UDFA Jordan Johnson hopes to continue to call the 716 "home"

He has a chance to stick for sure ... UB fans what are your thoughts?

@jayskurski

[bN] Blitz: Jordan Johnson has called the 716 home his whole life. He hopes that continues with a spot on the #Bills

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/14/sweet-home-ub-product-jordan-johnson-hoping-stay-local-bills/

The kid is a contender. He was a bright spot on an otherwise dreary UB offense. (along with TE Mason Schreck who the Bengals drafted.) Downhill runner with a burst of speed when he gets in the open. He could be the new Gillislee.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The kid is a contender. He was a bright spot on an otherwise dreary UB offense. (along with TE Mason Schreck who the Bengals drafted.) Downhill runner with a burst of speed when he gets in the open. He could be the new Gillislee.

Kinda reminds me of gillislee. Top speed seems half a gear slower, it definitely has some potential. Seems to do a nice job of setting up his blocks

Kinda reminds me of gillislee. Top speed seems half a gear slower, it definitely has some potential. Seems to do a nice job of setting up his blocks

reminded me a little of Fred. Great vision, not the fastest, bigger but not huge.

Edit. This video he definitely looks like gillislee

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Looks pretty good. I hope he gets a real chance to prove himself.

That video montage had me confused. What's with the Buffalo Bulls color scheme?

First they are wearing all white, then all black, then white with blue, then blue with white, then white with black. UGH!

Call me "old school", but pick your traditional colors and stay with it. Not everyone should follow the example started by Oregon. Oregon shouldn't follow the example they started.

Seems to have good ball security. Covers it well just before impact. Needs to get bigger if he is going to take on NFL linemen.

6'1" 223 lbs. He dont need any bigger. Love the way he sets up his blocks.Hope the kid finds a home here

Looks pretty good. I hope he gets a real chance to prove himself.

That video montage had me confused. What's with the Buffalo Bulls color scheme?

First they are wearing all white, then all black, then white with blue, then blue with white, then white with black. UGH!

Call me "old school", but pick your traditional colors and stay with it. Not everyone should follow the example started by Oregon. Oregon shouldn't follow the example they started.

Blue and white (ala Kentucky) are their official colors but they do the Oregon thing now with different uni/helmet combos almost every game.

Blue and white (ala Kentucky) are their official colors but they do the Oregon thing now with different uni/helmet combos almost every game.

I like their official colors, they should wear those all the time.

The all black look is silly. I hate when teams wear all black, especially when it is not a part of their original color scheme.

6'1" 223 lbs. He dont need any bigger. Love the way he sets up his blocks.Hope the kid finds a home here

My bad. I was speaking more strength wise. I dont think he has as much muscle for taking the hits he will have to take. EDIT: I really like him and think his ball security is much better than JW Edited by fansince88

I know he is a 716 guy and I hope he can stick with the team in some way but I dont see where he is going to unseat Williams as a back up.

he won't unseat him imo but they will keep another guy behind Jwill and Tolbert imo. It will be between JJ and Cedric. PS at worst. Edited by YoloinOhio

He is good at following his blocks but do not think he has enough speed to go around end like he does a lot in highlights in the NFL. Not see if he has enough power to break tackles.

The Tight End I saw appeared to be very good at blocking at end of line.

I watched JJ a lot. I always wanted UB to feature him MORE than they did, especially as a Soph and Junior. He seems dangerous every time he got the ball.

The comparisons above are good. I'd also compare him to a lighter Karlos Williams. He gets downhill, fast and he's still a pretty big guy. He's faster than you think he is.

If the Bills give him a legit shot to make the team, I think he could do it. That means he would have to be given more than 5 total carries with the 4th string in preseason. Obviously he would have to show something on special teams as well and might even need another RB to go down with an injury (to get a decent number of carries). Hopefully it works out for him. The Bills never really gave Branden Oliver a chance and he blew up in San Diego.