Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we move into the top 5 to take one of these QBs I'm going to be physically ill.

Exactly!!!! We have 6 picks in this draft. We have so many needs to fill w/ those few draft picks. Losing picks and moving up (esp if we give up a 1st in next years draft) to get one of these QB's is crazy. Best case scenario, given a willing partner, trade down and gain more picks.

I've seen Tru projected all over the board...from #1 to #6 to #10 to #31. It's amazing how there's very little agreement about whether he's a top five pick or even a top 10 pick.

We, the fans, don't get the opportunity to meet with a QB prospect like Tru, to talk to him, to see him work out in person, to talk to his former teammates and coaches, etc. We must instead rely upon the Bills' scouting to do their due diligence and then make an infirmed decision.

This is a BIG DEAL folks!!

We're talking about a potential franchise QB here........someone who could be a real difference-maker.......someone who could help to make us a competitive team and a playoff team once again.

I would prefer to trade back and obtain more picks in this particular draft while going with Taylor as our starting QB.

However, if the Bills believe that Tru is the real deal......and he could be........then I would not be opposed to selecting him at #10 or even moving up to #5 ahead of NYJ to get him.

Having witnessed NFL drafts since the 1970s I can't help thinking that this could also be a big smokescreen in order to force teams like Cleveland (at #12), Arizona (at #13), and Houston (late R1)

to strongly consider "giving up the ranch" to be able to select Trubisky (or the preferred QB prospect of their choice) at #10.

Most NFL people seem to view Tru as a mid to late R1 pick.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If we move into the top 5 to take one of these QBs I'm going to be physically ill.

All these years and all these picks and players that meant absolutely nothing without a quality QB on the roster. If they think Mitch can be that guy and they move up for him, more power to them

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Do you trust Doug Whaley and his scouts to make a decision on a quaterback? Or are you going to defer to the sports writers of America and listen to how bad this class is?

Have to trust the GM or he should have been replaced.

Yes, because when it comes to drafting QB's, there are no scouts or GM's that are significantly better than other scouts and GM's at identifying future franchise QB's.

I could not have said it better my self. I've made many posts over the last few months about having to draft a QB. We could have 20 picks in this draft it would not matter who we got. Unless we get a QB were not going anywhere. So let's stop pretending and let's draft

a QB like Mahomes so we can turn this franchise around. Trubisky is a Rob Johnson want a be. Please I will be physically I'll if we draft that guy. The game changing event will occur if the Bills get Mahomes. He is the next great one.

All these years and all these picks and players that meant absolutely nothing without a quality QB on the roster. If they think Mitch can be that guy and they move up for him, more power to them

Edited by billsareback

I could not have said it better my self. I've made many posts over the last few months about having to draft a QB. We could have 20 picks in this draft it would not matter who we got. Unless we get a QB were not going anywhere. So let's stop pretending and let's draft

a QB like Mahomes so we can turn this franchise around. Trubisky is a Rob Johnson want a be. Please I will be physically I'll if we draft that guy. The game changing event will occur if the Bills get Mahomes. He is the the next great one.

Oh, jeff. Now you're just going overboard.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Oh, boy. Trading up would enrage the fan base.

I'd be mildly ok with him at 10 if they are absolutely sure but a 13 game span is not a big body of work.

And they would be enraged more if Mitch pans out. This organization has made a lot of bad moves over the last 17 years. Trading up to take Trubisky no matter how he pans out, would not be one of them.

A GM gets paid millions of guaranteed dollars in hopes that he can make an equal amount of good and bad decisions. A GM with a 50 percent hit rate would be considered a huge success. I find it hard to believe anyone of these guys needs our sympathy.

....millions??....I'd bet the top GM makes 2 mil, a helluva lot less than most players he signs, with a guaranteed dollars just like those players....year 55 for me following this damn game and I'm STILL convinced the draft and FA are not an exact science...never have been never will be...once a guy signs a deal for million(s), no way to measure what is in his head or heart about EARNING that money......not like the NFL world starting with administration, to coaches to players ALL adhere to Vince's saying, "winning isn't everything, it is the ONLY thing".....ask Fat Albert......or Balke....or Grigson.......Matt Millen......BTW, a stat rat poster at BBMB did a great comparative analysis of Whaley versus Steelers' Colbert, Packs' Thompson and Randy Ireland....Whaley was right in the mix as far as draftee starts, etc.....can't remember all of the comparisons but was surprised that he was right there with Kevin and Ted especially............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy