2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

I am a Sabres fan through and through...no second teams except anyone playing the Flyers, Leafs or Bruins.. Having said that, I think the Leafs have a legitimate shot to win this series...and i would not have said that after they blew that lead last game of season, they look fantastic!

If you are a Leaf fan, what do you think the atmosphere in the building will be if Leafs down 1-0 early 2nd? I say dead as a doornail.

I don't think so. Fans know this team is capable of coming back in a game, especially if only down by one. Leafs fans can actually "bring it" when it comes to play-off atmosphere, they just haven't had many opportunities lately. I think the fans will surprise you.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. Fans know this team is capable of coming back in a game, especially if only down by one. Leafs fans can actually "bring it" when it comes to play-off atmosphere, they just haven't had many opportunities lately. I think the fans will surprise you.

I hope so...love the Candian team home games, makes for great TV. Let's hope corporate world went out at 5, got nice and liquored up, and is ready to sing that anthem and roll with some Go Leafs Go

These Leafs ...kill off a 2 minute 5-3, then immediately another kill, then they come back to get withing 1. They flat out better than the Sabres, but that coach has them believing as well.

Good to be a Leafs fan about now

Edited by plenzmd1

These Leafs ...kill off a 2 minute 5-3, then immediately another kill, then they come back to get withing 1. They flat out better than the Sabres, but that coach has them believing as well.

And then tie it up with under a minute left in the 2nd! Flying now!

Man I wish the Sabres could have landed Babcock.

Leafs are such a blast to watch. They literally have no idea they're supposed to feel pressure. A few of them were smiling and laughing on the bench late in the 3rd.

Not a single ego-trip on the roster (unlike the Caps), this has been a fun and entertaining team.

They just dipsy-doodle around and create scoring opps from any angle possible. Pests who forecheck and work a power play very well.

Wish they'd lean more on just flicking the puck 4 feet off the ground at the net when there's traffic out front, so many goals are scored from this instead of slamming the puck with a 10% chance of hitting the net... but they are starting to appreciate this move.

Fun ride so far, expecting it to fall apart next game, but who knows???

Zach Hyman wrecklessly dumping and chasing to set up the second goal was one of the best Leafs plays of the last 50 years.