draft day

I do think trading our 1st next year to move up this year may be in play. Whaley has done it before, if he thinks he needs to do something big to save his job, risking the future for the present is certainly on the table. It's a huge part of the problem of putting a GM into a position where he's making decisions to save his job vs the best long term interest of the franchise.

I do think trading our 1st next year to move up this year may be in play. Whaley has done it before, if he thinks he needs to do something big to save his job, risking the future for the present is certainly on the table. It's a huge part of the problem of putting a GM into a position where he's making decisions to save his job vs the best long term interest of the franchise.

If Whaley is on the outs they aren't going to let him use future picks as a life line.

This is exactly what I am thinking. Their 1st next year to move back into the 1st for a player that they really want.

Draft day thread = fire Whaley

any one else have a feeling the Bills are going to do something drastic this weekend? Ex trade back into the 1st round, or trade a vet for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

My homebrewed draft keg will have me prepared for all of the Bills shenanigans.

If Whaley is on the outs they aren't going to let him use future picks as a life line.

If hes on the way out, he'll pretty much have no say. But if he truly hired McDermitt I don't see why they would then fire Whaley.

I see a lot of trades tomorrow night, the QB class isn't terrible and enough teams have reasons/ammo to pass others. The QB class is not one where you see two guys coming off the board 1st and 2nd and then nothing until the end of round 1. The waters are muddy and so are teams perceived interests. It's going to be fun.

I don't see any reason to trade up. There is no quarterback worth that sort of sacrifice. Besides, next year is supposed to be a great year for quarterbacks. If we suck again, we will have the wherewithal to move up next year and take somebody great.

Let's move down a few spots and take some extra talent in this year's draft. There are a lot of guys who would help this team. I like the tight end from Miami whose name I cannot pronounce nor type. I also like the linebacker from Florida, the DB from Alabama, and the WR from Eastern Washington.