RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glennon would've been the better pick.

Easily the best QB of that class. He's got a chance to prove himself this year.

Glennon sucks and would have only been the better pick because they probably would have taken him in the 3rd round.

Except he's developed into a solid player.

It would be great if the Bills got anything close to the production of Peterman that they've gotten from Tyrod.

We have done the numbers a million times but the odds of a 5th, 6th, or 7th round QB playing well are long. Tyrod is the exception not the rule. Here are the guy drafted to play QB: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

That's funny as a 6th round scrub has been the starter the past 2 years and you have seemed to be totally ok with that.

I don't see it the way you do obviously. but you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am. matter of fact, I see right through your opinion as more of an agenda against the bills starting QB where as mine was based off some kid they drafted this past year who will be lucky to make the ps.

starter vs ps, yeah, I'll support the starter. you on the other hand, stick with your agenda, it suits you.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Glennon would've been the better pick.

Easily the best QB of that class. He's got a chance to prove himself this year.

That is really not saying much seeing as Glennon cant hang onto a starting role.

They were ALL bad.....just goes to show you can wish for a player to be better then he is just because you need one....and people should not bash a decent qb when they have one because he isnt top 10

Glennon throws for more touchdowns than TT this year. Book it. In Napoleon we trust.

I can see Glennon being decent but I think TT's passing numbers go up quite a bit in this scheme. FWIW, I don't think that it necessarily means he's improved as a passer. I just think that his 28 pass attempts a game will be closer to 35. That will mean more yards, more TDs, and more INTs. Additionally, he isn't being challenged for the starting job. Glennon will have the job early but as soon as they feel Trubisky is ready he will be out there.

We have done the numbers a million times but the odds of a 5th, 6th, or 7th round QB playing well are long. Tyrod is the exception not the rule. Here are the guy drafted to play QB: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

The odds of a QB drafted in any round achieving starter status are long in my opinion. Smaller school QB's don't get the same amount of attention and in some instances good QB prospects are never even given an opportunity in my humble opinion.

The wonderlic is supposed to tell us how well a QB reads the football field yet one of the NFL's lowest scores ( Cam Newton ) has been breaking NFL records in rushing and passing. Myself personally, it tells me good athletes are getting passed over in an evolving league that the power forward style QB is starting to emerge.

When the odds are so bad for 1st round signal callers why would you trust the so called scouting to begin with Kirby?

Edited by Figster

The odds of a QB drafted in any round achieving starter status are long in my opinion. Smaller school QB's don't get the same amount of attention and in some instances good QB prospects are never even given an opportunity in my humble opinion.

When the odds are so bad for 1st round signal callers why would you trust the so called scouting to begin with Kirby?

I guess, for me, I'm looking at the guys going really early as about a 50/50 proposition. I'd load up to try to get in that mix. It's possible the Bills will have the ammo to do that depending on how the bottom of the league shakes out. The Jets and 49ers will be awful and going QB. If you can get a 50/50 shot though that's so much better than 1 out of 20 or whatever. If searching for a franchise guy I'd rather take calculated risks vs. throwing darts and hoping one sticks. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I guess, for me, I'm looking at the guys going really early as about a 50/50 proposition. I'd load up to try to get in that mix. It's possible the Bills will have the ammo to do that depending on how the bottom of the league shakes out. The Jets and 49ers will be awful and going QB. If you can get a 50/50 shot though that's so much better than 1 out of 20 or whatever. If searching for a franchise guy I'd rather take calculated risks vs. throwing darts and hoping one sticks.

with all due respect do you have something I could look at that supports a 50 / 50 proposition for finding a franchise QB, or at the very least, a winning QB.

with all due respect do you have something I could look at that supports a 50 / 50 proposition for finding a franchise QB, or at the very least, a winning QB.

QBs in the top 3 over the last 10 years or so would be there. Edited by Kirby Jackson

No problem, you have to go early and hope that it's Jameis/Mariota and not Goff/Bortles. The Bills have assets though.

gotcha, I can agree with that,

our last chance was Cam and we came oh so close,