What a great

Again, I agree... If we will be competing with other counties that show no regard for human life...

The answer is don't compete and play with the ones that "race towards the bottom."

Believe me, if we do... There will always be business opportunities.

We need to escape that dilemna.

259209[/snapback]

Isolationist policies do not work. It is akin to "treating the symptoms instead of the problem." We can't compete with the world, so we will just prevent everyone from accessing the world so that we do not need to change. A recipe for disaster.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See... You have to resort to the name calling... Just because I can't agree with.

259217[/snapback]

Defensive? I was simply putting out a public service message. You know, trying to help you on your crusade to keep the terminally stupid safe from their worst enemy - themselves.

Surprised you saw it differently.

See... You have to resort to the name calling... Just because I can't agree with.

Again... It doesn't bother me...

You know Darin, you are a classic example why children bite other kids... The can't continue to communicate at a higher level.

Resort to the attacks and then play the victim if you get attacked back.

Again... Maybe I should be the first to say... We just don't agree... Agree to disagree...

There is no place laying the low-blows.

259217[/snapback]

How is this a personal attack against you? Did you eat paint and snort cleaning supplies?

Isolationist policies do not work. It is akin to "treating the symptoms instead of the problem." We can't compete with the world, so we will just prevent everyone from accessing the world so that we do not need to change. A recipe for disaster.

259221[/snapback]

Thank you Ken for being resaonable. I understand your point.

It is not about being isolationist... It is about playing with the people who want to respect your values for human life. The US and western Europe take the lead, the others will follow.

Defensive?  I was simply putting out a public service message.  You know, trying to help you on your crusade to keep the terminally stupid safe from their worst enemy - themselves.

Surprised you saw it differently.

259223[/snapback]

By no means am I on a crusade... Just innvolved in a nice discussion.

See that is the problem with you guys... You can never paint me on a crusade, my view mix... Sometimes mixed-up... Yet, mixed!

:D

You know me... I can't let anyone have the last word!

:ph34r:

Thank you Ken for being resaonable.  I understand your point.

It is not about being isolationist... It is about playing with the people who want to respect your values for human life.  The US and western Europe take the lead, the others will follow.

259231[/snapback]

They are not following. They can't afford to follow. They know that it is a recipe for financial ruin to follow the U.S. lead. I have managed projects on every continent except Antarctica, and it has been proven that you can safely complete the project without all of the crap you get in the U.S. Yes, you will have places that would give an OSHA inspector a heart attack, but there is still a middle ground where projects can be done safely without resorting to the crap we have here. The difference is, that the foreign companies have realized that people need to take responsibility for their actions. Here, people feel like they are entitled to be stupid and they will get a large check for their efforts.

By no means am I on a crusade... Just innvolved in a nice discussion.

See that is the problem with you guys... You can never paint me on a crusade, my view mix... Sometimes mixed-up... Yet, mixed!

:D

You know me... I can't let anyone have the last word!

:ph34r:

259236[/snapback]

Yeah, if you can't make a cognative argument, make it lengthy enough that the other guy gets tired of beating his head against the wall. Excellent strategery (sic).

The problem with "us guys" is we think logically and have worldly experience to back it up. Plus, my tap water is glacial runoff.

Hey, like I told Darin, I am having a bad day.  :ph34r:

259249[/snapback]

No problem.

I think the point is to let the courts sift it out and see what happens.

I don't know all the facts.

From everything that was said, it appears idiots were in the wrong.

We just have to let it play out, which it should.