Trump's Request For Voters Information (changed topic)

Listen, I know this sucks to hear, but your expectations weren't realistic.

Again, you're overstating my "expectations." I said he might have a chance to get 50.

I think you're making me a strawman for what you perceive me to represent.

I do still belief Ossoff will have a decent shot in the runoff. I initially posted because I live in the 6th and I thought it was worthwhile to report that I was witnessing a push. The final result was +6 over what the polls were saying, so that’s not nothing. I concede that the conservative base here is very strong. But it’s also true that the liberal minded people here are becoming more motivated. Plus, with all the attention it has gotten, there will be some developments still to come. Hard to say how Ossoff and Handel will deal with the hyper-scrutiny to come.

It’s your hasty, out of hand dismissal of my comments that I found arrogant and condescending. I’m not as emotionally invested in this as you seem to think. I did vote for Ossoff and was hoping he’d get the 50, but it’s not so surprising that it ended with him coming up just short. Your Toldya So after the fact is I guess a matter of pride for some like boyst & others, but objectively, it’s no big thing.

Edited by Cugalabanza

FTA:

Hillary Clinton won 47 percent in this district on Election Day 2016, and Ossoff won 48 percent.

In all likelihood, furious Democrats donated $8 million to Ossoff to win a “moral victory.” Milano’s understandable nausea comes from Democrats’ genuine hopes that Ossoff could win 50 percent in the jungle primary and win outright, an outcome that appeared plausible in the early returns of the evening, influenced heavily by Democrat-heavy early voting, and that slipped out of reach as the more Republican-heavy Election Day returns were added to the total.

As Jeff Ditzler put it, “Ossoff leading all night, then fading at the end might help in the runoff. Atlanta Falcon fans will be able to relate to that.”

You could almost feel the “what it all means” essays being furiously rewritten as the results shifted to a runoff and likely GOP victory June 20. There was a narrative of backlash, the Resistance and the Democratic comeback, all ready to go… but the voters in the district missed that memo and loused it all up by voting more or less the same way they did in November.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

The Democrats Didn’t even win a Moral Victory in Georgia

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Georgia Special Election Goes Pretty Much as Predicted

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446871/georgia-special-election-inconclusive-results-runoff

Buck up buttercups, you can pretend that the fate of the world and the Trump admin rests in the hands of the next opportunity in Montana in May...

Won't that be a big thrill to win the 3rd special election?

Not to the people of Georgia's 6th district.

context was of people on this board, not the people in the district, and i doubt half could care less in any voting district you pick in North America...

context was of people on this board, not the people in the district, and i doubt half could care less in any voting district you pick in North America...

You didn't appear to have any specific context at all other than "people", which is why I said what I said.

He did better than the polls predicted and this district hasn't had a Democratic Congressman since '78. Given Price won the seat by 23 points last November, this may be a sign of a Democratic base that is waking up.

Not much use in a seat going to the minority side of the House against the President.

About as useless as a bye-election in Canada for a seat in Parliament when the opposition has a decent majority.

Actually it's way weaker to win the House seat.

November 2018 is your focus, haters, but 25 of the 33 Senators up for grabs aren't GOP, a very very tough Jenga Tower to try to improve on...

November 2018 is your focus, haters, but 25 of the 33 Senators up for grabs aren't GOP, a very very tough Jenga Tower to try to improve on...

This is true

Currently, Democrats are expected to have 23 seats up for election along with 2 independents who caucus with them. Republicans are expected to have 8 seats up for election.
the real test for Trump will be all members of the House up in 2018
The 8 R Senators will get buried with campaign funds and Trump help to try and get reelected
Edited by ALF

Doesn't seem very inclusive to favor the white dude over the woman. I wonder if more people voted for the white guy because they're misogynists?

You aren't allowed to use the arguments that they use.

They will cry to Mommy and take the ball and go home and tell Mommy they were the best football player or the prettiest girl at the ball.

If the media won't bother holding them to anything, they think they are invincible.

Except at the ballot box...

This is true

Currently, Democrats are expected to have 23 seats up for election along with 2 independents who caucus with them. Republicans are expected to have 8 seats up for election.
the real test for Trump will be all members of the House up in 2018
The 8 R Senators will get buried with campaign funds and Trump help to try and get reelected

I try to grab factual truth when we can just look it up.

Opinion is another matter, and it's fun to make Libs got beet red in 2 seconds when I don't agree with them.

