Bills GM Candidates

wppete

He later said that he knew he wasn't even a consideration for the job so that's why he took his name out. After that he was in the running for the Colts job but they chose Ballard.

...interesting.....wonder what the timing was of new Pack contract?......maybe he brings the old man with him as Pegula's long awaited czar................

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty big group of people to fire and then rebuild from scratch.

PLAYER PERSONNEL Jim Monos Director of Player Personnel Kelvin Fisher Player Personnel Advisor Rob Hanrahan Director of Pro Personnel Gerald Dixon Pro Scout Kevin Murphy Pro Scout Doug Majeski National Scout Chuck Cook National Scout Marcus Cooper College Area Scout Brian Fisher College Area Scout Matt Hand College Area Scout Shawn Heinlen College Area Scout Tom Roth College Area Scout Pete Harris College Area Scout Bo Taliaferro BLESTO Scout Jason Barbarino Player Personnel Assistant Collin Dotterer Player Personnel Assistant Ryan Hollern College Scouting Coordinator Ron Hughes Special Assistant Buddy Nix Special Assistant

Wait, so Buddy still has an honorary title with the team? I'm pretty sure we'll recover from that loss.

I do. But obviously McDermott and Pegulas dont care

And if they kept some, many would question why they didn't do a complete purge. Or surmise that they kept the bad ones. Lol... the only problem I have with this move is the order of operations. Should have done a clean sweep with Rex and Whaley, et al. Then hired a GM and had him in on hiring the coach. That said, it does not mean that this can't work. They need to find someone that is a great fit with McDermott and shares the vision for the team. Clashes between Whaley/ Marrone and Whaley/ Rex caused many problems. I think T Pegs all along really wants to have a group that can work together with a clear vision for an extended period of time. The constant churn of coaches / GMs has been a huge failure for the Bills.

That would be amazing. Have to help him with his drinking problem, get his life straight but he is a talent evaluation savant.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12014699/scot-mccloughan-nfl-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm

So the guy who was fired by the 49ers for his drinking problem? Then fired by the Seahawks for his drinking problem? Then fired by the Skins for his drinking problem?

The same guy who says he's not an alcoholic?

He's been helped before, but to no avail.

He's runs a consultant service now and that seems to be a better fit for his personality.

I do kinda miss the drawl of the good ol southern boys.

Hee Haw!! It's back to Buck Owens and Roy Clark.

Overdorf and Russ are not going anywhere

Not so sure about Overdorf. Pegula said new GM will have say, when he looks at some of those contracts- I don't know.

I hope not. Too soon after he was fired for a drinking problem. I wouldn't mind hiring him but in an advisory role only.

Was it really the case though? I mean or wasn't there some controversy as to whether that was actually the case.

So if the rumours are true Brandon Beane is a potential replacement for Whaley? Here is just one link I found:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/buffalo_bills_fire_gm_doug_whaley_brandon_beane_potential_replacement.html

If this is true The Bills are in the Hands of a First Time HC at the age of 43. And a First Time GM at the age of 39.

Hope the Pegulas know what they are doing. Their track record on hiring HCs and GMs is not great. Anyone seriously concerned here?

Nope.

In McDermott we trust. He is going bring in a guy who has the same philosophy as him of tough gritty players who will run through a wall for them.

Now we will have true unity around here instead of this hodgepodge of left over GM to leftover coach and so on.

One Buffalo, One Vision.

Not me I'm thrilled. Next up Russ and overdorf

Russ isn't leaving and as long as they stay out of the football side of things and stick to the business, they can stay

Job Wanted: General Manager Buffalo Bills.

Job description: Come in and have no power over players, we have a guy for that. Be responsible for blame for salary cap and bad contracts but no credit for good ones. You won't get to talk to the press, we have a guy for that. Work 25-8 on scouting players but you don't get to choose them. We'll overpay though and don't mind paying you to leave. Come join our family!!!

Sign me up, will be a blast winning Super Bowls with McD.