Welcome Brian Gaine as VP of Player Personnel!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pegs has stubbed his toe a few times but now seems to be getting it.

I'd expect him to fail early on being a new owner. I think with all the crap that has happened with the sabres and bills has finally made him realize to do things right, you need to clean the cupboard and start fresh.

Not gonna lie, I didnt care much for the schoen hire, but this is a really good one for us. I bet the main reason he is coming here is because pegulas threw a bunch of money at him

I'm betting the reason Beane mentioned in the PC he was "blown away" after meeting the Pegs, and his multiple mention of "resources" was that they let him know in no uncertain terms they were not going to be shy about opening up their checkbooks for whatever the new football guys thought needed to get done

Like it.....looks like OBD is finally starting to build a respectable FO!

I know, this is strange. Every hire they have made lately has been universally praised across the entire NFL. All very well respected guys. Same with the Sabres hire of Botterill. Even the other team's fans have praised the hired and bend upset to see these guys go.

I am not used to this... lOL

If people were excited about the Rex Ryan hire and they're not by this new staff, I really don't know what to tell them... (except that they're nuts, maybe. lol just kidding)

This is impossible. The sky is falling. There arent 17 people that are more qualified, united with the current GM/HC, and share the same vision in the whole world. We are doomed I tell you.

SARCASM INTENDED

Yes, they hired 2 great candidates. The scouts are the tougher part to replace because no one will okay a lateral move. We are going to be inexperienced there. At the same time it is easier to hire an entry level person or middle management than the people leading the department. Just keep doing well...

As a reward for allowing us to hire Gaine, I hope the have a huge victory over the Chiefs when they play them on Oct 8th!

I am very surprised the Texans allowed this to happen. It wasn't a promotion, so they could have blocked it if I am not mistaken.

All these hires seem to be targeting younger, hungry, yet with plenty of experience. We might be seeing the makings of something we can be proud of long term here folks. This whole new team has a completely different vibe from what was here in the past.

I am not quite sure why the Pegulas didn't do this from the get go, but better late than never,...and TBH I thought never was straying to look like a real possibility.

Fingers crossed!

I thought they should have blown it up too but in their defence they didn't know them like we did :D

Yes, they hired 2 great candidates. The scouts are the tougher part to replace because no one will okay a lateral move. We are going to be inexperienced there. At the same time it is easier to hire an entry level person or middle management than the people leading the department. Just keep doing well...

Well we juse got Gaine on a lateral move...

Bruce Wilis jig

LOL that's a terrible quality gif! If I weren't such a huge fan of the last boy scout I don't think I could have identified it

Didn't he bring in Brock Osweiller last season? Oh well, I guess there's a small poop stain on everyone's underwear.

Somebody didn't read the rest of the thread...

Not gonna lie, I didnt care much for the schoen hire, but this is a really good one for us. I bet the main reason he is coming here is because pegulas threw a bunch of money at him

Peguilas are NOT cheap.