QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

Your respect is returned. Still, the overall point is Taylor produced at a pretty respectable level with a decent set of receivers. That doesn't take all the onus off TT. Even if he did have practice squad wide-outs much of last year - people he didn't work with thru training camp - Taylor is still open to the criticism he grew too tentative throwing to them. No stat ever tells 100% of the story. But his overall numbers with NFL-grade receivers makes the laundry list of things he's "incapable of" highly suspect. They make rhetoric like "running back who can throw" look 99.99% absurd. Most NFL quarterbacks wouldn't produce those results regardless of situation. That's why quality starters are so hard to find.

I agree grb, thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe that Taylor is a true QB, then I have to wonder why you would ever attempt to insult anyone else's intelligence.

no, maybe I should be an ignorant ass and call the bills starting QB a RB. yeah, then I can fit right in with the intelligent posters, such as yourself...

If you believe that Taylor is a true QB, then I have to wonder why you would ever attempt to insult anyone else's intelligence.

Well, he's ranked around number 20-22 out of the 32 starting NFL QBs. So yes, he is a real NFL QB. Still at it with the nasty postings then playing victim. How can anyone who pushed EJ as a good QB even be in these conversions.

no, maybe I should be an ignorant ass and call the bills starting QB a RB. yeah, then I can fit right in with the intelligent posters, such as yourself...

I'm negative on some aspects of this roster, but the new hires and the starting QB I really like. I think TT can get a team to the playoffs if he has enough good surrounding talent. Nothing wrong with that.

This is what happens behind a dominant ground game and a simplified offense...it can make even a RB impersonating a QB seem competent.

You claimed Watkins success in 2015 was only because of his WR talent. Then you claimed in 2016 that the QB makes the WR when TT struggled at times with his makeshift WR corp.

"ESPN: Tyrod Taylor to make leap forward
NFL Insider, Dan Graziano, of ESPN recently predicted big things from the Bills starting quarterback. A group of NFL Insiders recently got together to predict which quarterbacks would take the biggest leap in the upcoming season. Here is what Graziano had to say about the guy under center in Buffalo.

Dan Graziano, NFL Insider: OK, laugh, but I'll say Tyrod Taylor. He has the eighth-best Total QBR in the league since the start of the 2015 season -- better than guys such as Russell Wilson, Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers and Andrew Luck. And that has been with Sammy Watkins and LeSean McCoy missing 16 combined games over the past two seasons. Taylor knows new Bills offensive coordinator Rick Dennison from their time together in Baltimore, which bodes well for his ability to take another step forward in 2017."

So:

(1) Taylor can't "throw receivers open"

(2) Can't see over the line

(3) Can't see open receivers

(4) Can't throw from the pocket

(5) Can't do the basic things apparently all other QBs do

Heck, let's throw in some more :

(6) Can't throw with accuracy

(7) Can't recognize coverages

(8) Can't throw over the middle

(9) Can't process decisions at game speed

Yet for all those crippling faults, here are the numbers (over the whole of his Bill's career) when he plays with a legitimate Number 1 & 2 receiver :

Tyrod's stats in the 15 games where both Watkins and Woods plays : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

We'll anticipate the inevitable objection : "Tom Brady doesn't need receivers".

I wonder if that was true when Brady was a second year starter?

why is it when anyone talks about Tyrod, if they want to talk him up, they have to include caveats?

he is who he is, he has done what he has done. all this woulda/coulda/shoulda scenarios are fine and dandy but... what have you done for me lately is all that really matters in the scope of it all.

why is it when anyone talks about Tyrod, if they want to talk him up, they have to include caveats?

he is who he is, he has done what he has done. all this woulda/coulda/shoulda scenarios are fine and dandy but... what have you done for me lately is all that really matters in the scope of it all.

You are right top 10 qbr no caveats needed:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Do you believe Tyrod is better than Big Ben, Wilson, Rivers, Mariota, Carr and Winston?

Just asking for a friend.

Did you see the posts begore I posted that?

The reqson I posted that is to show that everything football related to a qb needs context, just short of the goat at the position. It was in response to the post before that.

lol, seriously?

tell ya what, click on "Pass" and see where he ranks.

good grief...

At 22, which is essentially in line with his Passer Rating.

Total Qbr tries to measure more than just completion %, YPA and TD/INT ratio though.

Do you believe Tyrod is better than Big Ben, Wilson, Rivers, Mariota, Carr and Winston?

Just asking for a friend.

I think it's too early to say for Mariota and Winston. They're about the same length into their careers as NFL starters as Taylor and we just need more time to determine what they really are, similar to Taylor.

Though I'll say that I really like Mariota a LOT and strongly advocated trading up to get him in the draft.

Those other, more established guys, no, Taylor's not better, but that doesn't mean he won't be.

it's incumbent on Dennison to design an offense that works around TT's weakness to process the entire field in<5 seconds as I'm doubtful that it is re-trainable to speed up the brain...hence we may see a WCO variation of quicker reads/shorter progressions unless he makes a huge leap....Shady needs to be cast more into a Thurman Thomas type mode with 2,000+ varied type yards from scrimmage along with a Kenneth Davis like reliever......it could help prolong his career and make this offense a more feared option...Kevin Faulk killed us out of the backfield, so why not??..........

I think it's too early to say for Mariota and Winston. They're about the same length into their careers as NFL starters as Taylor and we just need more time to determine what they really are, similar to Taylor.

Though I'll say that I really like Mariota a LOT and strongly advocated trading up to get him in the draft.

Those other, more established guys, no, Taylor's not better, but that doesn't mean he won't be.

That's fine. I don't think it's close at all and both Mariota and Winston are not only better but will be significantly better years down the road. Tyrod is not some 2nd year player. He's entering his 7th season in the NFL and as much as you and others would like to believe he has all of his untapped potential since he's only started for 2 years, I don't agree at all. I think this is exactly who he is and 2, 3 and 5 years from now this is still who he'll be. Edited by Bangarang

That's fine. I don't think it's close at all and both Mariota and Winston are not only better but will be significantly better years down the road. Tyrod is not some 2nd year player. He's entering his 7th season in the NFL and as much as you and others would like to believe he has all of his untapped potential since he's only started for 2 years, I don't agree at all. I think this is exactly who he is and 2, 3 and 5 years from now this is still who he'll be.

...hard to deny they have shown a greater propensity to adapt to the speed and complexity of the NFL game in much shorter order....they have shown they have field processing.reads/progressions abilities already at this level....TT has not yet IMO..............

You guys......group hug.....group hug

Nothin but love here from me... Bang and I are old friends :thumbsup:

That's fine. I don't think it's close at all and both Mariota and Winston are not only better but will be significantly better years down the road. Tyrod is not some 2nd year player. He's entering his 7th season in the NFL and as much as you and others would like to believe he has all of his untapped potential since he's only started for 2 years, I don't agree at all. I think this is exactly who he is and 2, 3 and 5 years from now this is still who he'll be.

Fair enough. I've explained plenty of times why I disagree so I won't beat that horse again today :flirt:

Fair enough. I've explained plenty of times why I disagree so I won't beat that horse again today :flirt:

You and I both understand where we each stand on the subject. We won't change that stance until we see how this season turns out. Everyone is in wait and see mode right now. There's really not much more to debate on this subject

We all know why you disagree.

You are delusional about Taylor and what he is as a player...simple as that.