What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

To be fair, he said "games" plural.

In all seriousness, is anyone here satisfied with Taylor under center if we're down 5 at our own 25 with 3 timeouts and 2 minutes to go? Is anyone here confident? Anyone taking a straight up bet for their mortgage payment at that point?

Why don't we see what Dennison has planned for him before we start making assumptions.

In all seriousness, is anyone here satisfied with Taylor under center if we're down 5 at our own 25 with 3 timeouts and 2 minutes to go? Is anyone here confident? Anyone taking a straight up bet for their mortgage payment at that point?

Okay, so lets include the Jacksonville game this past year, where they took the lead in the 4th and then we took the lead back (with a passing TD *gasp*) and won. Games, plural. His statement was not based in reality. The qualifying statement he followed up with is a reasonable perspective that I can respect and understand.

Wrong Chiefs traded 2 number 1 picks and a 3rd rounder. Please just stop embarrassing your self. Big trade up for the next great QB. the Chiefs cleaned the Bills clock on that trade. To get the best player in the draft and a generational talent at QB.

Once again. "Generational QBs" do not fall to #10. The "best player in the draft" does not fall to #10. If Mahomes were so likely to be so great, Cleveland would have just taken him #1. Or SF would have taken him #2. Or Chicago would have taken him over Trubisky. At the very least the Jets would have taken him #6. "Those teams are just idiots" is not a persuasive argument.

The plan for 2017 should be to see if, Tyrod, Cardale or Peterman can be a legitimate playoff caliber QB. Winning games is secondary and doubtful. Hopefully one of the three can be that player. If not get a franchise QB in 2018. Give up all your draft picks if you have to but get a franchise QB.

Once again. "Generational QBs" do not fall to #10. The "best player in the draft" does not fall to #10. If Mahomes were so likely to be so great, Cleveland would have just taken him #1. Or SF would have taken him #2. Or Chicago would have taken him over Trubisky. At the very least the Jets would have taken him #6. "Those teams are just idiots" is not a persuasive argument.

Generational talents as far as prospects are Andrew Luck and John Elway and Peyton Manning...they didn't fall to #10. Edited by Teeflebees

How many generational prospects have there been? Last can't miss prospects were Andrew Luck, Eli Manning. But if you wait for a generational prospect you will never get a top QB. Derek Carr was a very good QB prospect that fell because teams didn't like that he played in a gimmicky spread offense plus his brother failed. Aaron Rodgers was considered to have top 3 talent when he came out but fell on draft day because teams didn't want to draft a Tedford system QB.

Patrick Mahomes was also a very good prospect that I think should have gone top 3 in the draft but I also said before the draft he would SLIP a bit because many of the same NFL teams make the same mistakes over and over. I believe in drafting very good NFL prospects and Mahomes has the ability to be a top 3 QB in the NFL and be a SPECIAL player. I run to the podium for such a prospect.

You are welcome to wait till Greg Cosell and Mel Kiper tell you the coast is clear. I am not in that camp.

Edited by jeffismagic

How many generational prospects have there been? Last can't miss prospects were Andrew Luck, Eli Manning. But if you wait for a generational prospect you will never get a top QB. Derek Carr was a very good QB prospect that fell because teams didn't like that he played in a gimmicky spread offense plus his brother failed. Aaron Rodgers was considered to have top 3 talent when he came out but fell on draft day because teams didn't want to draft a Tedford system QB.

Patrick Mahomes was also a very good prospect that I think should have gone top 3 in the draft but I also said before the draft he would SLIP a bit because many of the same NFL teams make the same mistakes over and over. I believe in drafting very good NFL prospects and Mahomes has the ability to be a top 3 QB in the NFL and be a SPECIAL player. I run to the podium for such a prospect.

You are welcome to wait till Greg Cosell and Mel Kiper tell you the coast is clear. I am not in that camp.

Can you list your qualifications for being able to pick QBs?

That wasn't his point at all.

He didn't say you don't wait for a generational player.

He was simply saying Mahomes isn't generational talent/prospect like billsareback keeps saying....that's it.

That wasn't his point at all.

He didn't say you don't wait for a generational player.

He was simply saying Mahomes isn't generational talent/prospect like billsareback keeps saying....that's it.

So what? No, many of the don't draft Mahomes crowd don't think Mahomes is a good prospect. Period. I believe you were in that camp.

And indeed, many people say wait till next year. That argument has been shredded over and over here. If Mahomes is a very good prospect on your board there is no excuse for a franchise like Buffalo to punt.

Argument from authority? It works both ways.

That's not an answer. I don't claim to have any expertise in picking Qbs. You do. What are your qualifications that make you better at doing so than anyone here and better than those who do this for a living?

So what? No, many of the don't draft Mahomes crowd don't think Mahomes is a good prospect. Period. I believe you were in that camp.

And indeed, many people say wait till next year. That argument has been shredded over and over here. If Mahomes is a very good prospect on your board there is no excuse for a franchise like Buffalo to punt.

Okay so I guess you'll just continue to inappropriately respond to a post just because you want to give your opinion again.

You'd probably lose that bet 8 out of 10 times, even with the best QB's in the business. So, no I wouldn't take that bet. I wouldn't do it even if we had Ben, Aaron, Drew, you name him...

That's not an answer. I don't claim to have any expertise in picking Qbs. You do. What are your qualifications that make you better at doing so than anyone here and better than those who do this for a living?

I am not a QB scout. If I was I wouldn't be spending time discussing this with you but I would be counting my $$$ from an NFL team that valued my input. I am just a fan that sees patterns in the chaos.

As for Mahomes I watched every throw he made in college and weighed the pros and cons and realized he was exactly who I would draft if I was in charge. Once I saw the arguments against I realized that this had happened before. I see Mahomes as a Derek Carr type prospect who would be discounted by pundits for the wrong reasons.

Edited by jeffismagic

I am not a QB scout. If I was I wouldn't be spending time discussing this with you but I would be counting my $$$ from an NFL team that valued my input. I am just a fan that sees patterns in the chaos.

As for Mahomes I watched every throw he made in college and weighed the pros and cons and realized he was exactly who I would draft if I was in charge. Once I saw the arguments against I realized that this had happened before. I see Mahomes as a Derek Carr type prospect who would be discounted by pundits for the wrong reasons.

I see patterns too. I see that the majority of the time when teams move up to get a QB that it doesn't pan out. I see a pattern that no QBs from Texas Tech that have played in that offense have succeeded in the NFL. I see a pattern that of the best QBs in the league right now (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesberger), two were drafted middle of round 1, one was drafted round 2, and one was drafted day 6. And I see a patter n of someone here repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again and hijacking threads to do so.

I see patterns too. I see that the majority of the time when teams move up to get a QB that it doesn't pan out. I see a pattern that no QBs from Texas Tech that have played in that offense have succeeded in the NFL. I see a pattern that of the best QBs in the league right now (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlesberger), two were drafted middle of round 1, one was drafted round 2, and one was drafted day 6. And I see a patter n of someone here repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again and hijacking threads to do so.

Yes, this is the reason why Aaron Rodgers fell. You proved my point.

Of course it doesn't make sense to you. You are committing the same errors in how you view QB's that I noted many NFL teams make.

Then explain. My specific point was no QB from Texas Tech has ever succeeded in the NFL. And to counter that you bring up a QB from Cal.