Luke Maye late round prospect?

NewEra

Maye has been sleeper solid all year.

Hate how the radio guys are amazed every time he scores like he's a bum

Kids got ice in his veins. When Theo kicked it out to him I started to celebrate. You just KNEW it was going in. Glad Roy had him on the court over Hickss. Big shout out to Kennedy Meeks though. The mvp of the tourney of us so far. He was a man tonight

I coached Luke Maye in Middle School. He is a great player, he is an awesome student, and above all a super kid. You will never meet a more humble kid and his mom, dad and brothers are all wonderful people. I couldn't be more happy, actually had some tears after he nailed that shot. Been coaching for 24 years and have come across some terrific kids but there are very few that have ever worked as hard as Luke and he deserves this night. Your former teacher and coach is very proud of you. Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks after you bring home a national championship!

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

He's in my daughter's Business 101 class. She's been in love with him all year. When he made the shot I texted her I want Luke Maye to be my son-in-law (she replied me too)

I coached Luke Maye in Middle School. He is a great player, he is an awesome student, and above all a super kid. You will never meet a more humble kid and his mom, dad and brothers are all wonderful people. I couldn't be more happy, actually had some tears after he nailed that shot. Been coaching for 24 years and have come across some terrific kids but there are very few that have ever worked as hard as Luke and he deserves this night. Your former teacher and coach is very proud of you. Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks after you bring home a national championship!

Blasphemy

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Hes going to be the starting PF next year and I expect him to become a top option and possibly even our leading scorer. Glad to hear he's such a great kid

:thumbsup::worthy: Great stuff!

This past summer he was working out in my gym with a Minnesota Timberwolves assistant coach and this guy was working him hard, just getting him to be more physical and showing him how to always deliver initial contact inside. The coach had two arms pads on and just beat on him inside everytime. It was amazing to see last summer how lean and strong his body got after just one season at UNC. Looking forward to see how much better he can get over the next two years. I know he will continue to work hard and only get better.

He's got great form on his shot, had a huge three and an old fashioned three point play when the Heels were struggling to score. Huge game for the kid.

Good job by ole Roy giving the kid minutes when many said he didn't belong. Roy gets blasted for his unwillingness to use timeouts, but it paid off on the final play and he does a great job of developing players.

wheresdook.jpg

Edited by elroy16

Lol... I guess Duke and UNC can unite in one thing, their hatred of UK

@laettnerbball

Luke my son...May the force of the #32 be with you. #uncdownsthecats #theshotlives

Lol. The UK message boards are an absolute riot right now. I love it

i have no horse in the race but I know a number of obnoxious, insufferable UK fans and I take satisfaction in their every loss :lol:

I went to the epic UNC UK game at T-Mobile arena in Vegas this past December. The only thing I will give UK fans is that they travel better than any college team in sports.12,000 people at the game. It seemed like there were at least 11,000 UK fan there. After the game exiting the stadium, there were probably 5-6 groups of UK fans that literally got in my face yelling and screaming that UNC sucks. Couldn't do much about it as I was with my wife and we In a sea of drunken UK fans. They were acting like they had just won the championship....in December. Couldn't think of a fan base that deserves to lose like they lost last night (except pats fans of course)