Mike Williams just ran an unofficial 4.53 40 at pro day

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with your pondering. I have watched Davis film/highlites of him vs. top competition (not the MAC) , and his seperation against better talent isnt really there. He tends to be good in the short area. So, maybe what we need IS a guy who can catch these 5050 balls and NOT a guy we think can always get separation. I think Davis is going to be good, but against better competition, he failed to get separation

Doesn't Williams have issues with drops also? If we want a 50/50 winner, we should have offered Hunter more money. I agree with your assessment of Davis. Good route runner, great middle guy. I'd rather pass on WR in Rd. 1 and get Goodwin, JuJu-Smith, or Zae Jones later.

Doesn't Williams have issues with drops also? If we want a 50/50 winner, we should have offered Hunter more money. I agree with your assessment of Davis. Good route runner, great middle guy. I'd rather pass on WR in Rd. 1 and get Goodwin, JuJu-Smith, or Zae Jones later.

Brilliant. Why have one of the best wide receivers, when we can have the second or third best wide receivers?

I still remain confused as to why this guy is viewed as a legit first rounder. He won't bust out of the NFL because his size, but he is going to disappoint an entire fan base.

He is only viewed as that from fans, and analysts eyes. Neither of which really matter.

Not sure if this is true, maybe Blokes or Bandit can be of some assistance, but I heard that he has trouble gaining separation a lot of times. Remember hearing it watching the combine from one of them. Is this true?

Brilliant. Why have one of the best wide receivers, when we can have the second or third best wide receivers?

I'm disagreeing with the premise that Williams will be a better pro than any of the WR's I mentioned.

T

I still remain confused as to why this guy is viewed as a legit first rounder. He won't bust out of the NFL because his size, but he is going to disappoint an entire fan base.

Totally agree. He will be a good WR, but not a guy you take at 10. The opportunity cost is too great. You can likely get a better player in the 1st round, IMO.

Who would you prefer the QB to be? Trubisky? Ryan Mallett? Chase Daniel?

Idk. We do not appear to have many (if any) options. So in the circumstances I am in the camp of those who hope that Tyrod's most glaring shortcomings as a passer are at least partly due to the fact that his development as an NFL passer was hindered by scheme, a depleted WR corps, playcalling, and what in the short term appeared to the coaches to give us the best chance of winning (probably with justification). My hope is that the new staff will have more success in bringing him along. For now though, in spite of his having adequate arm strength and being a phenomenal athlete, I have seen exactly zero indication that he is capable of making the harder throws with any consistency that is the hallmark of an NFL passer. McCoys comment that he is a RB playing QB is a little harsh IMO but not far off the mark. If thats the right conclusion though it will never be good enuf.

The Bills have signed him up though so maybe the coaches think they can work with him to up his game. If that is right then if we can shore up our WR corps some really good things are in store for this O.

The fans don't want him though. They want a QB, or trade down and take "The Next Rob Gronkowski," OJ Howard.

I'd be happy with Mike Williams.

I don't want a QB.

I'd be fine with trading down.

I want a Tight End, but the class is so deep that we can pass on O.J. Howard and draft one later.

I'd be happy with Mike Williams.

I don't want a QB.

I'd be fine with trading down.

I want a Tight End, but the class is so deep that we can pass on O.J. Howard and draft one later.

I want a QB but at least Mike Williams would stack our offense for the QB brought in once Whaley is fired.

@tonypauline

Early takeaways from Clemson pro-day: 1- Mike Williams catching the ball really well but his routes are below par.

Not surprised by this. I take your point about MW being the better # 2 opposite SW but I believe Davis may well give you most of what MW can and then much of what MW may not. So I go with the more complete player.

Not surprised by this. I take your point about MW being the better # 2 opposite SW but I believe Davis may well give you most of what MW can and then much of what MW may not. So I go with the more complete player.

What happens when Corey Davis comes to the NFL, and he realizes that the corners he's going up against are actually good, and not pathetic, MAAC corners, like the ones he went up against from UB?