PFF: Tyrod Taylor #2 starting QB in AFCE

So it's ok to be the over the top Tyrod worshipper, but someone who thinks the opposite is downright scary?

Ridiculous is right. So is the fact that you seem to place yourself above the fray when you are as guilty of being on a high horse and insulting posters as anyone. Matter of fact...you had the nerve to tell me to stop posting.

Every time you post about me, I feel like the exact same can be said for yourself. If it wasn't for you and these silly Tyrod is good threads, this place would be much more sane.

If you say so :flirt:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you and jm2009 related?

How many opportunities did the Bills offense have to end that game?

At least 2. The truth of it = they only needed ONE and that was a TD on the opening drive. You can't blame the defense if the O gets the ball to start OT.

By your logic you might as well just not field a defense at all. Just have to have an offense that can score every time they touch the ball, which not one offense in the NFL does.

I understand the Logic Promo, that doesn't mean you blame the defense for the lack of production of the offense.

If you consider 31 points a "lack of production," there is really no reasoning with you. How do you justify giving up 34 points to an offense led by Matt Moore?

That is why I wanted to dig in on it lol. It would seem to also reward poor teams QBs as well as poor scoring teams.

The point however seems to be that although the Bills offense as a whole was effective Tyrod wasn't. Not sure that is the best way to say it but I think that is what he was driving at. For me personally it is really hard to remove the QB from the equation when discussing a successful offense or say that the QB didn't pplay a large part in it.

Absolutely, points have to come first. Blake Bortles team scored 32 offensive TDs and Tyrod Taylor's scored 46.

He doesn't, so why pretend it wasn't his decision to tender MG the 5th rounder as BillsFan4 did?

That is beyond my reach, I tend not to answer for other posters.

Just don't see there being a way to be an apologist for a guy who has yet to coach a game.

Everything going on behind closed doors, unless in those rooms and/or in those meetings is pure speculation.

We do know that, while Whaley was basically one foot out the door, they tried to make it work and see if they could build a business relationship.

For all we know Whaley valued Mike in that regard and McDermott didn't agree. Whaley pulled that trigger and ultimately being a driving force between the two.

Again, everything is pure speculation at this point.

Uh.....they did end it....a few times

Our defense kept opening the door back up.

You cant blame the offense when they score THAT MANY points in a game.....and the defense just lets them come right back....at some point you HAVE to put the blame where it is really due.

Game should have been over with a minute left. Should have been over when the Bills got to the Miami 17 in OT. That ridiculous play with Bush and Carpenter missed another FG.

I've been through this with you countless times. His rush yards that you drool over are factored in, and he still comes in near the very bottom for total yards and total TD's When compared to the percentage his peers had for their respective team's.

Of course it would. Other teams pass the ball more and run less. We run more and pass less. You don't need research to figure that out. As for TDs its easy to say that Taylor counted for less percentage of TDs when most teams pass for more TDs than they run for them. If you take percentage in a vacuum it sounds bad. If you take it out of a vacuum you realize that the Bills scored a lot of TDs on the ground and on top of that Taylor scored 23 of his own putting him in the top 15 in QBs TD wise.

That is why I wanted to dig in on it lol. It would seem to also reward poor teams QBs as well as poor scoring teams.

The point however seems to be that although the Bills offense as a whole was effective Tyrod wasn't. Not sure that is the best way to say it but I think that is what he was driving at. For me personally it is really hard to remove the QB from the equation when discussing a successful offense or say that the QB didn't pplay a large part in it.

It's about how large a part he was directly accountable for when measured against his peers.

Nobody is removing the QB from the equation...we are determining how much he factored into the equation. It turns out not nearly as much as most others.

Disregard it if you so choose...I'm simply putting forth the info because I think it helps give everyone another piece of the puzzle when discussing this subject.

It's about how large a part he was directly accountable for when measured against his peers.

Nobody is removing the QB from the equation...we are determining how much he factored into the equation. It turns out not nearly as much as most others.

Disregard it if you so choose...I'm simply putting forth the info because I think it helps give everyone another piece of the puzzle when discussing this subject.

How do you explain Bortles being 30% more responsible than Brady? That's why it is flawed. The amount of scoring has to come first.

Of course it would. Other teams pass the ball more and run less. We run more and pass less. You don't need research to figure that out. As for TDs its easy to say that Taylor counted for less percentage of TDs when most teams pass for more TDs than they run for them. If you take percentage in a vacuum it sounds bad. If you take it out of a vacuum you realize that the Bills scored a lot of TDs on the ground and on top of that Taylor scored 23 of his own putting him in the top 15 in QBs TD wise.

