Beane interview Thursday

Well, that would be better than your QB strategy of waiting for perfection.

I am on record as loving the Peterman pick, you know that QB the Bills drafted? Seems like you're the one that only accepts a perfect QB considering you're not satisfied unless we take one in the 1st round.

Comparing Peterman to Levi Brown. Lol. Just lol.

Where is your avatar? Maybe get one before you talk.

This is... something.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on record as loving the Peterman pick, you know that QB the Bills drafted? Seems like you're the one that only accepts a perfect QB considering you're not satisfied unless we take one in the 1st round.

Comparing Peterman to Levi Brown. Lol. Just lol.

Yes, I am aware of your strategy. I would never want my NFL team to avoid drafting a QB with a 1st or 2nd round pick and only go dumpster diving. Which is actually what the Bills have been doing for 2 decades now.

Yes, I am aware of your strategy. I would never want my NFL team to avoid drafting a QB with a 1st or 2nd round pick and only go dumpster diving. Which is actually what the Bills have been doing for 2 decades now.

I'm as adamant as anyone about the drafting of a QB in round 1 if you believe he can be the guy.

However, if you don't, then there's no point in simply taking a guy in round 1 for the sake of adding to the position.

Now, I don't agree that none of the QBs in that most recent draft could be franchise guys, but if that's the team's feeling, then I absolutely agree that there's no point in taking a guy early, and that it makes more sense to do what they did and try to grab a potential backup late.

I'm as adamant as anyone about the drafting of a QB in round 1 if you believe he can be the guy.

However, if you don't, then there's no point in simply taking a guy in round 1 for the sake of adding to the position.

Now, I don't agree that none of the QBs in that most recent draft could be franchise guys, but if that's the team's feeling, then I absolutely agree that there's no point in taking a guy early, and that it makes more sense to do what they did and try to grab a potential backup late.

Of course. The problem is we ran the last draft with McDermott as GM using a board from scouts he wanted to fire. Hard to trust that is the best process.

We're set up for next year with two 1st rounders. I promise Mahomes is not the only QB worth taking in 2 straight drafts. That's literally all your complaining is about and everyone knows it. It's embarrassing that he's still your avatar... Just move on.

Tell you what if Mahomes plays a game this year with 15+ pass attempts and gets a passer rating of 80 or above I'll make him my avatar for the rest of the season.

We're set up for next year with two 1st rounders. I promise Mahomes is not the only QB worth taking in 2 straight drafts. That's literally all your complaining is about and everyone knows it. It's embarrassing that he's still your avatar... Just move on.

Tell you what if Mahomes plays a game this year with 15+ pass attempts and gets a passer rating of 80 or above I'll make him my avatar for the rest of the season.

No, I am not bringing it up. You are.

Of course. The problem is we ran the last draft with McDermott as GM using a board from scouts he wanted to fire. Hard to trust that is the best process.

No we didn't. We drafted players that visited Carolina, not us. We drafted them from schools that we haven't been drafting from lately (no FSU or Clemson). And Beane is the top choice for GM right now. Connect the dots. Don't believe everything that comes out of OBD.

So you think that McDermott sat back and did zero evaluation of QBs during the process? Or is it that you believe that McDermott wanted one of the QBs but wasn't allowed to pull the trigger?

I guess my real question is why you believe that not taking a QB and the previous scouting staff assembling the draft board are related?

So you think that McDermott sat back and did zero evaluation of QBs during the process? Or is it that you believe that McDermott wanted one of the QBs but wasn't allowed to pull the trigger?

I guess my real question is why you believe that not taking a QB and the previous scouting staff assembling the draft board are related?

Well, I don't think McDermott is a QB scout. My belief at this time is he decided he was going to fill needs at the draft and try to win with Tyrod this year. Which makes complete sense if you are a coach that sold the owner on making the playoffs this year.

Jeff and Co - You have now firmly hijacked this thread, as QB evaluations have nothing to do with Beane's interview. Please take this discussion to the shoutbox or another thread, I came here looking for updates and got 3 pages or unrelated arguments.

Jeff and Co - You have now firmly hijacked this thread, as QB evaluations have nothing to do with Beane's interview. Please take this discussion to the shoutbox or another thread, I came here looking for updates and got 3 pages or unrelated arguments.

Good point. Let's keep this thread on the Beane candidacy.

Agree, and thank you.

seriously! Lol

Update on Beane-

2nd intvw for him, he's the front runner

Still bringing in candidates though, guy from GB is the latest

Edited by YoloinOhio

Multiple GM threads ,,

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e39af689-a87c-36c3-b0c7-ab9cc727ecd3/ss_bills-invite-panthers.html

The early favorite for the Buffalo Bills general manager job appears to be one step closer to landing the gig. Carolina Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane will have a second interview this week in Buffalo, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports on Monday

seriously! Lol

Update on Beane-

2nd intvw for him, he's the front runner

Still bringing in candidates though, guy from GB is the latest

But what does that have to do with.......oh

Never mind.

I'd like to get this over, but I'd like it even more if they get the next rising super star GM.