Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been over this

The cursory wave at the defensive woes and then moving onto why the offense didnt overcome it just doesnt work

Why? Because that is how our team was biult......run the ball....dont turn the ball over....play great defense...that was the way the team was contructed because we DONT have a franchise qb.

That is not Tyrod's fault...he is what he is...a middling system qb. Would we all LIKE to have a franchise qb? You bet...they dont sit on the end ile down at the local wall mart.....

Exactly. Tell Shady and jmc to run down to the corner store and get us a franchise QB.

Edited by JM2009

I wanted to get one at pick ten.

The Bills may have got the steal of the draft in Peterman, as far as QBs are concerned. Picking at 10, with this draft class would have been foolish.TT is the best option for 2017.

Edited by JM2009

The Bills may have got the steal of the draft in Peterman, as far as QBs are concerned. Picking at 10, with this draft class would have been foolish.TT is the best option for 2017.

Peterman, at best, will be Chad Pennington.

They possibly got one in the 5th. If not they have two first rounders next year.

The corollary to "pick us up a franchise QB at the corner store" is ALWAYS wait til next year/we drafted some stiff with basically no shot late.

Everyone and their mother knew what I meant by 20ish. Picking nits doesn't invalidate the spirit of my argument to anybody except the ones who look for any little victory in a sea of defeat.

My apologies. I didn't realize calling you out for discounting nearly 1/3 of his attempts per game was nitpicking...

The defense gave up big leads and got gouged in the running game. While the offense didn't turn the ball over, the defense wasn't taking the ball away nearly enough in 2016. Just little details.That last Miami OT loss falls on the defense and ST. terrible.

I thought TT played against NE's starting defense on the road, not their third string QB. Week before it was nobody can beat NE no matter who plays QB.

I guess you missed the GIANT Elephant in the room.

How to make the points clear?

Taylor's only Win when passing more than 30 times was when he faced the Patriots playing their 3rd string Rookie QB with an injured throwing hand.

Talk about a handicap!!!

Look on the bright side! The Bills lousy Defense had a Shutout!

Taylor's only Win when passing more than 30 times was when he faced the Patriots playing their 3rd string Rookie QB with an injured throwing hand.

Talk about a handicap!!!

The defense is why the Ryan brothers are no longer here. And his poor game day management.

Talk about a handicap!!!

And again, the Giant Elephant is that you won't discuss the last Miami game. The answer you give to that will be very telling.

We have been over this

The cursory wave at the defensive woes and then moving onto why the offense didnt overcome it just doesnt work

Why? Because that is how our team was biult......run the ball....dont turn the ball over....play great defense...that was the way the team was contructed because we DONT have a franchise qb.

That is not Tyrod's fault...he is what he is...a middling system qb. Would we all LIKE to have a franchise qb? You bet...they dont sit on the end ile down at the local wall mart.....

You can't just blame the defense. That imo is a cop out.

Lets take the common ground here John. It takes a TEAM to Win or Lose.

When the D is lacking the Offense needs to step it up and when the O is lacking the D needs to step it up.

Oh and Rex Ryan sucked and so did his staff. (Offense and Defense)

The defense is why the Ryan brothers are no longer here. And his poor game day management.

And again, the Giant Elephant is that you won't discuss the last Miami game. The answer you give to that will be very telling.

I have discussed it and frankly I'm tired of repeating the same comments over and over.

Occams Razor principal applies. Score a TD on the opening drive of the Miami game ans the Game ends. Period.

Have a good evening.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

When the D is lacking the Offense needs to step it up and when the O is lacking the D needs to step it up.

Oh and Rex Ryan sucked and so did his staff.

I have discussed it and frankly I'm tired of repeating the same comments over and over.

Occams Razor principal applies. Score a TD on the opening drive of the Miami game ans the Game ends. Period.

Have a good evening.

D holds two leads against Miami, and TT plays the last game and the Bills beat a Jets team that had given up, the Bills would have been the WC, not Miami.

Have a good evening.

I dont JUST blame the defense......yes we need to find a way to score in the 4th quarter of close games more often.

BUT.....I still will preach it....this team had a identity....Rex Ryan killed it

Have a good evening.

What about Carp missing 2 FGs in Miami...?

D holds two leads against Miami, and TT plays the last game and the Bills beat a Jets team that had given up, the Bills would have been the WC, not Miami.

There was that thurs night jets game too.. where we gave up 360 passing to fitz.

Like yes - he needs to be better especially in crunch time situations. He could hold the ball less, keep his eyes downfield, use the middle of the field.

But the defense needs to be better at like - every position. We struggled with play calling, we struggled in coverage, penalties, tackling... what didn't we struggle with on defense? What was our identity on defense? 3 200+ rushers!!

Edited by dneveu

That is a mighty big IF

What is?

Whether Taylor plays well enough for the Bills to use the franchise tag on him or whether the Bills would use the franchise tag in that manner?

The 'Skins did it twice with Cousins and it's not like he's an Elite QB or anything.

I doubt it. I'm afraid TT throwing 20ish times a game was a symptom, not a problem.

Taylor averaged 29.1 passes per game in 2016 and 27.1 in 2015.

I understand that saying "20ish times" gives you some license and makes your argument sound so much stronger than using numbers that are closer to his actual numbers, but it's the equivalent of me saying I resemble Brad Pitt because I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

We all know that the Bills passing attempts have been low, but portraying 28 attempts per game as 20ish? C'mon man.

Thank you.

That's just a cheap rhetorical tactic.

How did they risk losing him? Because the Bills slashed his contract just 8 months after signing it. He had the option of not accepting the new restructured contract and pursue other opportunities once the FA period began. The ball was in Tyrod's court and he could have easily said "no" and became a free agent. It was discussed between Tyrod and his agent and they both agreed the Bills option was the best to take just two days before the deadline....those are Tyrod's words.

McDermott knows the importance of the QB position, he's said it. And with this position of importance, he is paying our starter one of the lowest in the league for veteran starters.

He said he was opening to restructuring but never said paycut....they are different. Charles Clay restructured but didn't take a paycut. Tyrod did both. Why do you think it took so long to agree to this if he just really wanted to be in Buffalo? Why was his agent having early discussions (that is tampering) at the combine with other teams if he just wanted to be in Buffalo?

The only way Tyrod is our QB for the next 4 years is if he lights it up on the field. If he plays like he did the last 2 years, they aren't picking up the remaining years of the contract. They've given themselves room to walk away....again.

All of the first paragraph is what a lot of you guys base your entire argument on:

The Bills were going to release Taylor if he didn't take a pay cut!

​I respect your opinion, but I disagree. And it's an opinion, certainly not fact. And it's pure arrogance to call it fact.

I've laid out my position on this before so I'm not going to type it again. You've heard it before. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that your assumptions are anything more than speculation.

Just remember... the Bills had ALL the control in that situation. All they had to do was exercise an option on a contract Taylor was already under to keep him.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I dont JUST blame the defense......yes we need to find a way to score in the 4th quarter of close games more often.

BUT.....I still will preach it....this team had a identity....Rex Ryan killed it

Sorry John, It was a general comment ... I didn't mean for you to imply I meant you specifically blamed the Defense.

16, 17, 18, 19... Seems to be about middle of the pack, no?

Middling D, middling O... 8-8 is about right if you ask me.

All I was trying to say is that plenty of playoff teams had defenses rated much worse than Buffalo;'s yet they managed to make the playoffs.

What is the missing common denominator? A good to very good QB that can win a game with the pass when it is needed.

I'm Taylor'd out today. No further comment.