UB to cut four sports (Soccer/swimming/diving/rowing)

UB has a $600M endowment fund. They could find a few $ for these sports.

They could but universities are increasingly just wealth hording pseudo-corporations.......collecting egregious sums to teach......well.......nothing you couldn't learn for FREE.

But I digress......in the meantime UB needs to get rid of that track around the football field. Why do you need a stadium to watch people run track? Can't the parents just bring their own chairs?

They could but universities are increasingly just wealth hording pseudo-corporations.......collecting egregious sums to teach......well.......nothing you couldn't learn for FREE.

But I digress......in the meantime UB needs to get rid of that track around the football field. Why do you need a stadium to watch people run track? Can't the parents just bring their own chairs?

Doubt they will be spending money on that when they are the only MAC school without a football field house. For such a huge school, and it is as big as some of the other sports powerhouses, there is little support from alumni for sports. People in WNY don't care. They have something good going with basketball but football is a joke and they are missing two sports that it's obvious they should have: hockey and lacrosse.

Doubt they will be spending money on that when they are the only MAC school without a football field house. For such a huge school, and it is as big as some of the other sports powerhouses, there is little support from alumni for sports. People in WNY don't care. They have something good going with basketball but football is a joke and they are missing two sports that it's obvious they should have: hockey and lacrosse.

I know I say it in every UB thread....

But that stadium is completely dismal.

I like the MAC and cannot bring myself to attend games there.

Can you possibly move potential fans any farther away from the game?

ubstadium.jpg?max_height=458&max_width=7

386.jpg

I know I say it in every UB thread....

But that stadium is completely dismal.

I like the MAC and cannot bring myself to attend games there.

Can you possibly move potential fans any farther away from the game?

ubstadium.jpg?max_height=458&max_width=7

386.jpg

It's not that bad, but I know what you mean. I'm hoping if UB still is FBS in football when the Pegulas build their new downtown stadium, the Bulls play their games there. But what I hate about the current UB stadium more than the track is how freaking cold it gets. When they have those Tuesday and Wednesday night ESPN MACtion games, it is all you can do to withstand the biting winds. The only place for a bit of relief are the bathrooms.