Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Pelosi admits to going to North Korea before... REALLY, Nacy? That's mighty interesting...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?444272-1/democrats-back-farm-bill-leader-pelosi

13 minute mark (of course)

(She went, by the way. Unofficially. More than once - this is a slip on her part.)

She went to Syria, too.  In 2006.  To undermine the Bush administration's foreign policy.  And Israels.  

She's one of the premiere supporters of state-sponsored terrorism.

46 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

She went to Syria, too.  In 2006.  To undermine the Bush administration's foreign policy.  And Israels.  

She's one of the premiere supporters of state-sponsored terrorism.

Pyongyang Nancy:

hanoi jane.jpg

On 4/18/2018 at 10:20 AM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Greg is advancing the idea that DPRK has been, for the last 50 years or so, a CIA blacksite and a protected "playground for the global elite" where human rights abuses go completely unchecked and a global hub for human trafficking to those ends.  Think Epstein's pedo island on steroids.  The way to peace there has been paved by a series of military ops which have cleared out the CIA influence there.  This speaks to why Pompeo's CIA was handling the logistics there instead of State.

The obvious question then is, "Why North Korea of all places?"

44 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

A confluence of opportunity and planning which presented itself in a unique environment.

So we're to believe that the global elite acting in concert with CIA can't find a better spot than North Korea?

Because obviously if I had the power to take over a country AND fool the rest of the world for 50 years, North Korea would absolutely be on top of my list to execute my plan.

Just now, GG said:

So we're to believe that the global elite acting in concert with CIA can't find a better spot than North Korea?

Because obviously if I had the power to take over a country AND fool the rest of the world for 50 years, North Korea would absolutely be on top of my list to execute my plan.

I'm not sure you could find a better spot.

Seclusion and secrecy, a lack of human rights, an uncomplicated government structure easy manipulate, untold and untapped mineral wealth.

20 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm not sure you could find a better spot.

Seclusion and secrecy, a lack of human rights, an uncomplicated government structure easy manipulate, untold and untapped mineral wealth.

You could say the same about every single country that was under the Communist yoke in the last 50 years.  If I was in that global elite, my vote would go to Vietnam or Cuba.  But what do I know, maybe global elites do prefer remote regions with zero resources and untapped mineral wealth that hasn't been monetized in 5 decades.

Maybe Epstein had it all wrong in setting up his playground in a Caribbean paradise for the illicit elties.  

13 minutes ago, GG said:

You could say the same about every single country that was under the Communist yoke in the last 50 years.  If I was in that global elite, my vote would go to Vietnam or Cuba.  But what do I know, maybe global elites do prefer remote regions with zero resources and untapped mineral wealth that hasn't been monetized in 5 decades.

Maybe Epstein had it all wrong in setting up his playground in a Caribbean paradise for the illicit elties.  

It wasn't a yoke, the liberal media and the universities and media told us it was a PARADISE under Communism, and that everyone LOVED it and it was so much more fair than the US.

8 minutes ago, GG said:

There is a massive difference in accessibility and visibility.

NK offers a perfect blend of everything you would need.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GG said:

Cuba is too exposed (it's flat and open to air and satellite assets), various Caribbean islands are too small for any more than small groups and equally exposed to air and sea. The DPRK is a large area of land with mountains (tunnels), a larger population (for laborers/slaves/victims what have you), and completely isolated by multiple nations who work together to prevent travel, tourism, or media access to the region. It's also temperate, resource rich, and protected by divisions of military forces from multiple nations, minefields, a still active state of war, and legend (of tinpot dictators who savagely murder relatives let alone foreigners).  

This is a big leap to make, I understand the reticence. But you could not ask for a better spot from an OPSEC perspective than the DPRK if you have a predilection for certain appetites. It's a country club of sorts, for multiple factions of scum and villainy. 

28 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There is a massive difference in accessibility and visibility.

NK offers a perfect blend of everything you would need.

And again, what would you need that NK provides a better place than any other place in the world, and why NK and not any other place in the world.

Africa is loaded with places with more mineral possessions than NK and was also a fertile Soviet playground back in the day.  Why NK and not Uganda or Angola?

Just now, GG said:

And again, what would you need that NK provides a better place than any other place in the world, and why NK and not any other place in the world.

Africa is loaded with places with more mineral possessions than NK and was also a fertile Soviet playground back in the day.  Why NK and not Uganda or Angola?

Access. Civilian and logistically.

You can get in and out of the DPRK in numerous ways that don't appear on radar, sonar, or a CCTV. You're also right up against three rich and powerful neighbors which makes supplying your country club easier than an African country where your supply lines would be longer and harder to conceal from various intelligence assets, let alone the media. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

At the time the CIA "took over", North Korea was incredibly isolated not just geographically, but logistically.  There is no access.  There was a new government, equally isolated, and incredibly simplistic and linear which makes it easy to manipulate and control.  There was/is no media access.  There is no place else in the world which has served as an enduring blind spot in this way.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Access. Civilian and logistically.

You can get in and out of the DPRK in numerous ways that don't appear on radar, sonar, or a CCTV. You're also right up against three rich and powerful neighbors which makes supplying your country club easier than an African country where your supply lines would be longer and harder to conceal from various intelligence assets, let alone the media. 

Well, if we are to believe that media manipulates the citizens anyway, why go through the trouble of setting up a secret lair in NK?

As an aside, this is precisely why it's hard to take ALL your things seriously.   Where does reality separate from nuttiness?

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Well, if we are to believe that media manipulates the citizens anyway, why go through the trouble of setting up a secret lair in NK?

As an aside, this is precisely why it's hard to take ALL your things seriously.   Where does reality separate from nuttiness?

That media manipulation took decades to establish and develop. DPRK has been a country club for decades, before such control was possible. 

I understand your latter point completely. Though you shouldn't take ALL my things seriously, I have my share of fun with some of the fringe topics as you know. :P 

The dividing line for me is evidence. If there's nothing more than speculation or stories, I treat it differently than something I can hunt down with primary or secondary sources. That's why, with things like this subject - where I'm not presenting evidence other than conjecture - I completely understand the reluctance. It's rational, and sensible.

I personally have had the opportunity to get some first hand information on this that I found compelling, it opened my eyes, but it's not something I have access to or can share on the board which makes it nothing more than anecdotal and thus meaningless in terms of "convincing" anyone. I do try to differentiate between when I'm taking the piss, when I'm speculating, and when I'm sharing something more substantive with evidence to support it.