Trump and Andrew Jackson

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/politics/trump-andrew-jackson-fact-check.html?_r=0

Trump takes a swing at counterfactual history. Why not? His election has reminded me of Jacksons and seeing the portrait of Jackson back in the White House was sad but predictable. Now he's claiming Jackson could/would have stopped civil war. Sure, ya, whatever

I agree the south obviously overplayed their hand like he said. I'm sure the south wouldn't have seceded with a slave holder has President.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[For those of you with gatorman on ignore, ridiculous verbiage removed courtesy of DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10. You're welcome.]

[This is an automated response.]

I'm not stupid.

Yes, yes you are.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

[For those of you with gatorman on ignore, ridiculous verbiage removed courtesy of DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10. You're welcome.]

[This is an automated response.]

This ridiculous verbiage is brought to you by...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

You’d think Hillary’s daughter would know Andrew Jackson founded HER party.

1 word answer: Slavery. Longer: When Andrew Jackson died in 1845 (16 yrs before the Civil War began), he owned 150 men, women and children. https://twitter.com/isaacdovere/status/859020505034231809

Interesting how she leaves that little nugget out.

Rants and rants about what a horrible man Jackson was without mentioning that he FOUNDED the Democratic Party.

Can’t help but notice she didn’t mention this either.

@ChelseaClinton Chelsea tell us all about how Democrats still holds annual fundraisers in honor of the slave-owner Andrew Jackson https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/inside-jefferson-jackson-dinner-presidential-campaign-milestone-photos/

Edited by B-Man

That's pretty stupid to try and say the Dems of 1840 are like the Dems of 2017. There is no real relation except the name. But hey, if it starts a right wing circle jerk, who cares, right?

Are you disowning the architect of your party?

How about democrats from the 1940's?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd#Ku_Klux_Klan

How about the democrats from a few years ago?

http://observer.com/2010/06/hillary-clinton-remembers-friend-and-mentor-robert-byrd/

Clinton had become friends with Byrd during her time in the Senate, and had even lunched with Byrd and Clinton’s mother, who came to admire him while monitoring C-SPAN for her daughter’s floor appearances.Continue Reading this Article

This morning, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton put out her own statement eulogizing Byrd as a “friend and mentor” as “a man of unsurpassing eloquence and nobility.”

“It is almost impossible to imagine the United States Senate without Robert Byrd. He was not just its longest serving member, he was its heart and soul. From my first day in the Senate, I sought out his guidance, and he was always generous with his time and his wisdom,” Clinton wrote.

Trump parades his stupidity again.

The Trump apologist response: "Chelsea Clinton is a Democrat like Andrew Jackson."

How incredibly simplistic a response.

Chelsea Clinton chose to tweet into the fake, media "controversy" and I passed her stupidity along.

but hey.............your version works for you......... :lol:

I think it's fair to say that Trump is a world class nincompoop. He is in a league of his own, the sheer ignorance and blather that comes out of his mouth is jaw dropping, unless of course you've become immune to his bull ****. I just shrug

I think it's fair to say that Trump is a world class nincompoop. He is in a league of his own, the sheer ignorance and blather that comes out of his mouth is jaw dropping, unless of course you've become immune to his bull ****. I just shrug

Such short memories.

Such short memories.

That was somehow Bush's fault or Comey's fault, or the Russian's fault (I forget who we're currently blaming for the left's stupidity, even when it's 9 year old stupidity.) Clearly, as you posted this, you hate puppies and rainbows, and since you hate puppies and rainbows, your evidence of Obama being stupid is invalid.

Such short memories.

You guys are something else. It's as if we are just picking on poor Trump.

It must get tiring having to defend the biggest know-nothing that the US presidency has ever seen.

Is this the best you guys can do? That every time Trump says something stupid, which is multiple times a day, deflect on instances when someone else did something stupid?

You guys have sold out, to a complete imbecile. Just admit it, he's an idiot. But an idiot you'd rather have as president rather than Hillary or some other Democrat. At least the credibility of many posters on this board who did indeed vote for him would be higher than having to defend his constant idiocies.

Edited by Magox

You guys are something else. It's as if we are just picking on poor Trump.

It must get tiring having to defend the biggest know-nothing that the US presidency has ever seen.

Is this the best you guys can do? That every time Trump says something stupid, which is multiple times a day, deflect on instances when someone else did something stupid?

You guys have sold out, to a complete imbecile. Just admit it, he's an idiot. But an idiot you'd rather have as president rather than Hillary or some other Democrat. At least the credibility of many posters on this board who did indeed vote for him would be higher than having to defend his constant idiocies.

Set aside all the P.T. Barnum hyperbole. If Trump gets a better healthcare plan, controls the borders and gets the economy moving forward with his tax cuts he will be 100 times more successful than Obama. If he restores respect internationally and also restores fear of us in our enemies he will have hit multiple grand slams. You guys who are generally reasonable and somewhat conservative are getting your panties all in a wad over "feelings" like a Maxine Walters or an Al Franken. Look at what he does, not what he says.