Soccer thread

I don't see one already here, we had a decent 1 on the BBMB, so here goes.

World Cup 2018 Qualifying round this weekend... things to look out for.. and a WAKE UP!!! for those who kinda care about this but weren't aware it was coming this weekend...

Group A... Holland heads to Bulgaria for maybe another one of those "what went wrong" fiascos that the Dutch have given the world a lot to laugh over recently

Group D... Serbia holds 2nd place after 4 games, the closest they are coming to getting a draw easy enough to qualify for a span of 100 years, if they can't beat Georgia they don't deserve it anyway...

Group E... cushy group as shown that the top two teams Poland and Montenegro square off for first place... and one group holds France/Sweden/Holland, and another holds Switzerland/Hungary/Portugal, another has Spain and Italy...

Group F... us English fans await the first shoe of doom to drop against Lithuania...

Group G... Spain host sometimes kingmaker Israel, Italy and Albania square off... the kind of game Italy plays into a draw and then has to panic because of needless points wished away...

Group H... Croatia/Ukraine square off for first place with upstart Iceland probably beating Kosovo by double digits.

We have come so far... I now have the option of watching Andorra/Faroe Islands play live on my TV...

I agree.

Though I think they will beat Barcelona.

I think it will be one of the more interesting matchups games of the knockout stage. My guess is that it will come down to the fitness of Barca's midfield, and Enrique's tactics.

Barca's 3-4-3, which they've been using lately is deadly going forward, but I'm not sure it will withstand both Alves and Sandro attacking up the wings. They may stand up better on the flanks playing their 4-3-3, but will they be able to score freely in that formation trying to break through Juve's midfield if Busquets and Iniesta aren't 100%.

Either way, it's a game I'm looking forward to.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I think it will be one of the more interesting matchups games of the knockout stage. My guess is that it will come down to the fitness of Barca's midfield, and Enrique's tactics.

Barca's 3-4-3, which they've been using lately is deadly going forward, but I'm not sure it will withstand both Alves and Sandro attacking up the wings. They may stand up better on the flanks playing their 4-3-3, but will they be able to score freely in that formation trying to break through Juve's midfield if Busquets and Iniesta aren't 100%.

Either way, it's a game I'm looking forward to.

You also need to take into account that you're watching UEFAlona vs Mafia FC. Who knows which team will put more pressure on the refs to call a few phantom PK's?

Thanks for giving us Bayern/Real and Juve/Barca in the quarter finals...

Weekend PVR set for the Serbia/Croatia/England/Dutch games, pretty sure the Italy/Germany/Spain games won't be worth watching.