Resolved: The Electoral College is Obsolete

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The electoral college is obsolete as electoral processes move more toward solar powered transofemers which do not use AC but DC. DC, as Elon musks engineer Telsa discovered is not electricity. It is power and its got electrolytes. Electrolytes help things grow. Therefore, peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a good lunch.

My point, and only reason to reply....Please put azalin vs snafu or whoever is against each other in subject. Makes it easier to tell what's what and who needs to find who

Presidential elections should be decided by popular vote, imo. Every individual's vote should carry the same weight.

Damn the selection committee for putting me up against the boyst buzzsaw in the first round. I would have had a field day in this topic.

Edited by FireChan

After you...

Quite. The Electoral College is a sacrosanct product of the Age of Enlightenment. It provides balance to the bicameral form of government that is found in the Legislature. Whereas the Senate allows two Senators to each state, and the House are given seats based on the population of each state, the EC defends our Republic from the possibility of regionalism slanting a Presidential election in such a way as to effectively disenfranchise less densely populated states.

Quite. The Electoral College is a sacrosanct product of the Age of Enlightenment. It provides balance to the bicameral form of government that is found in the Legislature. Whereas the Senate allows two Senators to each state, and the House are given seats based on the population of each state, the EC defends our Republic from the possibility of regionalism slanting a Presidential election in such a way as to effectively disenfranchise less densely populated states.

Is that the start of Quarter 1?

I liked the spirit of snafu's rebuttal, but we're not talking Kings and individual votes, we're talking about electoral votes. Therefore I give round 1 to Nanker for his uncharacteristically serious and informative opening statement.

Quarter 2. Frankly, I'd like to skip to Q4, but you know... rules.

So to be obsolete or out dated might mean different things to different people.

No one has ever out dated Madonna, or Pamela Anderson for that matter.

It's why they don't put a date on sour cream. No one is expecting it to go "good".

But I digress... slightly.

There was no intent of planned obsolescence to the EC that can be found in the Constitution.

To instead, let the popular vote rule would lead to a large amount of the country's population having the issues that are of concern to them be effectively ignored as money and the candidates would pour into only the largest eight or nine states.

Damn the selection committee for putting me up against the boyst buzzsaw in the first round. I would have had a field day in this topic.

I've clearly missed something :lol:

Edit: I get it now...

Are uh... non participants allowed to participate?

Edited by Dorkington

Quarter 2. Frankly, I'd like to skip to Q4, but you know... rules.

So to be obsolete or out dated might mean different things to different people.

No one has ever out dated Madonna, or Pamela Anderson for that matter.

It's why they don't put a date on sour cream. No one is expecting it to go "good".

But I digress... slightly.

There was no intent of planned obsolescence to the EC that can be found in the Constitution.

To instead, let the popular vote rule would lead to a large amount of the country's population having the issues that are of concern to them be effectively ignored as money and the candidates would pour into only the largest eight or nine states.

Q2 rebuttal:

That's incorrect gibberish, Tim. You need to focus.

The Electoral College is for Presidential elections only, not for Congress, which controls spending and has their own system of representation. Presumably, if the House and Senate are populated with individuals who actually represent their constituency, what you argue as a reason to continue the EC is even more irrelevant.

My point in bringing up the King -- aside from that being one of my favorite movie scenes -- was (a) that's what our founders were rebelling against, but (b) they didn't remove themselves from believing that the peasants couldn't think properly enough for themselves, and © slaves and women didn't count.

Times change. I don't see buggys and powdered wigs up and down the street. Women vote and there's no more slavery. People are educated nationwide and they're not ignorant peasants who need some patriarchic overlords making their decisions for them. We aren't baby birds with our open beaks in the air, we're frikkin humans.

If you want to keep the EC in place, then why don't you run an election where the EC isn't just a popular vote rubber stamp. I'll save that for the third quarter.

I've clearly missed something :lol:

Edit: I get it now...

Are uh... non participants allowed to participate?

Frowned upon, I believe. You'll get a shot to participate.

MAINSTREAM MEDIA REGION

#2) B-Man vs. #15) Dorkington

Topic: Social Media is more relevant than the mainstream media.

Edited by FireChan