Henry shouldnt lose his job just cause of injury

Johnny

remember when people actually thought he was better than Mcgahee this time last year :)

258741[/snapback]

It's the same as people saying Drew is better than JP. Honestly, there was no way to tell who the stronger back was at the time, just like there isn't really any way to tell yet who is the better QB. Hopefully JP will be an upgrade just like Willis was.

But at the same time, it's not like Travis sucks. He's not Willis, but he's still a pretty good back.

Travis did not lose his job because of injury. He lost his job because he failed. Two examples - Oakland, tripped on the goal line. New England - 3rd down before the Bledsoe botched bootleg, he tripped again when there was a huge hole. Henry continuously showed he was not capable of blocking. Henry is definately a step below Willis. He is capable, but does not have the potential to be a superstar.

Last year people were unsure how Willis would perform. We know now that he is better.

BTW, I thought this issue was over months ago?

He lost it because McGahee came in and played like a beast. McGahee doesn't have fumbilitis, doesn't get tackled by the invisible lines the networks show on tv, and can actually pick up the blitz. Not to mention, he stiff armed Ray Lewis and not only lived to tell about it, but ran for quite a gain after the fact.

No, he should lose it from being tackled by hash marks and goal lines in the first couple of games he played this past season. If Henry were able to keep his balance in clutch situations, we'd have made the playoffs even with stonehead at QB.

258757[/snapback]

Exactly!!!

He lost it because McGahee came in and played like a beast. McGahee doesn't have fumbilitis, doesn't get tackled by the invisible lines the networks show on tv, and can actually pick up the blitz. Not to mention, he stiff armed Ray Lewis and not only lived to tell about it, but ran for quite a gain after the fact.

258763[/snapback]

should i have used a sarcasm button ......i thought it was funny that during preseason people on here actually preferred henry

should i have used a sarcasm button ......i thought it was funny that during preseason people on here actually preferred henry

258768[/snapback]

now there's hindsight for you.

Maybe the NFL can stop keeping score, and all the players hug at the end of each game, and get cookies and juice.  :)

PTR

258793[/snapback]

don't forget the orange slices.

No, he should lose it from being tackled by hash marks and goal lines in the first couple of games he played this past season. If Henry were able to keep his balance in clutch situations, we'd have made the playoffs even with stonehead at QB.

258757[/snapback]

Gavin....

I ALMOST could have lived with what you are talking about above.....what I absolutely could not was his pathetic attempt at pass protection.....

I could have sworn he was doing that **** on purpose

Gavin....

I ALMOST could have lived with what you are talking about above.....what I absolutely could not was his pathetic attempt at pass protection.....

I could have sworn he was doing that **** on purpose

258811[/snapback]

I dunno about on purpose, I just think it's too difficult for him thinking in 3 dimensions. He's more of the 'Give me the ball and I'll run with it' type of RB. Ask him to do more is probably asking too much.

now there's hindsight for you.

258776[/snapback]

hindsight nothing it was clear who was better even while he couldnt run at full speed and we might not have seen that yet

fight for you opinions but do not believe they contain the whole truth or the only truth

I wasn't saying Henry was better. I always thought that if his knee was sound, McGahee would be the superior back. I think the Bills also believed that too, and were just waiting until he was healthy to give him a chance to prove it. He did. Why are you trying to make the arguement now? It's time to move on.

I wasn't saying Henry was better.  I always thought that if his knee was sound, McGahee would be the superior back.  I think the Bills also believed that too, and were just waiting until he was healthy to give him a chance to prove it.  He did.  Why are you trying to make the arguement now?  It's time to move on.

258869[/snapback]

cause it's preseason and Ice isnt posting

hindsight nothing it was clear who was better even while he couldnt run at full speed and we might not have seen that yet

258827[/snapback]

Riiiight....