DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

2 hours ago, garybusey said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole premise of, as you call it, wild speculation, is the question, Why would Trump meet with Mueller after Comey's firing and before the special counsel was announced?

Here's my wild speculation - Trump was trying to fill the FBI director position. He's also an idiot and did not know Mueller could not be hired as FBI director.

That's a bad bet imo. Sure, it's possible - but it would require more than Trump not knowing (which I could buy if it was just Trump in the loop), it would require his entire staff... including several key men who are in fact close with Mueller (hence the rest of my questions). 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's a bad bet imo. Sure, it's possible - but it would require more than Trump not knowing (which I could buy if it was just Trump in the loop), it would require his entire staff... including several key men who are in fact close with Mueller (hence the rest of my questions). 

Why would Trump require permission from his entire staff? He has authority over the FBI director. He has shown countless times how he lacks knowledge on government matters irregardless of the thoughts/actions of his staff.

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

Why would Trump require permission from his entire staff? He has authority over the FBI director. He has shown countless times how he lacks knowledge on government matters irregardless of the thoughts/actions of his staff.

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

Trump wouldn't require it, the reports which covered the meeting made it clear that Mueller met with Trump and key members of the WH staff. Hence, if the purpose of that meeting was truly to pick him to be head of the FBI (which is what the news reports claim), it would require more than just Trump being ignorant of Mueller's legal inability to take the position. 

It would require key members of his staff to be ignorant of this as well... which also is possible, but the chances drop considerably. 

Considering the Mueller connections within the cabinet, I'd wager Mueller was there to discuss something else entirely. And we're maybe starting to see more concrete evidence of that in how Mueller's investigation so far has really only impacted K-Street.

As if you can ever get a decent picture involving people with even 1 level of security above you, let along 10,000 levels...

Those of us with advanced security levels laugh at people who think they know anything about anything...

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump wouldn't require it, the reports which covered the meeting made it clear that Mueller met with Trump and key members of the WH staff. Hence, if the purpose of that meeting was truly to pick him to be head of the FBI (which is what the news reports claim), it would require more than just Trump being ignorant of Mueller's legal inability to take the position. 

It would require key members of his staff to be ignorant of this as well... which also is possible, but the chances drop considerably. 

Considering the Mueller connections within the cabinet, I'd wager Mueller was there to discuss something else entirely. And we're maybe starting to see more concrete evidence of that in how Mueller's investigation so far has really only impacted K-Street.

After reviewing your two sources, though, the reports that covered the meeting did not make it clear Mueller met with Trump and key members of the WH staff.

From NPR source... Mueller had gone so far as to meet with Justice Department leaders and White House officials about the FBI job, which opened after President Trump fired Director James Comey on May 9. But that idea went by the wayside after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein instead reached out to Mueller to run the politically sensitive Russia probe, which is examining ties between Russians and Trump campaign aides, the sources said

From Hill source... 

Mueller met with Justice Department and White House officials about leading the FBI again after Trump fired Comey in early May, the report said.

But when Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named Mueller as the special counsel to oversee the Russia probe, he was removed from contention.

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

As if you can ever get a decent picture involving people with even 1 level of security above you, let along 10,000 levels...

Those of us with advanced security levels laugh at people who think they know anything about anything...

Those with advanced security levels are instructed not to brag about them. 

11 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Those with advanced security levels are instructed not to brag about them. 

kinda obvious you have it to those who know you.... it's not that big a deal a bit up the ladder...

After reviewing your two sources, though, the reports that covered the meeting did not make it clear Mueller met with Trump and key members of the WH staff.

From NPR source... Mueller had gone so far as to meet with Justice Department leaders and White House officials about the FBI job, which opened after President Trump fired Director James Comey on May 9. But that idea went by the wayside after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein instead reached out to Mueller to run the politically sensitive Russia probe, which is examining ties between Russians and Trump campaign aides, the sources said

From Hill source... 

Mueller met with Justice Department and White House officials about leading the FBI again after Trump fired Comey in early May, the report said.

But when Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named Mueller as the special counsel to oversee the Russia probe, he was removed from contention.

"White House Officials", that means Trump (there's also other sources out there that make it clear he was present - dig).  Even if you'd like to believe Trump wasn't present, who in the White House would Mueller be meeting with at that time, and for what purpose? Why would Mueller, who already knew he was being considered for the special prosecutors position at the time, risk ruining the objectivity of his upcoming investigation by meeting in private with the subjects of that investigation beforehand? 

