2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

Personally, I'm just rooting for them, but I have always had a soft spot for the franchise. I liked a lot of the expansion teams in the early 90s growing up. Something about the timing of all these new teams coinciding with my burgeoning passion for the sport. Also I feel for the town overall as Augie alludes to the general melancholy about it. Oddly it is a pretty big city... almost a million residents.

Three years ago,I met a couple from Gatineau Quebec ( next door neighbor to Ottawa ) in Negril Jamaica. Because of my friendship with them I was cheering for the Sens. However being a fan of the Dallas Stars ..there was Trevor Daley...and there is Crosby .. which concussion next ends his career.

Now we will see if there will be a repeat Champion or a first time winner.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game and a microcosm of the series

Series tied after two in Pittsburgh. Game 7 tied after the first period

Series tied after two in Ottawa. Game 7 tied after the second period

Series tied after six. Game 7 tied after regulation

That was a great game.

I haven't been a hockey fan in a whole lotta years since the Sabres have been about as pathetic as the Bills and I just put the game on because nothing else appealed to me, but I'll probably watch the Finals now.

Hats off to Ottawa. What a tough series. Tough way to lose; anyone could have won/lost that game last night.

Haven't been following Nashville at all, and so will be curious to see them play. Was thinking the Ducks would be the team from the west.

Nashville is that low-seeded that got hot at the right time. The 2012 Kings come to mind. This is gonna be another fun series.

Nashville is that low-seeded that got hot at the right time. The 2012 Kings come to mind. This is gonna be another fun series.

This is why hockey has the best playoffs. Check out the snooze fest of the NBA where there are like 2 teams that can win in a given year. Totally wide open in hockey. The 8th seed can win the whole thing!

Hockey is not the best playoffs. I can't commit to watching a West coast game that starts at 10pm, with the thought that it might not end until 3am in triple OT.

If your team is no longer in it, the interest levels tank.

I'll watch every NFL playoff game though.

This is why hockey has the best playoffs. Check out the snooze fest of the NBA where there are like 2 teams that can win in a given year. Totally wide open in hockey. The 8th seed can win the whole thing!

Nashville plays fast, fast, fast. Lots of speed, good in transition. They will definitely give up scoring chances but they don't stop coming. This should be a really entertaining series.

Nashville plays fast, fast, fast. Lots of speed, good in transition. They will definitely give up scoring chances but they don't stop coming. This should be a really entertaining series.

They can afford to give up the chances the way Pekka Rinne has been playing. The Ducks had a couple good games offensively in the conference final, but for the most part Rinne has been lights out.

Sharks haven't really looked good all season. Decent at times but never really dominant. Power play is middle of the road. Last season it was the best. Face off pct is woeful. Older players are a year older (Thornton and Marleau). I think they are in trouble against the much

younger Oilers. Nashville is my pick to win it all.

I'm starting to realize I'm not wrong very often when it comes to the NHL. :thumbsup:

Nice! What was your reasoning for picking them? I don't think anyone even called them to win the first round.

When they played the Sharks last playoff I thought they looked great. Underrated. They were the toughest opponent they faced including the Pens. By the time the Sharks got to Pittsburgh their best was spent on beating three tough and heavy teams. Kings, Preds and the Blues. Also I figure with Rinne can steal a game in every series if he has to. Preds are also pretty playoff seasoned. Also Taylor Swift sings the anthem on occasion.

When they played the Sharks last playoff I thought they looked great. Underrated. They were the toughest opponent they faced including the Pens. By the time the Sharks got to Pittsburgh their best was spent on beating three tough and heavy teams. Kings, Preds and the Blues. Also I figure with Rinne can steal a game in every series if he has to. Preds are also pretty playoff seasoned. Also Taylor Swift sings the anthem on occasion.

:lol:

Carrie Underwood ( Mrs Mike Fisher of the Predators ) sings the anthem too.

I'm in Nashville a LOT. I saw them go down 3-0, then get a goal. Assumed it was over, but got busy. I assumed it was too late. True? Games in Nashville are a BLAST! Look forward to the rest of the series.

I'm in Nashville a LOT. I saw them go down 3-0, then get a goal. Assumed it was over, but got busy. I assumed it was too late. True? Games in Nashville are a BLAST! Look forward to the rest of the series.

After the Penguins 3rd goal in the 1st, the Predators took control and fought back to tie it at 3 in the 3rd. Pittsburgh was held without a shot on goal for 37 minutes until late in the 3rd, however that shot on goal hit the net putting Pittsburgh up 4-3. Pittsburgh's fifth and final goal was an empty netter after Nashville pulled their goalie