Resolved: The Electoral College is Obsolete

when confronted with a bully you have two options
you can exit, or turn the other cheek, and move on, which is usually the right option
but that leaves the bullies in control of whatever space they are patrolling. so if you ever want to use that space you have to punch them in the head once in a while. its unfortunate but thats all bullies respond to
if you dont plan to permanently ceed that space theres little option but to confront them once in a while
i admit that i feel like im not doing a very good job all the time of picking my spots, but resistance to asshollery is a responsible endeavor

Perhaps meatball could start here and then begin to understand wth is going on here.

ty. yeah i figured some kind of established contest thing like that was going on

doesnt change the fact that this space is mostly controlled by a subset of abusive ass holes. and its pretty entrenched bc their leader has enough intelligence to avoid being full ass hole and contributes constructively. the others try to emulate him, without the intelligence, and just end up full abusive ass hole

i accepted that from the start. and this was a poor choice of a place to make that point. still doesnt excuse their full on ass hole treatment of others on a routine basis

i will try to pick my spots better but the point remains

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you can exit, or turn the other cheek, and move on, which is usually the right option
but that leaves the bullies in control of whatever space they are patrolling. so if you ever want to use that space you have to punch them in the head once in a while. its unfortunate but thats all bullies respond to
if you dont plan to permanently ceed that space theres little option but to confront them once in a while
i admit that i feel like im not doing a very good job all the time of picking my spots, but resistance to asshollery is a responsible endeavor

ty. yeah i figured some kind of established contest thing like that was going on

doesnt change the fact that this space is mostly controlled by a subset of abusive ass holes. and its pretty entrenched bc their leader has enough intelligence to avoid being full ass hole and contributes constructively. the others try to emulate him, without the intelligence, and just end up full abusive ass hole

i accepted that from the start. and this was a poor choice of a place to make that point. still doesnt excuse their full on ass hole treatment of others on a routine basis

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.8.

Here something to help you get down off your soapbox.

post-9240-0-06274200-1490562669_thumb.jpg

I favor this and it is constitutional. http://www.nationalpopularvote.com

The Constitution DOES NOT say that a state winner take all will get the electoral votes. Here's what it says in Article II

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

States decide how electors are divided up. If the state legislators decide (as many have) to go with popular vote, they can do it.

Electoral College will still be there for all you strict constructionists, but it will be different.

The Constitution DOES NOT say that a state winner take all will get the electoral votes. Here's what it says in Article II

States decide how electors are divided up. If the state legislators decide (as many have) to go with popular vote, they can do it.

Electoral College will still be there for all you strict constructionists, but it will be different.

It is constitutional.

It's also the states' slitting their own throats vis-a-vis states' rights, which makes it thoroughly stupid. I don't support it.

Snafu brought up something similar in the debate. Rather than being a slave to the overall popular vote in the election, he posited giving each Congressional District's majority vote winner that district's EC vote. I actually favor that. It does not however, make the EC obsolete which the majority takes all would.

I don't support that and never will. In fact, that's what got me to thinking about my proposal (which I believe is already done in Maine and Nebraska).

Edited by snafu

the constitution also says we can put bear arms up on our wall if we want.

Do you really go off everything that it says?

i just defend my freedoms all a cart.

I think you meant hola carte.

And the more I think about it, Nanker won the popular vote and therefore the debate, just like the lib protesters wanted it to go down in November.

Where was his fancy electoral college to protect me from the tyranny? You all should be ashamed of yourselves, jackboot liberals taking away my rights to suit your agendas.

I think there were some ineligible voters, too. Either that, or the vote was suppressed because nobody was allowed to register. That too! I'm going to get a petition going and make my kids dress like uteruses and we're going on a march.

And the more I think about it, Nanker won the popular vote and therefore the debate, just like the lib protesters wanted it to go down in November.

Where was his fancy electoral college to protect me from the tyranny? You all should be ashamed of yourselves, jackboot liberals taking away my rights to suit your agendas.

I think there were some ineligible voters, too. Either that, or the vote was suppressed because nobody was allowed to register. That too! I'm going to get a petition going and make my kids dress like uteruses and we're going on a march.

it's okay Hillary

Meathead tried to hack the vote.

Where was his fancy electoral college to protect me from the tyranny?

It's right here:

Snafu gets my vote, because in the spirit of the electoral college I'm voting with the intent to balance out the tyranny of the majority, thereby demonstrating the incorrectness of his argument that the electoral college is obsolete.

Which, in explaining why he shouldn't get my vote, even though he is, justifies his position and earns him my vote.

Which is some horribly contrived, convoluted-enough bass-ackwards bull **** logic on my part that it's most accurately described as a "SNAFU" anyway. So...!@#$ it. I need a beer.

!@#$ you, !@#$ball. You deserve to lose, simply for showing that you didn't read the very thread you were trying to win.

It's right here:

!@#$ you, !@#$ball. You deserve to lose, simply for showing that you didn't read the very thread you were trying to win.

Wrooooong. So wrong...

I read this. Unfortunately your one vote didn't count for several, like our electoral college should.

You know who else had well thought out gibberish like your post:

Hillary Clinton.