Gotta walk it all the way through.

Notice neither sources make clear the fact that Mueller was legally prevented from taking the job, they instead say it was because Rosenstein named him special prosecutor thus his name was taken off the list. That's false. His name was never on the list because he legally could not be a candidate for the job. 

What did Mueller do in the service before he became a lawyer?

Who else on Trump's cabinet served in the same branch? 

Why is that important?

:beer:

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What did Mueller do in the service before he became a lawyer?

Who else on Trump's cabinet served in the same branch? 

Why is that important?

:beer:

Marine

There are ~200,000 Marines - who are you referring to?

Can you tell me why you think is it important?

Marine

There are ~200,000 Marines - who are you referring to?

Can you tell me why you think is it important?

There are lots of Marines. It's a brotherhood that goes beyond most others in the service - especially Marine Corps officers... 

How many Marines were brought into Trump's cabinet under protest from various major media outlets?

Do any of those men have direct connections to Mueller?

Who was the only IC chief Trump retained?  

Did Trump have an unusual meeting with that person as well? 

Why would this be important in light of Mueller's work?

I'm posing these questions not to be pedantic or to evade your questions, but because I'm not trying to get bogged down in a debate where we both end up more entrenched than when we started. I'm all for conversation rather than argument. So, I'm trying to open minds to the possibility that things are not what they seem by asking questions which, when researched, provide a different context and allows you to form your own conclusions separate from my own. If it comes from me, and challenges your world view, it's easier to dismiss than if you come to the same conclusions yourself. :beer:

Because we haven't conversed much on here, allow me to recap my working theory for the past 18 months: There is a civil war going on behind the scenes within the intelligence community. We've seen that play out on the front pages for over a year (CIA vs DIA/Pentagon vs NSA vs FBI).

I'm suggesting with these questions that it's possible Mueller is targeting K-Street more-so than Trump, and that's been the plan from the beginning. That doesn't mean there won't be Trumpers swept up in the corruption probe (I expect both sides to pay a heavy toll), but it does mean that the main thrust of this investigation might not be Russian meddling or collusion. In other words, it's starting to look to me like this thing is not going to break the way people are expecting. 

I'm aware what I'm laying out here is speculation, but there's a lot of meat on that bone. ;) 

“The court has scheduled a plea hearing for Lieutenant General Michael T. Flynn (Ret.), 58, of Alexandria, Va., at 10:30 a.m. before U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras at the D.C. federal courthouse on 3rd and Constitution. A criminal information has been filed and is attached. No additional information is available at this time.” It’s two counts of False Statements Act violations from talking to investigators.

:lol:

“So we have a Scooter Libby approach to this investigation.

What you hear now is the slurping sound at the bottom of a dry hole when a prosecutor can’t find anything worth charging and the defendants have been cooperative i.e. stupid.

Michael Flynn Expected to Plead Guilty to Lying to FBI
Bloomberg Politics, by David Kocieniewski, Greg Farrell

Original Article

.......... this is the charge, that he asked the Russian ambassador to moderate their response to our sanctions and that he was told of his success by the Ambassador, then lied to the FBI about it?

Where is the crime they were investigating that led to the FBI interrogation in the first place?          

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“The court has scheduled a plea hearing for Lieutenant General Michael T. Flynn (Ret.), 58, of Alexandria, Va., at 10:30 a.m. before U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras at the D.C. federal courthouse on 3rd and Constitution. A criminal information has been filed and is attached. No additional information is available at this time.” It’s two counts of False Statements Act violations from talking to investigators.

:lol:

“So we have a Scooter Libby approach to this investigation.

What you hear now is the slurping sound at the bottom of a dry hole when a prosecutor can’t find anything worth charging and the defendants have been cooperative i.e. stupid.

Michael Flynn Expected to Plead Guilty to Lying to FBI
Bloomberg Politics, by David Kocieniewski, Greg Farrell

Original Article

.......... this is the charge, that he asked the Russian ambassador to moderate their response to our sanctions and that he was told of his success by the Ambassador, then lied to the FBI about it?

Where is the crime they were investigating that led to the FBI interrogation in the first place?          

Just reported by ABC: Flynn has prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with Russians

Flynn has flipped and has turned on Trump and his family.