Henry shouldnt lose his job just cause of injury

Johnny

now there's hindsight for you.

258776[/snapback]

No kidding! What is Johnny's point, anyway? That everyone's really stupid for doubting a guy who had just come off one of the most serious injuries a running back can have the misfortune of getting?

Yeah, I can't see any reason why anyone would have preferred Travis Henry to Willis McGahee last training camp when Henry had proven himself to be more than servicable and, beyond that, extremely determined (proved by playing hurt during a season that was clearly a lost cause).

Obviously, now McGahee has proved himself to be the better back - but it isn't because Henry is a bad player! Very plainly, McGahee is just a bit better, that's all. But that doesn't take away from Henry's contributions that he made during his time starting.

I grow weary of this revisionist history and "I told you so" garbage.

remember when people actually thought he was better than Mcgahee this time last year :)

258741[/snapback]

I agree. But he SHOULD lose his job if he isn't better than Willis. And he isn't. Willis is better than Henry.

No kidding!  What is Johnny's point, anyway? That everyone's really stupid for doubting a guy who had just come off one of the most serious injuries a running back can have the misfortune of getting?

Yeah, I can't see any reason why anyone would have preferred Travis Henry to Willis McGahee last training camp when Henry had proven himself to be more than servicable and, beyond that, extremely determined (proved by playing hurt during a season that was clearly a lost cause).

Obviously, now McGahee has proved himself to be the better back - but it isn't because Henry is a bad player! Very plainly, McGahee is just a bit better, that's all. But that doesn't take away from Henry's contributions that he made during his time starting.

I grow weary of this revisionist history and "I told you so" garbage.

258895[/snapback]