QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

That is 250 ypg and 1.875 TD passes per game.

That's what I'd love to see. 50 more yards per game and at minimum 2 TD passes is all I ask

250 - 265 club #'s 12 - 19

Russell Wilson, 264

Derek Carr, 262

Sam Bradford, 258

Jameis Winston, 256

Eli Manning, 252

Blake Bortles, 244

Trevor Siemian, 243

# 27

Tyrod Taylor, 202

i agree - that's what you'd like to see from your QB.

I'm anxious to see the offense this year. I want to know if 200 yards a game is all Taylor got because (a) that was the style of offense Rex wanted to play or (b) the offense was limited because the coaches didn't believe Taylor could maintain his efficiency if he was asked to get those extra 50 passing yards per game. I want to see the passing game opened up so we can see what Taylor's upside as a passer actually is.

Personally, I think Taylor can do it. I wasn't a fan when he was signed, because I thought he was a running quarterback. He's clearly more than that. He has a good arm, he can make all the throws. The question, as we all know, is whether he make those throws in a complicated offense that asks him to throw 35 or 40 times a game. I want to see him try, so we can learn the answer to that question.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy is correct about this situation, but he is not all innocent of arguments himself. He has carried his battles with Thurman on here.he should stay away from Thurman, and we should stay away from Crusher. It's that simple.

he doesn't bother me near as much here. there he was able to carry out his agenda, name calling and the threat of coming back if taylor failed to throw it back in the faces of those that supported him or even those as myself who just did not agree or like his agenda.

here though, he's toned it down some. I think when he first signed on he was the same old souless crusher but must of got a warning so he toned it down. they don't play here and are quick to give those deserving, a time out.

he used to piss me off and I even crossed the line with lowering myself in retaliation. now I do my best to avoid and/or ignore him, no matter what he posts.

best to avoid posters of that type.

ryans cool though

That's what I'd love to see. 50 more yards per game and at minimum 2 TD passes is all I ask

Russell Wilson, 264

Derek Carr, 262

Sam Bradford, 258

Jameis Winston, 256

Eli Manning, 252

Blake Bortles, 244

Trevor Siemian, 243

# 27

Tyrod Taylor, 202

I don't disagree with this, and I haven't looked up anyone else you listed, but I do think it's important to remember that Tyrod contributes ~40 yards per game on the ground. In his 2 years here he is averaging 248.6 yards and 1.62 TDs per game, which is pretty close to your initial numbers. I guess my question is are you expecting those passing number in addition to his current running numbers? Or do you just want to see his rushing stats essentially converted to passing stats?

I don't disagree with this, and I haven't looked up anyone else you listed, but I do think it's important to remember that Tyrod contributes ~40 yards per game on the ground. In his 2 years here he is averaging 248.6 yards and 1.62 TDs per game, which is pretty close to your initial numbers. I guess my question is are you expecting those passing number in addition to his current running numbers? Or do you just want to see his rushing stats essentially converted to passing stats?

Excellent question. Here's another one: Would you still want those those additional 40 or so yards/game passing if it also meant that Tyrod would throw as many additional interceptions as those quarterbacks throw?

Excellent question. Here's another one: Would you still want those those additional 40 or so yards/game passing if it also meant that Tyrod would throw as many additional interceptions as those quarterbacks throw?

I looked some up for 2016

Russell Wilson 279.9 YPG (1), 1.375 TD/G (6)

Derek Carr 267.1 YPG (2), 1.867 TD/G (1)

Sam Bradford 262 YPG (5), 1.333 TD/G (7)

Jameis Winston 265.9 YPG (4), 1.813 TD/G (2)

Eli Manning 251.1 YPG (6), 1.625 TD/G (T3)

Blake Bortles 266.5 YPG (3), 1.625 TD/G (T3)

Trevor Siemian 247 YPG (7), 1.286 TD/G (8)

Tyrod Taylor 240.2 YPG (8), 1.533 TD/G (5)

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Russell Wilson, 264

Derek Carr, 262

Sam Bradford, 258

Jameis Winston, 256

Eli Manning, 252

Blake Bortles, 244

Trevor Siemian, 243

# 27

Tyrod Taylor, 202

As I've already said, if Taylor's production resembles 2016 or is worse, he's likely gone relatively quickly.

But I'd say 2015 is the benchmark for him to meet or exceed, and that 4,000 yards and 30 TDs would be 33 passing yards more per game and less than half a TD more per game than those 14 games. I'd say in the passing game that's the most I would reasonably hope for from him in the passing game.

