Sullivan: One GM gone, one to go.

JM2009

where did he find Mike g ? off of the trash heap. The fact that you are overly concerned about a back up rb shows how little you understand

It may be you who doesn't get it. The Bills, you may have noticed, place great emphasis on the run. Their starter is 29, and has been prone to hamstring issues the past couple years. A good 2nd string back is needed. Backup RB isn't exactly a bench guy-- he sees action in every game, and fills in when the starter goes down.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean this in a serious question:

Who the hell is still reading Jerry Sullivan ????????

Seriously havent taken a peek in atleast 15 years probably more. Put on a clown show in the McDermott presser. There is a reason he hasnt moved on to another paper.....like the rest at TBN lifers. The best guy they had Tyler Dunne, looked around and said I can't be lump in with this group of no talents I'm out. The rest stay because no one else will hire them.

Whats beyond belief is apparently some people still read them- it's unreal

All that ^^

This assumes two things: that they won't match the deal and that if they don't they'll take a RB with the 5th pick they get. Neither is necessarily valid.

True-- but if they match now, they will be paying a million more than needed. They may not take a RB-- but J. Williams looked rather uninspiring (in limited action). And Tolbert? I think they'd have to somehow replace Gillislee (maybe sign Blount?).

True-- but if they match now, they will be paying a million more than needed. They may not take a RB-- but J. Williams looked rather uninspiring (in limited action). And Tolbert? I think they'd have to somehow replace Gillislee (maybe sign Blount?).

They got the market set by NE and NE made a shrewd move. Identical to what we did with Clay.

If he leaves Blount could be a candidate. Sparks maybe? A host of others I imagine.

Overdorf manages our cap, not Whaley. I have no idea why it's structured that way or if this is common elsewhere, but I think JO should be fired for the garbage cap situation we've been in for 2 straight years.

It's a salary cap driven league. Some years will be lean. Two years ago the Bills had money to spend and spent it. In 2018 the Bills will have about 60 million available under the cap. Is that Overdorf's fault too?

Edited by purple haze

Man, Sully has the easiest job in the world with the Pegulas in charge.

HR right at the outset of the thread. :lol:

I love the "Terry means business now" takes that always follow them admitting that they hired or retained the wrong people.

The problem with all these firings is that it makes them look like mercurial decision makers when they are just flat out making bad hires in the first place.

His teams need a Parcells like savior that can come in and just turn the culture(s) around by stringing together just a few good moves and then emanating confidence.

I love the "Terry means business now" takes that always follow them admitting that they hired or retained the wrong people.

The problem with all these firings is that it makes them look like mercurial decision makers when they are just flat out making bad hires in the first place.

His teams need a Parcells like savior that can come in and just turn the culture(s) around by stringing together just a few good moves and then emanating confidence.

Interesting to bring up Parcells. He only won titles when he had a strong GM in George Young.

I didn't assume that--- that was the JFH guy.

it came out later on that Ebron was going to be the pick......

but your so smart....would think you would keep up on these things?

Im wondering who that person would be......

it came out later on that Ebron was going to be the pick......

but your so smart....would think you would keep up on these things?

That is-- "you're" so smart.

When you talked about Ebron, I thought maybe you were in the draft room or something. I don't think that was ever officially verified by Whaley-- maybe just "inside sources," such as yourself. I also said it was a mistake by Detroit-- and would have been a mistake by the Bills, if they had gone that way. A good GM has to make the right decision in those situations.

That is-- "you're" so smart.

When you talked about Ebron, I thought maybe you were in the draft room or something. I don't think that was ever officially verified by Whaley-- maybe just "inside sources," such as yourself. I also said it was a mistake by Detroit-- and would have been a mistake by the Bills, if they had gone that way. A good GM has to make the right decision in those situations.

As soon as the spelling nazi in you comes out you know you have lost

Interesting to bring up Parcells. He only won titles when he had a strong GM in George Young.

He didn't win Super Bowls but he turned around a thoroughly moribund Pats franchise.......then an arguably even worse Jets franchise.........then he built the foundation for some really good Cowboy teams(year after he left they had best record in NFC) after they had been in a bad place for many years.

He was sensational at turnarounds.

Im wondering who that person would be......

Pete Carroll? Saban? Harbaugh? I don't think any of them would come free. McCarthy and Tomlin have long winning track records......and rings......something no Bills HC has earned as a HC before or after becoming a Bill.

It's really about hiring someone that the players think has that mystical "winning" trait because perception is reality in the NFL.

As soon as the spelling nazi in you comes out you know you have lost

Lost what? There was no rational debate--- you started name-calling (that was the end of any "debate"). Funny part is, I want the Bills to succeed as much or more than you. I just don't see it happening until they have the right FO leadership.

Without reading more than the headline, the fact that he took Bylsma's and Murray's firings and turned the story into his same tired story about Whaley and Pegula tells you everything you need to know about petty little ax-grinding one-trick pony Jerry. Was there even any reason for Whaley to be in the news today?

i mean this in a serious question:

Who the hell is still reading Jerry Sullivan ????????

Seriously havent taken a peek in atleast 15 years probably more. Put on a clown show in the McDermott presser. There is a reason he hasnt moved on to another paper.....like the rest at TBN lifers. The best guy they had Tyler Dunne, looked around and said I can't be lump in with this group of no talents I'm out. The rest stay because no one else will hire them.

Whats beyond belief is apparently some people still read them- it's unreal

Who is reading Sully? Obviously a lot of people.

The reason he hasn't moved on? May have to do with the fact that with Buffett as owner this is a very desireable job situation. Sully was offered a spot at Newsday, a huge paper, and moved here instead. Probably likes it here.

But yeah, he says stuff that criticism-hating fans don't like to hear, and he does it consistently. Makes sense to me, personally, that a team that's consistently topped out at mediocre often has bad things said about it.

pegs has nothing to do with the 17 years. he is hovering around 500 in his three years. not great but hardly a disaster. The 17 year narrative should never be part of conversation about Pegs.

As for Sugar coating, I would just like some journalism instead of these hatchet jobs .

Not a disaster, but bad.

Now, it they'd gone six wins, then followed that up with eight and then ten, that's a .500 that would look pretty damn good.

Instead, first 9-7, then 8-8, and then 7-9. That's not good.

He didn't win Super Bowls but he turned around a thoroughly moribund Pats franchise.......then an arguably even worse Jets franchise.........then he built the foundation for some really good Cowboy teams(year after he left they had best record in NFC) after they had been in a bad place for many years.

He was sensational at turnarounds.

Pete Carroll? Saban? Harbaugh? I don't think any of them would come free. McCarthy and Tomlin have long winning track records......and rings......something no Bills HC has earned as a HC before or after becoming a Bill.

It's really about hiring someone that the players think has that mystical "winning" trait because perception is reality in the NFL.

I don't know how you can call his turnaround sensational when they did not produce a winner.

this is true but he took over the Pats and the Jets at extreme low points, thinking the Jets record was 1-15 when he arrived , and had one in a Super bowl and the other in a championship game in very short order.

I don't know how you can call his turnaround sensational when they did not produce a winner.

you wouldn't sign up for trips to championship games or super bowls. ? Diminishing his accomplishments doesn't ring true

Not a disaster, but bad.

Now, it they'd gone six wins, then followed that up with eight and then ten, that's a .500 that would look pretty damn good.

Instead, first 9-7, then 8-8, and then 7-9. That's not good.

you can look at it as three 8-8 imo . Brady say most of game 17 in year one, and the Bills benched tt in year 3. a 500 record is kind of what you get most years that you don't have a solid qb.