Lexi Thompson...Unbelieveable

plenzmd1

Takes the heat off them?!? What?!? They couldn't have put more heat on themselves if they tried. Everybody hated the fact that they let a person email in about this. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

You have to understand that from his point of view purple monkey dishwasher.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much heat on the LPGA that this story is huge, people just can't seem to stop talking... The poor travesty committed on Lexi has the whole sports news cycle a buzz... So much so, I didn't have to Google who Lexi Thompson was because the story was everywhere.

Boy, the judges should have just come down with the hammer right then and there on the green when she was fudging her mark. Swoop right in and yell: "You're outta here!" A show like that would have grabbed headlines. Down with golf decorum!

People seem to be so livid over this! They are mad and ain't going to take anybody calling in again! Didn't some viewer snitch last year or something... In a golf tourney. The LPGA is really feeling the heat over this! They better change policy!

There is so much heat on the LPGA that this story is huge, people just can't seem to stop talking... The poor travesty committed on Lexi has the whole sports news cycle a buzz... So much so, I didn't have to Google who Lexi Thompson was because the story was everywhere.

Boy, the judges should have just come down with the hammer right then and there on the green when she was fudging her mark. Swoop right in and yell: "You're outta here!" A show like that would have grabbed headlines. Down with golf decorum!

People seem to be so livid over this! They are mad and ain't going to take anybody calling in again! Didn't some viewer snitch last year or something... In a golf tourney. The LPGA is really feeling the heat over this! They better change policy!

You're starting to get it. If they has penalized her on the spot, there would be nobody objecting to this. She also would have won the tournament if nothing else changed. As it stands, a dude eating potato chips was the only one who saw it and they penalized her double based on their own error.

You're starting to get it. If they has penalized her on the spot, there would be nobody objecting to this. She also would have won the tournament if nothing else changed. As it stands, a dude eating potato chips was the only one who saw it and they penalized her double based on their own error.

I believe his post was sarcasm, but your point remains valid.

... As it stands, a dude eating potato chips was the only one who saw it and they penalized her double based on their own error.

Wait a second, no articles I saw said the person was eating potato chips. You either know this person, or you are this person.

Again... Who knows who blew her in? Could have been a caddy or player... A person in gallery. They should have just busted her right then and there and this whole thing would get talked about like the screaming brat getting booted off the United flight.

Did the LPGA handle it as discreetly as possible? Blame it on a TV viewer, which I can't figure out how they would notice it?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Wait a second, no articles I saw said the person was eating potato chips. You either know this person, or you are this person.

Or:

I have a Googlebot with immense tracking and monitoring skills.

And because I know your next question: Cape Cod Chips....Helluva Good Onion Dip. I know they weren't the best choice but don't shoot the messenger.

Again... Who knows who blew her in? Could have been a caddy or player... A person in gallery. They should have just busted her right then and there and this whole thing would get talked about like the screaming brat getting booted off the United flight.

Did the LPGA handle it as discreetly as possible? Blame it on a TV viewer, which I can't figure out how they would notice it?

You can't figure out how a TV viewer would notice? Seriously? Ever hear of a DVR? VHS? Betamax? Geez dude.

I think it had to be a TV viewer. From the gallery you'd never see that 3/4 on an inch change. I've been to dozens of PGA tournaments, and that would NOT get noticed on the course.

I believe his post was sarcasm, but your point remains valid.

Uh, you got your scorecard mixed up.

More sarcasm?

TV viewers have been calling in the infractions for a long time, this isn't a new thing just because one hasn't heard of it before.

Craig Stadler's improved lie by kneeling on a towel on a wet course was a more famous one.

That was the late 80s.

So a friend was playing with his pastor, a total jerk, a month ago...

Friend comes in with the wedge 3 feet from the hole, pastor does the same 2 feet blocking the direct line of my friend.

(not to be a knock on the clergy in general...)

Pastor refuses to mark his ball citing his version of the rules, and refuses to putt out...

Friend nods and 2 putts around him quietly but seething.

Next hole is a par 5 with water.

Pastor puts two in the water and says "I guess I'll start over with a 3rd ball for my first shot"

Friend says, you have options on placement but the next shot is #5 and I'm holding the score card....

Edited by row_33

I'd have picked up his ball and chucked it into the woods.

...or played croquet style and sent his ball off the green. Oops! He doesn't sound like a very good pastor. The congregation would hear about that #$%@ move.