The McDermott Era begins - Voluntary OTAs

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to trim some egregious contracts from those who won't show up.

Like the Dilbert where over the PA it went "due to weather conditions any unessential employees can go home" with the next panel being the boss looking at the parking lot through binoculars saying "easiest round of layoffs ever"

HAHA that's great. I could see our top mgr's pulling something like that

@jayskurski

McDermott: "I am encouraged by my conversations with LeSean. ... It is voluntary. I'm encouraged by the guys who are here." #Bills

McDermott on players wearing "playoff caliber" T-shirts. "That's really the day-to-day vision." #Bills

Edited by YoloinOhio

McDermott on players wearing "playoff caliber" T-shirts. "That's really the day-to-day vision." #Bills

Does the NFL have something equivalent to the NIT now, or am I missing something?

@jayskurski

McDermott: "I am encouraged by my conversations with LeSean. ... It is voluntary. I'm encouraged by the guys who are here." #Bills

Take this for what it's worth. I met LeSean at my work this past Friday. Very nice and standup guy at the start of the night, and even signed a ball for me. About an hour later he got in a big fight with his lady, sat at the bar by himself for a while, and then left. Maybe he's having some personal issues with his lady and that affected him coming today. When I talked to him he seemed to be excited about the new coach and upcoming season.

This was in Atlanta, GA btw where his girl lives. She comes into my facility with her kid(s) a good bit.

Edited by Do The Reich Thing

Huh, didn't know about the new "phase" rules.

Man that CBA is 50 shades of rediculous. Those rules are incredibly specific and restrictive.

People wonder why players are always hurt nowadays, when they are bubble wrapped and coddled during practice, and don't even know how to get hit. Instead of being conditioned to get hit, the NFLPA has successfully legislated propper training out of the NFL. They are ill-prepared for the game, causing a down-tick in the quality of the product on the field, and a weakening of the players overall. But that's what happens when the players are represented by a group who's objective is to get them more millions for less and less work. Laziness does not pay off, and the NFL ratings are telling the story.

Rant aside, this phase 1 is basically going to the gym together. No football and no football coaches. What benefit do teams with new coaches get from that? Only makes sense if it's to learn a system, but clearly they can't do that.

I had a great 5th Grade teacher many, many years ago. We would give an answer to a difficult question - her reaction was 'Prove it' - I think she would say the same to you right now.

Players are bubble wrapped and coddled - how ridiculous.. These players are lazy? Just a ridiculous comment.

For some reason this reminded me of a recent article in SI on the Northwestern basketball program. During some of its down years, they had a coach who liked to give out inspirational t-shirts. One read "BRIAN'S MILE" in homage to a player who limped through a conditioning run - to remind the team about perseverance. It turns out there was more to the story - "What no one could tell the coaches about this supposed inspiration, Kreft says, is that Chamberlain’s injury occurred while trying to shortcut the 2.2-mile course by running through a yard, then landing awkwardly after jumping over a hedge."

I see nothing wrong with the tshirts. McD said it's a reminder to do everything, everyday at a level that would be considered "playoff caliber"

Have no idea how that relates to the Colts afc finalist banner.

You know what would be a great Idea, what if they hung up giant pictures of the Lombardi Trophy?