Beane interview Thursday

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

giphy.gif

I don't know a lot about Beane's accomplishments with Carolina. Other than I heard of him. Imo opinion cronyism in a situation with a coach who has zero experience in his new position. Compounded with Ownership that so far has experienced fail in both of their teams. This hire could lead to disaster or wildly above expectations success. After 17 years of fail. And actually for most of the teams existence. This new OBD situation imo is a critical time in the teams history. It has too work.

Failing will set the team back at least 5 more years. Success will possibly put the team in a position not seen since Polian inadvertently fell into Ralph's lap. All of this is based on the Pegulas, who without anyone in the organization with the football experienced too at least offer experinced non partisan advice. Polian,or any of the medias opinions don't count. I remember when Whaley was hired and the buzz was "he is well respected throughout, the league" Just like Beane. It May be true how did his results as a GM turn out. A perennial below average team as either asst. GM or GM. Not good enough for a rabid fanbase who support this team win or lose. an more importantly a team who"is irrelevant in the league.

Good luck too OBD. Please do nor rely on Brandon's opinion. Keep him the f^^k out of the room.

Get it done if he's the guy and let's get moving forward with the organization.

Yep

I hope when this guy gets to the podium and someone stupidly asks why do you think you are qualified for the job he replies "Well I suggested we draft cam newton, next question"

*drops mic* lol

Russ is running around saying "Don't let him leave the building!"

I hope the Pegulas pick the right person for the job and not just someone that McD wants. That's giving a lot of power to a first time HC

I hope the Pegulas pick the right person for the job and not just someone that McD wants. That's giving a lot of power to a first time HC

When you pick the coach before the GM, then this is what you get. They would be fools to deny McD his GM of choice.

haha. Apparently the interview is in Florida.

Not trying to start a whole debate but the Rooney Rule is so dumb. If I was a black GM interviewing for a job that I knew already belonged to someone else I would feel disrespected, just a formality. Seems more racist than what the rule is trying to stop but what do I know. Has any team really changed their mind on who they wanted to hire just from an interview?

HC and GM need to be stepping in the right direction

Maybe it SHOULD be someone McD wants

Then there's the glare off of the snow.....

also maybe during training camp, right?

or has this global warming stuff thawed the tundra for a couple months these days?

Edited by NoSaint

The right person is who McDermott wants. Someone has to be the grown-up. I'm sick of the debates over who has the final say on personnel. It's McDermott's show. Sink or swim.