TT accounted for more TDs in 2016 than Alex Smith. yet the Crusher would have you believe that Taylor is alone on an island of ineptitude.

Your analysis while interesting to an extent is flawed. Taylor scored more TDs on his own if you combine his passing and his rushing TDs then than like 15 other QBs. The Bills just happen to have a lot of rushing TDs on top of it bringing Taylors percentage down compared to other QBs that don't ALSO have rushing TDs. When you look at just QB TDs Taylor ranks in the top 15. When you look at total TDs Taylor ranks low on percent because other teams don't have a lot of rushing TDs adding to their total like we do. This is why the Bills ranked like top 5 in TDs.

To add... your analysis also fails to account for how much Taylors threat of run makes it easier on our running backs by removing at least one defender from the play on quite a lot of downs.

Edited by Scott7975

Your analysis while interesting to an extent is flawed. Taylor scored more TDs on his own if you combine his passing and his rushing TDs then than like 15 other QBs. The Bills just happen to have a lot of rushing TDs on top of it bringing Taylors percentage down compared to other QBs that don't ALSO have rushing TDs. When you look at just QB TDs Taylor ranks in the top 15. When you look at total TDs Taylor ranks low on percent because other teams don't have a lot of rushing TDs adding to their total like we do. This is why the Bills ranked like top 5 in TDs.

The endgame arguement when this is brought up is certain fans want their qb to be a "real qb" and not run for those touchdowns...they want them thrown to pass catcher's while he stands tall in the pocket and does not bail out of the back of it.

TT is a different kind of quarterback and most will just not accept that.....he is more weapon then he is pocket passer....he is the fastest QB in the league and he uses it....he is that guy that when you have everything covered on defense he will just scamper for a 1st down driving opposing D coordinators nuts.

Honestly speaking....i would like to see him throw more rather then be a target for some monster linebacker who knows he can take a free shot at him on the side line because he exposes himself as a runner......and not go for those bonus yards (the 20 something runs are exciting.....but I would just rather see the 1st down and then duck out of bounds and live to play another day)

TT his competitior though....you cant ask a race horse not to run.....and the bills do need to start thinking about life after TT in a rich qb draft (in my opinion)

The endgame arguement when this is brought up is certain fans want their qb to be a "real qb" and not run for those touchdowns...they want them thrown to pass catcher's while he stands tall in the pocket and does not bail out of the back of it.

TT is a different kind of quarterback and most will just not accept that.....he is more weapon then he is pocket passer....he is the fastest QB in the league and he uses it....he is that guy that when you have everything covered on defense he will just scamper for a 1st down driving opposing D coordinators nuts.

Honestly speaking....i would like to see him throw more rather then be a target for some monster linebacker who knows he can take a free shot at him on the side line because he exposes himself as a runner......and not go for those bonus yards (the 20 something runs are exciting.....but I would just rather see the 1st down and then duck out of bounds and live to play another day)

TT his competitior though....you cant ask a race horse not to run.....and the bills do need to start thinking about life after TT in a rich qb draft (in my opinion)

A rushing TD counts the same as a passing one.

An unbiased opinion you will not get from him. The big question is-why so biased?

I personally dont care where our TDs come from.....I thought our O looked fantastic last year given the injuries.

Could imagine a top 10 D to go along with that?....could imagine our O being even better with Watkins and Zay Jones working together?

I can

I personally dont care where our TDs come from.....I thought our O looked fantastic last year given the injuries.

Could imagine a top 10 D to go along with that?....could imagine our O being even better with Watkins and Zay Jones working together?

I can

We would have made the playoffs in 2016 if the D was top ten. That's the shame of it all. Ask Crusher why the Ryan brothers were fired. We know it was because of the defense. he'll say different.

We would have made the playoffs in 2016 if the D was top ten. That's the shame of it all. Ask Crusher why the Ryan brothers were fired. We know it was because of the defense. he'll say different.

Crusher (and the poster's of that group) NEVER discuss defense unless its specifically brought up and even then the argument is well...."iffy"

I have tried to explain what it means to have a "team identity" but it is falling on deaf ears for some

2 years ago this team would have loved to just have a qb that managed the game and didnt turn the ball over because our D as so dominant.....not because of what the Ryan brothers did to this team now its all about the offense (and in particular the qb) not winning games for the team

Would I like to see a 300 yard 4 TD 1 int passer? Sure I would......that option is not available to us right now.....what i would really like to see is this team get its team identity ship righted and not give up 100 yard rushers...not have critical miscommunications in our secondary that go for touchdowns.....NOT BE BEHIND IN FOURTH QUARTERS.

Yes.....I want better passing plays.....lets see if guys actually making plays for their quarterback actually happen this year.