John Warren Geils Jr., aka J. Geils, has died

Just Jack

http://www.wcvb.com/article/guitarist-known-as-j-geils-found-dead-in-massachusetts-home/9263211

GROTON, Massachusetts 5 Investigates has learned John Warren Geils Jr., the artist known professionally as J. Geils and part of the rock group The J. Geils Band, was found dead in his Groton, Massachusetts home. He was 71. Geils and the band are best known for their album, "Freeze Frame" and the song "Centerfold," which hit No. 1 for six weeks.

The only concert that I have deep regrets missing was J Geils Band at Kleinhans Music Hall in December 1981. Exactly a year before, my prof let me take an exam early so I can go to see Springsteen for the first time. This time, same scenario - but a different prof wouldn't let me do that.............We had front row seats and I had give mine away to one of my friends, who never let me forget how great that concert was.

I've seen them 3 other times, but as opening acts, twice at stadium shows with 4 acts, and once a few years ago, with J and with Peter barely able to stand up - something is really wrong with his legs.

No side of a studio album has rocked harder than side one of Hotline:

220px-Hotline_J._Geils_Band.jpg

The only concert that I have deep regrets missing was J Geils Band at Kleinhans Music Hall in December 1981. Exactly a year before, my prof let me take an exam early so I can go to see Springsteen for the first time. This time, same scenario - but a different prof wouldn't let me do that.............We had front row seats and I had give mine away to one of my friends, who never let me forget how great that concert was.

I've seen them 3 other times, but as opening acts, twice at stadium shows with 4 acts, and once a few years ago, with J and with Peter barely able to stand up - something is really wrong with his legs.

No side of a studio album has rocked harder than side one of Hotline:

220px-Hotline_J._Geils_Band.jpg

and no side of a live album has rocked harder than Blow Your Face Out.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the stage, the funkiest band in the land, the incomparable, J.Geils Band...

Edited by Foxx

And Keith Richards is still alive...

Keith explained it all in his book.

1) he used pure lab grade "product", rumours of the supplies allowed into the US for the 1972 tour are a fun read.

2) he knew when he was high and that he couldn't go past that level, so he did not imbibe in his "product" beyond that point. Those who took another dose were foolish and soon dead.

That is all...

RIP to J Geils, big fan outside of the sell-out stuff which was huge during 2nd year of high school.

And Keith Richards is still alive...

And your point is?

He still actively records as well

For your information he still drinks orange soda and vodka

I'll see your Keith Richards and raise you one Ginger Baker.

And Ozzy

Go figure.....

Maybe because Keith has been active and blessed

This cd was MTV driven. Best stuff was from sanctuary