AFC East Report Cards

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man - the orgo 2 final exam was just the most defeating exam I've ever taken. I got a 58/300 which was good for a C on the exam and ended up with a B- in the class.

Well then, that would be the curve I referenced above! And don't you just know there's some prick out there somewhere who got the perfect score, then some extra credit just to show off.

OK, half kidding. My son was second in his HS biology class. He'd get a 70 when the class average was in the 40's. Then there was a kid (whose parents were both doctors) who really DID get like a 105 with extra credit. Talk about blowing the curve!

Well then, that would be the curve I referenced above! And don't you just know there's some prick out there somewhere who got the perfect score, then some extra credit just to show off.

OK, half kidding. My son was second in his HS biology class. He'd get a 70 when the class average was in the 40's. Then there was a kid (whose parents were both doctors) who really DID get like a 105 with extra credit. Talk about blowing the curve!

I absolutely regret everything I did in college from an academic perspective. I had no clue what I wanted to do, and made decisions based on thinking I was too smart to go in a different direction. I'd seriously encourage any of you younger fellas to look at community college. Not only do you save a ton of money, but the adviser's are honestly probably better than what you'll get at a big-time University. It truly did feel like I was just a number at UB.

I know you can get a great education from a big-time university, but it's also easy to skate by and not really get much out of it other than a monthly student-loan bill.

The job i have now (which I like) requires nothing of which I went to school for, and I'd advance much faster if I'd gone to school for business or IT.

Edited by dneveu

I absolutely regret everything I did in college from an academic perspective. I had no clue what I wanted to do, and made decisions based on thinking I was too smart to go in a different direction. I'd seriously encourage any of you younger fellas to look at community college. Not only do you save a ton of money, but the adviser's are honestly probably better than what you'll get at a big-time University. It truly did feel like I was just a number at UB.

I know you can get a great education from a big-time university, but it's also easy to skate by and not really get much out of it other than a monthly student-loan bill.

The job i have now (which I like) requires nothing of which I went to school for, and I'd advance much faster if I'd gone to school for business or IT.

We had acquaintances who made a fortune in the Tech world. Enough that their life now centers around their Foundation to give away money. Their son got accepted to Duke, but spent the first 2 years at a community college. From an 18 year old kid: "why would I do that? The first 2 years I'll save enough to put money down for a really nice house when I'm done. It's not where you start school, it's where you finish!".

I'd suggest IT over general business. My son is a 1st year CPA working 70-80 hour weeks for months on end. Things will slow down, but it still sucks for him. You have to finish 12 months experience to technically be a CPA, even though he's passed all the tests. He says he literally does not remember our urging him to stay in science. The wife is still a banker (as I formerly was) and she sees finance majors all day long who she can't hire. CPA or CFA give you big a leg up, and CFA will get you into investment banking (if that's your thing). But it seems IT is where it's at. Oh well.....

Sorry, but we came in Tied with the Pats*, and ahead of the others, so maybe we split with the Cheaters and sweep the other 4? (Yeah, or it's silliness, but I was trying to get back on track. )

Edited by Augie