Graham:Borrrring! New GMs are Buffalo's non-splash brothers

I would call both McD and Beane uninspired hires. If they exceed expectations, fine. But how many of you think they have the stuff to bring this team to a super bowl? Nope, not I. I don't see it. They are like that nice brother in law you have - says the right tihng, shows up for family gatherings, is a good dad, goes to that regular job. But you know as well as he does he isn't going to become president of the company. If a regular 9 to fiver can bring the Bills to a championship, we'd already be there. Glad you're all happy. Let's see where you are at the end of the season, when they finish 6-10. Out of playoffs, out of draft position for the elite QBs. Here comes more mediocrity.

To me it is. Put your head down and do the work.

What about when the work requires a big splashy move?

I don't recall Doug being obscenely self promoting or anything but sometimes you have to go get your guy. Trading up next year for a qb would be a huge splash, for instance.

I would call both McD and Beane uninspired hires. If they exceed expectations, fine. But how many of you think they have the stuff to bring this team to a super bowl? Nope, not I. I don't see it. They are like that nice brother in law you have - says the right tihng, shows up for family gatherings, is a good dad, goes to that regular job. But you know as well as he does he isn't going to become president of the company. If a regular 9 to fiver can bring the Bills to a championship, we'd already be there. Glad you're all happy. Let's see where you are at the end of the season, when they finish 6-10. Out of playoffs, out of draft position for the elite QBs. Here comes more mediocrity.

Uninspired because you weren't on board with firing the GM? Or uninspired because you've deemed them incapable of winning at this early juncture?

McD/Beane seem more suited to the modern NFL than their predecessors did, which was essentially get a better player here and another one there.

This isn't about simply being in the playoffs..it's sustaining a winner season after season. Because the Bills have mastered mortgaging their future for the present and it failed miserably. I'm ready for a new calculated approach.

Funny how the media works; boring and never grabbing for the splash player was the Bills for many years. In fact Wilson got beat up and called cheap a million times. The bottom line is you can never please everyone and I'm just hoping these guys can bring back some winning and competitive play. "splash or no splash"

RW was cheap when it came to Coaches.

i don't get the comparisons to Jauron. is it demeanor?

...Jauron couldn't make a funeral exciting........didn't he serve embalming fluid at his pressers??.....you CERTAINLY cannot equate the hirings of "young gun 40 something personnel/coaching minds" as Pegula has brought in to the fossil a/k/a Dopey Dickie?...all football business even if boring is far more meaningful IMO....substance over style, a sorely lacking OBD component since the Polian firing......boring is fine, bring home a winner....what is your preference??.....................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Just another example of awful Buffalo media. They talk out of both sides of their mouth. They love Rex being loud and giving them quotes. Then, they turn on him. Belichick is Jauron like in PCs, anyone care?

The media will find something to whine about it. And winning is the only thing that matters.

I read the Article and thought he took of cheaps shots on Whaley for no reason. typical Tim.

as for the negative coverage. We have a 24-24 team over the last 3 years . The buffalo news coverage was at least 85 percent negative , often time muckraking out of bitterness. They are on the clock now to see how they go about tearing apart the news guys.

Just another example of awful Buffalo media. They talk out of both sides of their mouth. They love Rex being loud and giving them quotes. Then, they turn on him. Belichick is Jauron like in PCs, anyone care?

The media will find something to whine about it. And winning is the only thing that matters.

They loved Rex?

They certainly never loved Whaley.

Edited by jmc12290

Other guys that match your description would include Joe Gibbs, Dick Vermeil, Marc Levy. All pretty good coaches.

The number of people around here that can predict the future is mind boggling.