H2o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabbert is garbage.

Not many people are going to argue that Gabbert is anything more than a backup. In fact, that's what he is brought in to do, or at least compete for a backup job. He's at best a second-rate conventional backup qb. For the Cardinals the discussion isn't who is better rather than who is is better suited for the team and at what price?

Ask yourself what contract would Gabbert be willing to play for and what contract is Kaep willing to pay for? In this case the cheaper option is the better option as a backup, assuming he makes the team.

Yeah, a guy with a 16 to 4 td ratio on a crap team doesn't belong in the NFL while studs like Gabbert & Matt Cassel have jobs.

Peaceful protest in a country with the 1st amendment = bad. Punch a woman in the face = second round pick.

Lol, queue the racsim rant.

Someone will sign Kaepernick by August. He would be the best backup QB in the NFL (by far), and 99% of NFL players respect him tremendously.

Ridiculous statement. I personally believe his current abilities as a QB are highly over rated and there are plenty of better backups out there that are already on NFL teams. I couldn't care less about his off field beliefs etc., I just don't think he is as talented as some people believe.

Ridiculous statement. I personally believe his current abilities as a QB are highly over rated and there are plenty of better backups out there that are already on NFL teams. I couldn't care less about his off field beliefs etc., I just don't think he is as talented as some people believe.

lol ok, Sparky. 4:1 TD:INT ratio on a crappy team. Has been a starter for a Super Bowl team. Apparently you don't realize how crappy the vast majority of NFL quarterbacks are.

lol ok, Sparky. 4:1 TD:INT ratio on a crappy team. Has been a starter for a Super Bowl team. Apparently you don't realize how crappy the vast majority of NFL quarterbacks are.

be cant read defenses. He is inaccurate. He misses on over the middle sheet yardage too much. He is good enough to be a backup but so are giys like gabbert, fitz and Manuel.

Lol, queue the racsim rant.

Good post LMAO

1) a queue is a line.

2) not a single person brought up race until you did.

3) Joe Mixon was the player I was talking about and he is black. So your point is super dumb.

4) generally, the people who cry about racism and things being too PC are the biggest racists on the planet.

Yeah, a guy with a 16 to 4 td ratio on a crap team doesn't belong in the NFL while studs like Gabbert & Matt Cassel have jobs.

Peaceful protest in a country with the 1st amendment = bad. Punch a woman in the face = second round pick.

The owners can do whatever they want.

He is one of the best 60 qbs on the planet. There isn't a doubt about that.

And I hope it is as simple as him overpricing himself. But if it is for other reasons, it's embarrassing for the NFL and fans who are fine with women beaters and other pieces of trash.

Ask yourself what contract would Gabbert be willing to play for and what contract is Kaep willing to pay for?

The whole point is that we don't really know what Colin is asking for. I've seen supposition but that could quite easily be from the mouth of someone with an agenda.

The owners can do whatever they want.

Sure they can. "Daddy, why is Mixon on a team but Kaepernick isn't? "

"Well son, punching a woman isn't as bad as taking a knee during the national anthem. He isn't a real American!"

"But dad, you didnt stand for the anthem when we were watching the game on TV."

"But that's different."

The whole point is that we don't really know what Colin is asking for. I've seen supposition but that could quite easily be from the mouth of someone with an agenda.

Yup. If he is pricing himself as a starter, then it's all on him.

If his agent really wants to get him signed and pressure teams, he should let the media know he is willing to take backup money.

Sure they can. "Daddy, why is Mixon on a team but Kaepernick isn't? "

"Well son, punching a woman isn't as bad as taking a knee during the national anthem. He isn't a real American!"

"But dad, you didnt stand for the anthem when we were watching the game on TV."

"But that's different."

There's also the difference of Kaepernick sucking. Hundreds of black athletes have made political statements and they haven't been blackballed by the leagues, unless they suck. Why is Kaep specifically being targeted? The Afro?

he didn't beat out Gabbert.

Disirregardless, who's signed today based on skill and who's not?

He was hurt in training camp and completely outplayed Gabbert when he took over the job.

There's also the difference of Kaepernick sucking. Hundreds of black athletes have made political statements and they haven't been blackballed by the leagues, unless they suck. Why is Kaep specifically being targeted? The Afro?

How many qbs with a 4:1 td to int ratio struggle to get backup jobs? Matt Cassel was maybe the worst qb in the world 2 years ago.

Yup. If he is pricing himself as a starter, then it's all on him.

If his agent really wants to get him signed and pressure teams, he should let the media know he is willing to take backup money.

Honestly, if you're not pressed with short-term cap issues, signing him to a solid contract could be a good thing. Sure, there's plenty of people that didn't like the way he's conducted himself but there's also plenty that stand by him.

Plus there's the added PR potential because the guy seems to be putting his money where his mouth is. A chunk of that cap hit looks destined for charitable donation.