Methinks It's Time to Sell

Chef Jim

Yup it sure is. I'm in Bexley if we ever decide to move, we'll be in great shape.

Really tempted to get out now. Polaris area, Olentangy schools, Alum Creek Res, .... Only problem is what / where to move into. Would love to move into the city but townhouse market has gone off the charts like stand alones. And the townhouse market up by me is no money saver either.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there is something special about our house. A world class view of the San Francisco Bay, the SF skyline, the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges and the Marin Headlands. Oh and it has a sauna.

Big Deal.

That house may possibly go for 275,000 here. Probably closer to 250.

Here's what a million will get you around here http://mymobile.flexmls.com/kingswayrealty/idx_links/20090304170052134902000000/listings/20170329162301342382000000

i think the house he listed would get more depending on the suburb it was in here. possibly in the 400 range. on top of that, the house you showed would be over a million. that place is awesome.

Didn't Golisano say he saved something crazy like $13,800/DAY when he moved to Naples?

i remember hearing it could be up to 7 million a year. not sure if that's correct though.

What is wrong with living in PA? I have a few friends that moved out to SoCal about 7/8 years ago. They live in Long Beach. I have never been out there & I heard it is a very nice place to live but it gets annoying when they come back into town & they constantly find the need to put down other parts of the country(especially WNY). Your happy where you live, great. Why do you constantly feel the need to put down other places of the country?

& I am sure you will get it but anybody that pays $1 million for your place or the place you listed is a sucker. There is nothing special about that house you listed & my guess is there is nothing special about your house either.

you can plop the same house in different areas, and you'd be shocked how the prices would change.

Oh there is something special about our house. A world class view of the San Francisco Bay, the SF skyline, the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges and the Marin Headlands. Oh and it has a sauna.

Does it have a bidet?

Oh there is something special about our house. A world class view of the San Francisco Bay, the SF skyline, the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges and the Marin Headlands. Oh and it has a sauna. 😆

I got the sunrise. Sunset. Trees. Pastures. I win.

You city folk don't get it

You're likely the only one in the world that thinks a view is not a big deal. And that's ok.

Hey I like a nice view just as much as the next guy but I am not sure it is worth paying $1 million plus for.

Hey I like a nice view just as much as the next guy but I am not sure it is worth paying $1 million plus for.

i think the point is that even the house without the nice views go for a ton of money because of the area.

i live in wny, have a nice/home and life, but still think this place sucks. it's ok. my family and work are here, so i'm here. my house wasn't a million, yet i'm paying more a month on taxes than what someone would pay for that house. i completely understand why people move from this area.

Does it have a bidet?

No but we do have a garden hose.

Obviously it is.

i think the point is that even the house without the nice views go for a ton of money because of the area.

i live in wny, have a nice/home and life, but still think this place sucks. it's ok. my family and work are here, so i'm here. my house wasn't a million, yet i'm paying more a month on taxes than what someone would pay for that house. i completely understand why people move from this area.

And that's the killer. The property taxes in NY. Over $10k a year for a "modest" home? You get rid of your mortgage but you have that albatross around your neck? No thanks.

And that's the killer. The property taxes in NY. Over $10k a year for a "modest" home? You get rid of your mortgage but you have that albatross around your neck? No thanks.

That's what were dealing with. we found the house we love on the exact type of property we want. the house was in our range, but we really had to come to terms with the taxes. if we decided we didn't want to pay them, we'd just be compromising on the house we really wanted. you get totally handcuffed by it. we just moved in 2 years ago, but i'm paying off the principal pretty aggressively. that being said, even when done, we'll still be paying close to 2 grand a month in taxes.

That's what happens when Democrats are in charge for like 5 decades straight...

That's what were dealing with. we found the house we love on the exact type of property we want. the house was in our range, but we really had to come to terms with the taxes. if we decided we didn't want to pay them, we'd just be compromising on the house we really wanted. you get totally handcuffed by it. we just moved in 2 years ago, but i'm paying off the principal pretty aggressively. that being said, even when done, we'll still be paying close to 2 grand a month in taxes.

It makes me wonder how hard it is for people in high property tax states like NY to have positive cash flow on rentals.

Where I lived in Florida you could have a nice house on a golf course or pond, and the same house across the street with a full bay view would go for $250-300k more. All day long.....

Let's not turn this political. In CA that has been Dem forever has much lower property taxes than NY

Most of our property taxes go towards teachers unions and state run Medicaid... That's right, Medicaid.

Most of our property taxes go towards teachers unions and state run Medicaid... That's right, Medicaid.

In our county when you turn 62 the school portion of your property taxes go away...and it's about 2/3 according to a neighbor who recently had his taxes drop.