Josh McCown to the Jets

He sucks, but he is an upgrade from Geno Smith. I would not call him an upgrade to Fitz. The jests are all in on the tank.

fitz is or was slightly better but he can't execute a tank because he always has just enough good games to get you to 5 or 6 wins. McCown with the 2-20 record with Tampa and Cleveland has demonstrated ability to reach their goal.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he is. Taylor is an ineffective passer, McCown is not.

Sure because McCowns career completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, QB rating and yards per game average indicates he's not an ineffective passer. Is it McCowns 173 yards per game average make him effective?

I don't even think Taylor is very good, he's okay but McCown is terrible.

Tyrod is a garbage starter. And the Bills know it which is why he had to redo his contract.

Also, Tyrod won't be in the league when he's McCowns age.

i think the bills need an upgrade at qb too, but this is some out there **** right here. it's getting to be like a weird version of your bortles love.

i think the bills need an upgrade at qb too, but this is some out there **** right here. it's getting to be like a weird version of your bortles love.

I got every QB but Bortles right and that's the one people remember...and the book ain't done on Bortles yet.

I love Tyrod as a backup. But he's not a starter. He's good enough to alway keep us away from a top draft pick, and he's bad enough to ensure we never make the playoffs.

I'm disgusted by fans that look at that mediocre QB and think 'finally!'

Sure because McCowns career completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, QB rating and yards per game average indicates he's not an ineffective passer. Is it McCowns 173 yards per game average make him effective?

I don't even think Taylor is very good, he's okay but McCown is terrible.

I'll say this...McCown reads the field better and knows the position better. Taylor has his wheels. McCown is also 10 years older. If McCown and Taylor cost the same I'll take Taylor. If Taylor is more expensive I'd take McCown, and I think McDermott was ready to go that route too.

Taylor is fine this year. But only if we get his replacement because Taylor will win enough games to keep us away from a good QB next year.

Taylor is like a freaking metaphor for the drought. He runs well, but that's about it.

I got every QB but Bortles right and that's the one people remember...and the book ain't done on Bortles yet.

I love Tyrod as a backup. But he's not a starter. He's good enough to alway keep us away from a top draft pick, and he's bad enough to ensure we never make the playoffs.

i don't think anyone looks at taylor and thinks, "finally". i'm willing to bet that less than 5% of poster on here feel that way. taylor is a guy who will do as the team comes together under a new staff, and until a qb develops/is found who can lead the team for the next decade. the second part of that idea is a bit scary, as the bills have been just terrible doing it. all of that said, you need to look at reality and understand that mccown is just not better than taylor. you can say it all you want, but it doesn't make it true.

There are only a few that say "finally". Most think he's the best option now but would look for an upgrade.

I wasn't okay with Taylor and his original contract extension if they picked it up. But after this new restructure and another walk out clause option in a year or two...it's a good contract. I hope we draft a rookie high this year, develop and take over in a year or two.

Saying McCown isn't an ineffective passer is pretty bad.

I'll say this...McCown reads the field better and knows the position better. Taylor has his wheels. McCown is also 10 years older. If McCown and Taylor cost the same I'll take Taylor. If Taylor is more expensive I'd take McCown, and I think McDermott was ready to go that route too.

Taylor is fine this year. But only if we get his replacement because Taylor will win enough games to keep us away from a good QB next year.

Taylor is like a freaking metaphor for the drought. He runs well, but that's about it.

In terms of overall production, Taylor is more productive.

I think Taylor struggles a lot within the pocket but so does McCown....he just doesn't run or scramble. McCown doesn't do anything to scare you, Tyrod at least does have some things.

In terms of overall production, Taylor is more productive.

I think Taylor struggles a lot within the pocket but so does McCown....he just doesn't run or scramble. McCown doesn't do anything to scare you, Tyrod at least does have some things.

Above the shoulders McCown is the better QB.

Either way, if the Bills don't draft a QB at 10, what's the plan? There are really only 3 franchise potential QBs im seeing in this draft; Mahomes, Trubisky, and Watson. They'll all be gone long before round 2. If the Bills want to address the position it should be at 10.