NC restaurant bans kids - and business increases

As a parent of twin 4-year-olds, I have absolutely no problem with this...

We are proud that our children behave well-enough and have good enough table manners that we feel comfortable taking them to any restaurant (including fine-dining establishments), but a business has the right to set the rules.

We are proud that our children behave well-enough and have good enough table manners that we feel comfortable taking them to any restaurant (including fine-dining establishments), but a business has the right to set the rules.

How about banning cell phone users who are loud talkers?

i'm with you on this. we have a 22 month old, and i try to be super considerate of people eating around us. there's certain restaurants that we just won't bring her to because they are in no way kid friendly. we go out pretty early to avoid the big crowds so we can manage her, and finally, if she starts to fuss, her ass is out of there. nothing is worse than when parents let their kids freak out in public. we all know it happens, but if it does, someone should take the kid out while the other wraps it up.

luckily our daughter is pretty good in public for now. probably because when she hasn't been, i beat her without mercy.

these people should be publicly murdered.

Edited by teef

Why cant people just get a baby sitter if they are going out to a restaurant, especially if it isn't kid friendly?

Also, we would take our my daughter out when she was younger (she is just over 2 now) but she was good and wouldn't cry much. Now that we have two kids (son is 9 months) we haven't taken them out to a restaurant. Too much work and isn't exactly relaxing lol

Edited by Bray Wyatt

When I managed a restaurant, we didn't have much of an issue. However, we did kindly ask folks to excuse themselves from the table before placing/accepting a phone call.

i'm with you on this. we have a 22 month old, and i try to be super considerate of people eating around us. there's certain restaurants that we just won't bring her to because they are in no way kid friendly. we go out pretty early to avoid the big crowds so we can manage her, and finally, if she starts to fuss, her ass is out of there. nothing is worse than when parents let their kids freak out in public. we all know it happens, but if it does, someone should take the kid out while the other wraps it up.

luckily our daughter is pretty good in public for now. probably because when she hasn't been, i beat her without mercy.

So, in other words, you actually parent your child? :thumbsup:

Seriously though, IMO, this is the correct approach. Give the kids a chance to develop table manners and to conduct themselves appropriately in public, while not being afraid to yank them outta there if it doesn't go well.

So, in other words, you actually parent your child? :thumbsup:

Seriously though, IMO, this is the correct approach. Give the kids a chance to develop table manners and to conduct themselves appropriately in public, while not being afraid to yank them outta there if it doesn't go well.

we want to take her out to train her as well. kids need to know what appropriate or not, and going through the motions seems to be the best way. we even have a schedule that we all go out on thursday, stay in on friday, and get a baby sitter on saturday so i can go out a get a few drinks in my wife, only to do gross stuff to her later that night.

I love my state. I hate your state, obviously.

1st in flight, 49th in education! J/K...I loved living in Charlotte.

Kids on their iPads at dinner drives me crazy. This could go in the pet peeves thread. Lazy parenting, IMO. Interact with your kids once in a while...the little pricks will thank you for it in the future. If they can't make it through a meal at a restaurant without disrupting others, then they're not ready to go to a restaurant yet.

Kids on their iPads at dinner drives me crazy. This could go in the pet peeves thread. Lazy parenting, IMO. Interact with your kids once in a while...the little pricks will thank you for it in the future. If they can't make it through a meal at a restaurant without disrupting others, then they're not ready to go to a restaurant yet.

Sounds like a George Carlin skit lol although his was pre iPads

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law let their kids bring every toy imaginable to the dinner table. Inevitable they wind up running around the table and one falls down and hits his face on the floor. They then yell at the kids asking why they fool around so much at the table. Do they really not know the answer to that question?

I'm totally down with this.

Like Bandit, we were lucky enough to have a well-behaved toddler/young child. As an infant, we just never brought him out to eat with us out of respect for other patrons.

I'm actually not bothered by kids in restaurants, for the most part. What pisses me off is when people bring poorly-behaved children to school concerts/performances. Well, not so much that they bring them. But when they're too stupid NOT to remove them when they start to misbehave.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law let their kids bring every toy imaginable to the dinner table. Inevitable they wind up running around the table and one falls down and hits his face on the floor. They then yell at the kids asking why they fool around so much at the table. Do they really not know the answer to that questiBad parents

bad parents

Edited by mead107