But what he adds on the ground on top of that would be extra saucy gravy to also consider... 0:)

Some people really don't care about what he contributes on the ground. It's a non-factor the way they talk about it.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I just want to see Tyrod pull out close games at the end of games....I still think he is capable of that and I think that if he DOES do that...he will silence some (not all) of his critics.

If he consistently comes up clutch at the end of games and the team wins, most everyone will (and should) be fine with him.

I don't think he's that kind of qb, but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

I would not want this.

I actually think it's weirdly interesting the way some people are almost begging for more interceptions...

I looked some up for 2016

Russell Wilson 279.9 YPG (1), 1.375 TD/G (6)

Derek Carr 267.1 YPG (2), 1.867 TD/G (1)

Sam Bradford 262 YPG (5), 1.333 TD/G (7)

Jameis Winston 265.9 YPG (4), 1.813 TD/G (2)

Eli Manning 251.1 YPG (6), 1.625 TD/G (T3)

Blake Bortles 266.5 YPG (3), 1.625 TD/G (T3)

Trevor Siemian 247 YPG (7), 1.286 TD/G (8)

Tyrod Taylor 240.2 YPG (8), 1.533 TD/G (5)

And for 2015...

Tyrod Taylor: 257.4 YPG, 1.714 TD/G

Again, get back up to 2015 production or (ideally) improve upon it.

I would not want this.

I actually think it's weirdly interesting the way some people are almost begging for more interceptions...

People don't necessarily want to see more interceptions. We are just willing to accept them if it means more yards, TDs and overall productivity that lead to more wins.

Up until this point, Tyrod has been a low risk low reward QB and while the ability to protect the ball is vital, so is the ability to throw TDs. I want to see him be more aggressive. The interceptions I can live with if his aggression also lead to more TDs and ultimately more wins.

Edited by Bangarang

People don't necessarily want to see more interceptions. We are just willing to accept them if it means more yards, TDs and overall productivity that lead to more wins.

Up until this point, Tyrod has been a low risk low reward QB and while the ability to protect the ball is vital, so is the ability to throw TDs. I want to see him be more aggressive. The interceptions I can live with if his aggression also lead to more TDs and ultimately more wins.

Didn't you just recently say you don't like playing the "if" game? :doh:

I'd say more interceptions being part of an equation that leads to more wins is an awfully big "if."

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Define "consistently"...

....how about "in the game until the bitter end" with a passing game that is a threat versus afterthought?......I hope Dennison can design an offense that plays to TT's strengths, mitigates his inability to yet process the entire field in <5 seconds so Bflo is successful offensively AND the kid realizes his dream to be a starting NFL QB....gimme a steady starter versus this "ill defined ""franchise" moniker any day of the week.......

I dont think it is gonna happen every game because it isnt all on the qb to do this

It would be nice if there were more of them then their currently is.

It absolutely won't happen every game.

My issue is that these individual criteria are just arbitrary.

I've already pointed out how Rodgers is 2-39 in his entire career in 4th quarter comebacks vs. winning teams in the NFL. Yet, by that criteria you've set forth, Rodgers isn't good enough.

I know that's not what you actually think. Of course we all know Rodgers is the better QB. But QB is such an intricate and complex position that when you get one thing fixed it seems another issue pops up.

Except I'm not playing the what if game.

Sure sounds like "what if he has more interceptions, but he also..."

But okay... :thumbsup:

Sure, I can agree, if more interceptions come in the process of significantly more production from him and more wins, I think we'd all embrace it. But there are people who talk about him needing to throw more interceptions because it would somehow indicate his mindset has changed and he's a better QB.

I just want to see Tyrod pull out close games at the end of games....I still think he is capable of that and I think that if he DOES do that...he will silence some (not all) of his critics.

i'll settle for him just beating good teams. i don't care how he does it, just do it. he hasn't been able to the last two years.

QBs dont beat teams fox....teams beat teams

That is a heavy load to lay at the feet of one player

okay, let me phrase it another way....

i would simply settle for having a Tyrod led team beat the good teams. i don't care how he leads them there, just do it. a Tyrod led team has not been able to do so the last two years.

better?

semantics.....

i could say the same to you though.... you want to see Tyrod pull out games at the end. it's a team game, remember??

goose/gander and all that.....

Edited by Foxx

Sure sounds like "what if he has more interceptions, but he also..."

But okay... :thumbsup:

It's me saying I'd gladly welcome more interceptions in exchange for more TDs and wins. Kind of petty for you to focus on a 2 letter word like this.

Sure, I can agree, if more interceptions come in the process of significantly more production from him and more wins, I think we'd all embrace it. But there are people who talk about him needing to throw more interceptions because it would somehow indicate his mindset has changed and he's a better QB.

I can't speak for others and I haven't really paid much attention in this thread to know much of these allegations