NC restaurant bans kids - and business increases

I'm totally down with this.

Like Bandit, we were lucky enough to have a well-behaved toddler/young child. As an infant, we just never brought him out to eat with us out of respect for other patrons.

I'm actually not bothered by kids in restaurants, for the most part. What pisses me off is when people bring poorly-behaved children to school concerts/performances. Well, not so much that they bring them. But when they're too stupid NOT to remove them when they start to misbehave.

Funny you bring this up. My son (first grade) had his first school performance last night. These kids don't exactly have their "theater voices" yet, so everyone was struggling to hear their kid's lines. Well, this little girl came strolling down the middle of the auditorium aisle screaming "no!!" repeatly at the top of her lungs. No parents followed her or tried to stop her. The principal had to pick the girl up and bring her to her parents who were laughing about the whole thing. They were kind of WT though, so it was not too shocking.

But when they're too stupid NOT to remove them when they start to misbehave.

This is the key to me. It's one thing to bring your kids to a public place and hope/assume they will be quiet/behave - but if they are doing something to bother other customers, that is the time to have a clue and respect those around you and get the kid the hell out of there. I had twins too - when they were infants and we went out (in NC BTW) if one started making any noise/distraction one of us took them out of the situation in an instant. Same when they were older - they were well behaved kids but sometimes issues are unavoidable - when that happens have some respect for those around you and remove the kid. One of my biggest pet peeves is when parents with a crying baby or obnoxious kid just smile like it is cute they are disturbing everyone else. Get a clue.

Edited by stevewin