Comment about the Schoen/Gaine hires...

eball

I think the Miami and Houston organizations should be commended for allowing these guys to make "generally lateral" moves to the Bills. Both could have been blocked. I don't follow this kind of thing around the league enough to know if their actions were atypical, but it was nice to see regardless.

I'm sure the naysayers will rationalize it as an indication MIA and HOU weren't concerned about losing them, but certainly the immediate national and local media response has been that Beane is building a strong front office. The Gaine hire in particular addresses what some believe to be the area in which Beane has the least experience (scouting). I understand Gaine and Schoen have also worked together previously.

I feel as though the Bills made the stadium naming rights deal a year early...this finally IS a new era...

I first moved to Charlotte the day the Panthers played their first ever game,after having grown up 30 minutes from the Ralph. I remember thinking this is Buffalo South with Reich and Metzallars,etc. Guess we've gone full circle and are now Carolina North...

Regardless of who deserves credit, none more so than our owners. I have a feeling this thing might get finally turned around

Yes, strange enough to make a point of discussing the 'lateral moves' on NFLR, part of the national press that is impressed. I hope to see a lot of hiring's in the next few days for the scouting dept. Most Div. 1 schools have already had their Spring Game featuring up and comers. NFL scouts are almost always in attendance.

two young up and coming personel guys.

In reality non of us are insiders and really know much other than what we read. The guys all seem to be cut from the same cloth. If they work together they all seem like they have something to prove. I don't see how that's a bad thing except none have likely been the guy making the critical decision before. You can't drive until you get behind the wheel and what we've done in the past hasn't worked, so onward we go!

Yes, strange enough to make a point of discussing the 'lateral moves' on NFLR, part of the national press that is impressed. I hope to see a lot of hiring's in the next few days for the scouting dept. Most Div. 1 schools have already had their Spring Game featuring up and comers. NFL scouts are almost always in attendance.

Hopefully your fears nobody would want to work for the Pegulas have been assuaged. ;)

Edited by eball