Reuben Foster might miss 2017 season due to shoulder

Imagine if we took him!!! People would be calling for Whaley to be fired immediately!!

I suspect a public hanging would be expected, and it would be very well attended. Like a Super Bowl parade, but in reverse. :(

Edited by Augie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no good reason to take him with his character and injury concerns. Of course many people whined because they had heard his name on TV.

What is your point here? Is this your way of telling us that you know a lot more than other posters here? Or, do you think it was a stroke of genius to grab a corner in round 1?

There was no good reason to take him with his character and injury concerns. Of course many people whined because they had heard his name on TV.

The kid had no serious character concerns.......we should have picked him at 27 cleaned his shoulder up and have a beast at linebacker for the next 4 years . I rather have him then pick a DB in a DB rich draft. This is when you need a GM who can look at long term as oppose to a first year coach trying to get team ready this year......good thing I gave up my club seats Sec 231 row1 seats 5-10. I can watch this tire fire free on TV. My 12K can go towards something else

Edited by liverpoolkev

The kid had no serious character concerns.......we should have picked him at 27 cleaned his shoulder up and have a beast at linebacker for the next 4 years . I rather have him then pick a DB in a DB rich draft. This is when you need a GM who can look at long term as oppose to a first year coach trying to get team ready this year......good thing I gave up my club seats Sec 231 row1 seats 5-10. I can watch this tire fire free on TV. My 12K can go towards something else

First, what this shows is that NFL front offices have a lot more information on players than we do. Second, I'd like someone to explain to me why some feel the compulsion to announce they are not going to renew, or they say they are done with the team, etc, etc. Do what you want, no reason to announce it to the world.

So are the media eviscerating Lynch/49ers now on how dysfunctional to draft a player with a shoulder injury in 1st round?

They weren't going anywhere near him after last season's top two picks missed significant time. Not to mention any character concerns with McDermott allegedly pulling prospects from the draft board.

a bit off topic ,but in this thread a video popped up about malachi dupri, wr lsu drafted in the 7th round. i wish the bills would have gotten him. i think he is gonna be an odb jr. type. damn , i can't believe he lasted so long. i like the milano pick, but with the last pick we should have gone with this guy. this guy i think is gonna be great. he would have given us a great wr corp.

"A bit" off topic? Try "completely new topic" on for size...

I feel like Bama players are damaged goods. Seems like they are beaten up and injury prone before playing in the NFL.

No serious character concerns?

I loved Reuben Foster as a prospect, and thought he was an excellent fit in our defense. But the guy was a walking red flag.

The pre-draft process is a football player's equivalent of a job interview. Foster was not only kicked out of the combine for an "altercation" with a hospital employee, but he also failed a drug test. Even if his "drank too much water" excuse is legit, it still shows ridiculously poor judgement with millions of dollars on the line.

What is your point here? Is this your way of telling us that you know a lot more than other posters here? Or, do you think it was a stroke of genius to grab a corner in round 1?

My point is that a lot of Bills fans whined because they knew the guy's name, without considering his serious injury concerns (which were known before he was picked) and the fact that he failed a drug test. While the same fans last year complained about Shaq Lawson not being able to play. And yes in my experience it's the same fans complaining about both. Literally no one even knows if Foster will be good in the league but that didn't stop many people here from saying we screwed up by not taking him.

We can speculate all we want as to why Reuben fell as far as he did, but there likely is a very good reason (beyond the shoulder) that 30 teams passed on one of the top prospects in the draft.

Yeah, I'm very glad we stayed away from this guy. SF gets a pass for gambling on Foster because of how brilliantly they raped the Bears early in the draft...

Yeah, I'm very glad we stayed away from this guy. SF gets a pass for gambling on Foster because of how brilliantly they raped the Bears early in the draft...

and they are in a rebuild... both HC and GM have 6 year deals and no QB, they are not expected to do anything this year but battle for the #1 pick

Didn't the 49ers say they would have taken him with their pick if they didn't trade down with the Bears?

No, i think they said he was no. 2 on their board after Thomas. Not sure I believe it though.

Didn't the 49ers say they would have taken him with their pick if they didn't trade down with the Bears?

John Lynch said on Mike & Mike this morning they had Garrett, Thomas and Foster as their top 3 players on the board. He said they would have taken him high if they were up there. He also downplayed the shoulder thing, but what do you expect?