Methinks It's Time to Sell

Chef Jim

We are planning on moving to an area with lower prices. And by waiting to sell we'll be in a position to possibly show up with a cash deal. Also with essentially no contingents we'll also be in the drivers seat. So selling first then looking to buy is the best scenario.

But thanks for the advice. :D

You should look in the Ramona area. You would be able to pay cash for a house with acreage and start a vineyard and winery if you wanted too. Maybe start a new restaurant as well.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should look in the Ramona area. You would be able to pay cash for a house with acreage and start a vineyard and winery if you wanted too. Maybe start a new restaurant as well.

I think you're on to something.

Edited by mead107

Start a new restaurant?? The man wants to retire!

I think you're on to something.

I think you guys need to shut the !@#$ up. The thought of running a restaurant (or a vineyard for that matter) gives me the willies.

Start a new restaurant?? The man wants to retire!

No kidding! And I "retired" from that **** show 16 years ago.

BTW we looked at the house in my OP yesterday. Marketing is a big thing obviously. Not that impressed with it and the pictures make it look a lot better than it really is. I prefer our place all day long mostly due to our kitchen being twice the size (I think our realtor is marketing it as "designed by a professional Chef), much better layout and a killer view. We hit the market Thursday!

BTW we looked at the house in my OP yesterday. Marketing is a big thing obviously. Not that impressed with it and the pictures make it look a lot better than it really is. I prefer our place all day long mostly due to our kitchen being twice the size (I think our realtor is marketing it as "designed by a professional Chef), much better layout and a killer view. We hit the market Thursday!

it's amazing what a few good camera angles, and some basic touch ups will do far a house in pictures. we looked at dozens based on what we like in the pictures, and when you're actually there...yuck.

it's amazing what a few good camera angles, and some basic touch ups will do far a house in pictures. we looked at dozens based on what we like in the pictures, and when you're actually there...yuck.

I have a good friend who does photography work on the side. I've told her she'd make a bundle teaching realtors how to take interior photos. ****ty pics are an immediate delete as far as I'm concerned. I can't tell you how many pictures of seen of someone's clothes hanging in their cluttered closet or a wonderful pic of their toilet. Our realtor has hired a professional photographer and she specializes in marketing.

I have a good friend who does photography work on the side. I've told her she'd make a bundle teaching realtors how to take interior photos. ****ty pics are an immediate delete as far as I'm concerned. I can't tell you how many pictures of seen of someone's clothes hanging in their cluttered closet or a wonderful pic of their toilet. Our realtor has hired a professional photographer and she specializes in marketing.

So........

Are you taking their advice on how to stage your home for the pictures?

So........

Are you taking their advice on how to stage your home for the pictures?

Now Jack there is a HUGE difference on taking the advice of a professional who I'm hiring to do a job vs asking yobbos on a football message board for advice on anything.

Now Jack there is a HUGE difference on taking the advice of a professional who I'm hiring to do a job vs asking yobbos on a football message board for advice on anything.

So................maybe?

For real.

We did have a professional photographer photograph our condo. I retook a bunch though. :-P I am a barely decent photography hobbiest, and was surprised at how much better many of my photos looked.

For real.

We did have a professional photographer photograph our condo. I retook a bunch though. :-P I am a barely decent photography hobbiest, and was surprised at how much better many of my photos looked.

Our place is very photogenic and I've taken tons of pics. As I've mentioned the view is the selling point and the reason we bought the "dump" and fixed it up. However with the San Francisco fog there is no guarantee that the view will be clear when the photographer is there this week. If it's not that clear I'll let him use any of mine I took. And all with my iPhone. Those damn things take pretty decent pics.

f2zVhe3.jpg

List it a hundred thousand lower and you will get a lot more offers.

Would you take meadcoins?

We'll like list it for that. We have a call with our Realtor on Wednesday.

What's the exchange rate for Meadcoins?

Best wishes for a successful sale!