[closed]Doug Whaley has been relieved of his duties

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we are going to have the buddy nix game again. If you liked Whaley, and the draft picks from this year suck...they were Mcdermots picks. If you didn't like Whaley and the draft picks suck, they where whaleys picks. And what do you know, there's a QB involved again lol. Oh well, I'm good with Whaley being gone. Use two firsts to take the 4th best WR in a draft class. Hang into the worst QB in football and continue to minipulate the roster to keep him active on game days. Don't win enough and have a piss poor relationship with coach after coach...see ya.

Nix retired Whaley was fired so no way these were his picks. He helped with the trades but this was the head coach's draft all the way.

Now we are going to have the buddy nix game again. If you liked Whaley, and the draft picks from this year suck...they were Mcdermots picks. If you didn't like Whaley and the draft picks suck, they where whaleys picks. And what do you know, there's a QB involved again lol. Oh well, I'm good with Whaley being gone. Use two firsts to take the 4th best WR in a draft class. Hang into the worst QB in football and continue to minipulate the roster to keep him active on game days. Don't win enough and have a piss poor relationship with coach after coach...see ya.

This is incorrect. McDermott has already claimed ownership of this draft, he isn't the type to avoid responsibility.

New culture, enjoy it.

Doubt Russ needs to worry, Jim O, yeah I'd be nervous if I were him. Do wonder if this happened quicker than planned due to all the leaks. TP just figured, lets get this done now and be done with it as opposed to constantly being questioned about it.

If true that he knew he was being fired after the draft, is that really then being fired, or just more an agreement to part ways.

It's safe to assume Rogue Dogue wants another job in the NFL, so he has to remain professional up to the end.

Not really, that's typical. From what I've heard over the years front office contracts all typically expire May 1st, after the draft. Teams don't want to lose their continuity prior to the draft and the people spilling the beans to other teams.

Ok. That makes more sense.

I'd love to have consistency eventually...

Good luck to him, I think he's a good talent evaluator, but I understand the firing. I hope he does well in his next endeavour and it if is as a GM, they let him chose his HC.

Hopefully we can retain Monos.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.