No Gilmore, No Woods, No Brown, No Chance

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Woods may have a higher ceiling than what we saw here in Buffalo with our anemic passing attack. But I don't think the 600 yards and 1 TD he got last year are irreplaceable.

Similar thing with Gilmore. He didn't have a great year last year. While I don't think Seymour is nearly as good as Gilmore overall, I do think we can find someone to play the position as well as Gilmore did in 2016.

Forget their best season, their potential, and forecasts for how well they'll perform on their next teams. Neither Woods or Gilmore were superstars last season. Their replacements don't need to be superstars to equal their contributions.

i don't quite get this. are you saying brandon hired mcd as head coach to sell tickets?

I forget what that posters name was over at BBMB (heck it could have been the same) but he had the same drivel over there, he stands out because all of his posts end in "imo" which was the same mo over there

I forget what that posters name was over at BBMB (heck it could have been the same) but he had the same drivel over there, he stands out because all of his posts end in "imo" which was the same mo over there

ohhhh yeah. that's a great call.

So you think their future was resting on a #1 CB? I guess pick #10 is CB then.

I am fine with letting Gilmore go not because he isn't good (he is) but this roster needs to be replenished and rebuilt. But that does mean we will take a step back before we go forward.

Unfortunately the Tyrod extension indicates the Bills have no idea if they are rebuilding or trying to tread water. If they try to tread water they will drown.

I have no doubt that there will be plays/games this season where a lot of us would say "we really missed Gilmore there"

because he was a good player.....but was he REALLY worth the coin that he got in the big scheme of things?

In Darby's first year (which was not that long ago) we ended up saying a lot of the time that Darby OUTPLAYED Gilmore.....

what we need to do is find that player that fills Darby's shoes as he makes that transition over to being the number 1 corner of the team.

I am fine with letting Gilmore go not because he isn't good (he is) but this roster needs to be replenished and rebuilt. But that does mean we will take a step back before we go forward.

Unfortunately the Tyrod extension indicates the Bills have no idea if they are rebuilding or trying to tread water. If they try to tread water they will drown.

No it means the fans have no idea. The Bills have a plan, trust me. They just don't really have to let the fans know every little thing they are doing or plan to do.

You know I keep hearing this. But the Bills have been treading water for nearly the past 2 decades. Season ticket sales are very strong. I have to believe Pegula not only isn't losing money, but is making a pretty fair amount. A very large number of Bills fans only require them to be in Buffalo to support the team. How exactly will they drown? I would think for as long as they have been treading water, if they were going to drown it would have happened already.

Edited by CodeMonkey

No it means the fans have no idea. The Bills have a plan, trust me. They just don't really have to let the fans know every little thing they are doing or plan to do.

SURE, the same plan they have had since 1999. LOL! Whatever.............................................

SURE, the same plan they have had since 1999. LOL! Whatever.............................................

Yup, the legendary Buffalo Bills smokescreen :)