So if the GOP is in vogue this time, that could make it a super majority and then some.

Doubtful though, hard for a POTUS to improve in his first midterm, Obama and Clinton sure found that out... :D

14266870053_86d329a9f7_q.jpg Law Professor Ann Althouse

I get really tired of Democratic partisan emotion. I'm someone who sometimes votes for Democrats, and I've voted for a lot more Democratic candidates than Republicans over the years, but I have nothing but a negative reaction to all this anger at losing.

If they'd won, they'd be exulting and gloating, with no empathy for the other side. Republicans don't act like that. I mean, maybe some Republicans somewhere do, but mostly they're better sports about winning and losing. It makes them look more responsible and more respectful of democracy.

Could the Democrats grow up and stop being so offputting... ?

Politico :

Democrats begin to wonder: When do we win?

For all the roiling anger and energy at the grassroots, the party still fell short in Georgia and Kansas. And Democratic prospects in upcoming elections aren't promising.

By Gabriel Debenedetti

04/19/17

No, No this was a win.

http://www.youngcons.com/update-dem-candidate-after-failing-to-win-georgia-special-election-this-is-already-a-victory-for-the-ages/

A win for the ages!! :wallbash:

14266870053_86d329a9f7_q.jpg Law Professor Ann Althouse

I get really tired of Democratic partisan emotion. I'm someone who sometimes votes for Democrats, and I've voted for a lot more Democratic candidates than Republicans over the years, but I have nothing but a negative reaction to all this anger at losing.

If they'd won, they'd be exulting and gloating, with no empathy for the other side. Republicans don't act like that. I mean, maybe some Republicans somewhere do, but mostly they're better sports about winning and losing. It makes them look more responsible and more respectful of democracy.

Could the Democrats grow up and stop being so offputting... ?

LOL, really? Someone should buy this woman a clue!

In the House?

:huh:

:wacko:

I know, the libs make me laugh.

"Hillary got more votes."

It goes by electoral college, miss that class in 3rd grade or the lesser known video twin of Conjunction Junction What's Your FUnction? You campaign by the rules, change the rules and you change the campaign.

"They should change that, let congress vote on it."

That is a step but to amend the Constitution you need 76% of the States to agree. And it's already an Amendment (12th) so you can look up how to amend an Amendment, not gonna happen..."

"well they should do that right now without that stupid amending stuff."

Okay, have a nice day.... post often on TBD, oh you do already....

For the liberals on here...

The United States Congress is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States consisting of two chambers: the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Congress meets in the Capitol in Washington, D.C. Both senators and representatives are chosen through direct election, though vacancies in the Senate may be filled by a gubernatorial appointment. Members are usually affiliated to the Republican Party or to the Democratic Party, and only rarely to a third party or as independents. Congress has 535 voting members: 435 Representatives and 100 Senators. The House of Representatives has six non-voting members in addition to its 435 voting members. These members can, however, sit on congressional committees and introduce legislation. These members represent Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Edited by row_33

I know, the libs make me laugh.

"Hillary got more votes."

It goes by electoral college, miss that class in 3rd grade or the lesser known video twin of Conjunction Junction What's Your FUnction? You campaign by the rules, change the rules and you change the campaign.

"They should change that, let congress vote on it."

That is a step but to amend the Constitution you need 76% of the States to agree. And it's already an Amendment (12th) so you can look up how to amend an Amendment, not gonna happen..."

"well they should do that right now without that stupid amending stuff."

Okay, have a nice day.... post often on TBD, oh you do already....

For the liberals on here...

The United States Congress is the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States consisting of two chambers: the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Congress meets in the Capitol in Washington, D.C. Both senators and representatives are chosen through direct election, though vacancies in the Senate may be filled by a gubernatorial appointment. Members are usually affiliated to the Republican Party or to the Democratic Party, and only rarely to a third party or as independents. Congress has 535 voting members: 435 Representatives and 100 Senators. The House of Representatives has six non-voting members in addition to its 435 voting members. These members can, however, sit on congressional committees and introduce legislation. These members represent Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Wow, man.

First of all, millions of people in this country could benefit from a remedial civics class, no doubt. Do you really think they are all liberals?

Imagine for a moment, that the Republican candidate lost the election while getting the majority of the popular vote by a couple million. Do you really think that it would not be a popular rally cry for the Republicans?

I'll concede that liberals often act like douchebags, but to claim it's all on one side...