Josh McCown to the Jets

Above the shoulders McCown is the better QB.

Either way, if the Bills don't draft a QB at 10, what's the plan? There are really only 3 franchise potential QBs im seeing in this draft; Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson. They'll all be gone long before round 2. If the Bills want to address the position it should be at 10.

I really only like Trubisky at 10.

Watson I would have to learn to like at 10.

I'd be upset with Mahomes at 10. I think I'd be okay with him at 41 but not really sure.

There's next year too....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be upset with Mahomes at 10. I think I'd be okay with him at 41 but not really sure.

When you watch Trubisky what makes you think he'll be better than Mahomes?

When you watch Trubisky what makes you think he'll be better than Mahomes?

Because he didn't come from an Air Raid system.

Mahomes as far as the mental aspect is very behind. The Air Raid is a very simple system. As one scout said...it's like learning a completely different game going from that to pro style. I don't think he will be ready for awhile....if ever.

Plus Air Raid QB's have bombed in the NFL. Very talented physically though....

Trubisky actually has to read defenses and scan the field.

The only worry is his lack of experience...one year starter.

He's good in the pocket but can be effective outside.

Above the shoulders McCown is the better QB.

Either way, if the Bills don't draft a QB at 10, what's the plan? There are really only 3 franchise potential QBs im seeing in this draft; Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson. They'll all be gone long before round 2. If the Bills want to address the position it should be at 10.

You.... you re remember when McCown got the Browns 7 or 8 wins last year, and in Tampa in 2014? That was awesome!

Edited by dgrochester55

You.... you re remember when McCown got the Browns 7 or 8 wins last year, and in Tampa in 2014? That was awesome!

Yeah. Worse teams than the Bills and McCown got his team to the same spot Taylor got his. Or didn't you think about that?

Because he didn't come from an Air Raid system.

Mahomes as far as the mental aspect is very behind. The Air Raid is a very simple system. As one scout said...it's like learning a completely different game going from that to pro style. I don't think he will be ready for awhile....if ever.

Plus Air Raid QB's have bombed in the NFL. Very talented physically though....

Trubisky actually has to read defenses and scan the field.

The only worry is his lack of experience...one year starter.

He's good in the pocket but can be effective outside.

Careful, cowboy....that's the mentality that led the 49era to take Smoth over Rodgers.

Yeah. Worse teams than the Bills and McCown got his team to the same spot Taylor got his. Or didn't you think about that?

I did think about it, you are arguing that McCown is better than Taylor. Please give me three reasons that McCown would have given us 8+ wins this year. My point is that Taylor is a low end starter which is still better than many others and certainly better than McCown. Taylor isn't the future beyond another year or two but he is the best option going into 2017 unless the lucky draft pick happens.

Edited by dgrochester55

Mahomes is better than Trubisky at the deep ball, better under pressure, better on 3rd and 4th downs, and better running with the football.

Mahomes is Favre-like, Trubisky is Hasselback-like.

I simply don't believe or understand the QB rankings this year.

Mahomes is better than Trubisky at the deep ball, better under pressure, better on 3rd and 4th downs, and better running with the football.

Mahomes is Favre-like, Trubisky is Hasselback-like.

I simply don't believe or understand the QB rankings this year.

Probably because Mahomes makes a lot of bad decisions and comes from a very QB friendly system.

Jets still looking to draft a QB. they worked out Trub and Watson. They are looking to trade their 6th pick for later picks. IMO this makes it more likely they will grab a QB this year. And next.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/24/jets-gm-josh-mccown-wont-stop-us-from-drafting-a-qb/

the question I have with them taking yet another QB this year is, have they already given up on Petty or Hack, who this same regime just drafted in the last two years? I doubt they will use 4 roster spots for QBs and McCown has 6 mill gtd so he's not going anywhere. I can't see them cutting Petty or Hack before ever developing them but if they did the GM admitting failure on one of those picks and the coaching staff is admitting inability to develop in a crucial year for their job security.

If they do draft one and keep all 4, how will they all get enough reps to develop?

Edited by YoloinOhio