Mort Tidbits from owners meeting

He said that the Pats and Tom Brady are all but set to announce a monster deal for Brady. The Pats are also interested in Derrick Mason.

J. Trottier is in KC today and is expected to sign with them. Also KC is making a big push for Samari Rolle.

The Cards want Kurt Warner. Jeff Garcia is interested in backing up Plummer in Denver.

He said that the Pats and Tom Brady are all but set to announce a monster deal for Brady. The Pats are also interested in Derrick Mason.

J. Trottier is in KC today and is expected to sign with them. Also KC is making a big push for Samari Rolle.

The Cards want Kurt Warner. Jeff Garcia is interested in backing up Plummer in Denver.

258812[/snapback]

This is the kind of thing they talk about at the owners meeting?

258812[/snapback]

First thing I thought when I heard the PatrIDIOTS cut Brown was they will push for Mason. Big WR who can return kicks also. Better than Brown IMHO.

First thing I thought when I heard the PatrIDIOTS cut Brown was they will push for Mason.  Big WR who can return kicks also.  Better than Brown IMHO.

258829[/snapback]

Big? I thought Derrick Mason was about 5' 10". He's very good though, I had him on my fantasy team last year and watched a lot. I don't want him anywhere near the Pats.

Big? I thought Derrick Mason was about 5' 10". He's very good though, I had him on my fantasy team last year and watched a lot. I don't want him anywhere near the Pats.

258837[/snapback]

I actually meant big play WR, but why edit now. Anyways at 5'10" he may be the biggest WR in Patridiots history!! :)

Excerpt from the Cincinnati Enquirer, Mar 2, regarding Mason.

"While Johnson appears headed back to Cincinnati, the Bengals' other big-name unrestricted free agent, wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, is expected to attract attention on the open market beginning today.

Receiver-challenged Baltimore is one team that's expected to entertain a Houshmandzadeh visit. He had 17 receptions for 287 yards in two games against the Ravens in 2004.

The Bengals stayed in the hunt for former Tennessee wide receiver Derrick Mason, one of six players released last week in the Titans' salary-cap purge. Mason, an eight-year veteran, is still talking with the Bengals and two other teams, Baltimore and Jacksonville.

Schaffer also represents Mason and was not taking calls about the receiver until Thursday, a secretary said Tuesday.

Mason was second in the AFC with 96 receptions (for 1,168 yards) in 2004. Mason's desire to play for Lewis is a strong point in the Bengals' favor. A potential Mason acquisition would all but end the Bengals' bid to re-sign Houshmandzadeh, who also could end up with either of the New York teams."