QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with this, and I haven't looked up anyone else you listed, but I do think it's important to remember that Tyrod contributes ~40 yards per game on the ground. In his 2 years here he is averaging 248.6 yards and 1.62 TDs per game, which is pretty close to your initial numbers. I guess my question is are you expecting those passing number in addition to his current running numbers? Or do you just want to see his rushing stats essentially converted to passing stats?

Good follow up question

I'd like to see TT not abort the pass more and as a result have more passing yards.

True or not as the reports said, the Bills sticking to the run was a reason teams were better equipped to defend against.

maybe they told the defense to take it down a notch?

God bless you for having the nads to post what I wanted to post.

Man our defense was ****.. Wish we had Carr..

Wish we had Carr should have summed it up because the Raiders D wasn't any better than the Bills overall.

IMO it was abandoning the pass in the 2nd half that did the Bills in.

here we go again

WRT more int's.

If TT is as accurate as people claim, then he shouldn't be throwing more of them.

And from Joe B, today:

1) Tyrod Taylor has his sharpest day yet

- Through six workouts that the media has been able to view during the spring offseason sessions, the best day weve seen from starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor was saved for the last day of school, so to speak. Taylor started off slowly with an interception, but after that, he was as sharp as could be. He was hitting his receivers in stride, sensing the pressure of the defense to find the bust in coverage, and firing the ball into his targets. This was a good sign for Taylor, especially considering that the other five workouts weve seen has featured him really playing at an average to below average level and that can be attributed to a number of different things, too. Hes working in a brand new offense, hes working with receivers he hadnt met before a couple of months ago, and a host of other issues, too. Now, he can pocket a great performance on the final day of minicamp and will look to continue that into the start of training camp. For the Bills to be at all competitive this year, theyll need Taylor healthy and to be playing at a similar level to last year at least.

Maybe things have changed, he's just gotta readjust to a new offense, again. :flirt:

Actually this will be the first time in Buffalo he is being asked to adjust to a new offense. Lynn did not run his own offense he ran Roman's thought he did make some changes to the rhythm of the play calling.

I hope yesterday is a sign of things to come for Taylor. To do what I think we need him to do this season he is almost certainly going to have to throw a few more picks... but he simply has to stop waiting for things to be college open before he lets go of the football. Camp is going to be really important for him.

thank you Einstein!

... "This was a good sign for Taylor, especially considering that the other five workouts weve seen has featured him really playing at an average to below average level" ...

Just teying to help the uneducated who still believe that wins are a qb stat.

Just teying to help the uneducated who still believe that wins are a qb stat.

Well, the Bills are 15-14 when Taylor has played. That is not terrible. For the rare few who actually went TT to fail. don't bother with the season. That's my advice. Rooting for the guy to be bad is unproductive and a waste of time. I think those rare ones should look at who they have backed in the past, and also go down to the corner store and get the Bills a franchise QB, elite QB. It's so easy. TT is good enough till the Bills find better. That is all.

Many sites list wins with the QB. I don't mind either way. But 14-14/ 15-14 when he plays, is far from terrible. Bledsoe, Orton, Taylor-only QBs so far worth discussing since 2001.

Love that Mohammed Sanu gets a stat haha. The NFL really have to apply some common sense to the "who starts at QB" thing beyond just "who is standing there for the first offensive snap?"

Like the Colts game. Cassel gets the first snap. Taylor plays the whole game and Cassel gets the W.

Many sites list wins with the QB. I don't mind either way. But 14-14/ 15-14 when he plays, is far from terrible. Bledsoe, Orton, Taylor-only QBs so far worth discussing since 2001.

Like the Colts game. Cassel gets the first snap. Taylor plays the whole game and Cassel gets the W.

Think that is a bit harsh on Fitzy. I think give Fitzy the defense Orton had and he would have got us to 9-7 at least once.

Think that is a bit harsh on Fitzy. I think give Fitzy the defense Orton had and he would have got us to 9-7 at least once.

yeah, maybe. I guess he would be in between the bad and the three I listed. The guy gave his all, that's for sure.

Edited by JM2009

thank you Einstein!

... "This was a good sign for Taylor, especially considering that the other five workouts weve seen has featured him really playing at an average to below average level" ...

What happened to you Foxx, you used to root for the team. People are getting a liiiiiiittle too invested in this. A good practice should be a positive thing for all Bills fans, not an excuse to make a dig at a player.

Well, the Bills are 15-14 when Taylor has played. That is not terrible. For the rare few who actually went TT to fail. don't bother with the season. That's my advice. Rooting for the guy to be bad is unproductive and a waste of time. I think those rare ones should look at who they have backed in the past, and also go down to the corner store and get the Bills a franchise QB, elite QB. It's so easy. TT is good enough till the Bills find better. That is all.

TT is good enough

Now where did we hear this before? Oh Fitzy diehards when will you ever learn.

Maybe just maybe a mircle season could happen, I'll be rooting for him to become the savior for the year but expecting the same old Tyrod just like the Fitz era, a flop of a QB that just extends the drought till we find better or grab the next backup QB from another team. History tends to repeat itself when you use the exact same tools to try to win.

TT is good enough

Now where did we hear this before? Oh Fitzy diehards when will you ever learn.

Maybe just maybe a mircle season could happen, I'll be rooting for him to become the savior for the year but expecting the same old Tyrod just like the Fitz era, a flop of a QB that just extends the drought till we find better or grab the next backup QB from another team. History tends to repeat itself when you use the exact same tools to try to win.

And for the 100 millionth time, TT is better than Fitz. How many times does this nonsense have to go back and forth. Again TT is a better QB than the Fitz. The defense was the main problem last season, not the offense. the last two seasons with TT as QB,, the Bills offense is one of the higher scoring offenses in the NFL.

And for the 100 millionth time, TT is better than Fitz. How many times does this nonsense have to go back and forth. Again TT is a better QB than the Fitz. The defense was the main problem last season, not the offense. the last two seasons with TT as QB,, the Bills offense is one of the higher scoring offenses in the NFL.

Whilst I agree TT > Fitz... the defense was also the biggest reason Fitz's ceiling here was 6-10. We fielded some atrocious defenses in those years.

Whilst I agree TT > Fitz... the defense was also the biggest reason Fitz's ceiling here was 6-10. We fielded some atrocious defenses in those years.

Indeed, our success has clearly been on a pendulum. We haven't really fielded a competent Defense and Offense at the same time since like 2004.