Are we ramping up to war with North Korea?

Trump is the kind of crazy that would get China to move. Their bigger fear is not a unified peninsula, but the flow of North Korean refugees. They're already surrounded by Western proxies. Trump sounding off with a scorched earth trade policy and a scorched earth response to fatboy will get Beijing's ear.

I hope you're right. :beer:

Trump is the kind of crazy that would get China to move. Their bigger fear is not a unified peninsula, but the flow of North Korean refugees. They're already surrounded by Western proxies. Trump sounding off with a scorched earth trade policy and a scorched earth response to fatboy will get Beijing's ear.

He's not that kind of crazy. He's the idiot kind of crazy. After spending time on the phone and in person talking to him, the leadership of China is just not going to believe he's that kind of crazy. The Chinese military men and diplomats are going to report back that their American counterparts assured them that they know he's a moron, and ill-informed, and just says ****, and not to take him seriously and they won't. This idea that people are scared of him is folly. The American military and congress are not going to let him send in nukes or even bombs. It's nonsense. The Chinese worry he's going to say something so stupid their region is in crisis, or even send warships there, which is even more dumb. He's not going to bomb NK.

He's not that kind of crazy. He's the idiot kind of crazy. After spending time on the phone and in person talking to him, the leadership of China is just not going to believe he's that kind of crazy. The Chinese military men and diplomats are going to report back that their American counterparts assured them that they know he's a moron, and ill-informed, and just says ****, and not to take him seriously and they won't. This idea that people are scared of him is folly. The American military and congress are not going to let him send in nukes or even bombs. It's nonsense. The Chinese worry he's going to say something so stupid their region is in crisis, or even send warships there, which is even more dumb. He's not going to bomb NK.

Congress has been letting the executive branch declare and wage war with impunity for the past 16 years and counting... We've waged offensive wars on two continents now without congressional oversight or approval for going on two decades. What's a third continent added to that mix?

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Congress has been letting the executive branch declare and wage war with impunity for the past 16 years and counting... We've waged offensive wars on two continents now without congressional oversight or approval for going on two decades. What's a third continent added to that mix?

Because a substantial portion of morons in Congress in those past 16 years actually wanted the wars to some degree and were in favor of it. They are not going to be in favor of bombing NK. Huge difference.

Because a substantial portion of morons in Congress in those past 16 years actually wanted the wars to some degree and were in favor of it. They are not going to be in favor of bombing NK. Huge difference.

I guess my point is, 45 doesn't have to involve Congress at all in his decision. So what they do, or do not want, is irrelevant because they've spent 16 years neutering their own abilities to check that kind of action.

I guess my point is, 45 doesn't have to involve Congress at all in his decision. So what they do, or do not want, is irrelevant because they've spent 16 years neutering their own abilities to check that kind of action.

And my point is this fukkhead isn't going to make a decision on bombing NK based on intricate knowledge of the region or political strategy with China, he makes all decisions on what it means to him and how people see him. What they tell him is very relevant because very few of them are going to tell him that bombing NK is going to make him loved or look good to the base or increase his chance of re-election or increase his poll numbers.

And my point is this fukkhead isn't going to make a decision on bombing NK based on intricate knowledge of the region or political strategy with China, he makes all decisions on what it means to him and how people see him. What they tell him is very relevant because very few of them are going to tell him that bombing NK is going to make him loved or look good to the base or increase his chance of re-election or increase his poll numbers.

You sure about that? Look at who he's surrounded by. McMasters is a die-hard regime change warrior and his leading adviser on this issue. I'm still on the fence with Kelly but he's got all sorts of neocon ties. And let's remember the only time the entire MSM and country said Trump acted presidential:

That was just lobbing a couple dozen cruise missiles at an empty airport. Imagine how much the war loving media will love Trump acting even more "presidential" by waging an actual war. The only time Trump's numbers went up was after he deployed force.

You sure about that? Look at who he's surrounded by. McMasters is a die-hard regime change warrior and his leading adviser on this issue. I'm still on the fence with Kelly but he's got all sorts of neocon ties. And let's remember the only time the entire MSM and country said Trump acted presidential:

That was just lobbing a couple dozen cruise missiles at an empty airport. Imagine how much the war loving media will love Trump acting even more "presidential" by waging an actual war. The only time Trump's numbers went up was after he deployed force.

I understand that and it's easy to. Those two things are not in the same universe. I can see very calm, reasonable, thinking people saying that was a decent, correct, or even very good, strong decision. How many of thoe same people are going to say bombing Fat Boy was any of those. It's just not the same. I understand your concern. But IMO he's much more likely to say something that causes an international crisis than do something.

I understand that and it's easy to. Those two things are not in the same universe. I can see very calm, reasonable, thinking people saying that was a decent, correct, or even very good, strong decision. How many of thoe same people are going to say bombing Fat Boy was any of those. It's just not the same. I understand your concern. But IMO he's much more likely to say something that causes an international crisis than do something.

:beer: For the record, I'm hoping you are correct.

Sounds like Trump has 3 dragons too.

Reading now that a South Korean report says NK has considered attacking Guam.

By the time they do, it will tip over.

So basically you just described why he's that kind of crazy.

A LOT longer than 16 years. This could finally result in the constitutional test of the War Powers Act that we've never had.

Sounds like Trump has 3 dragons too.

Reading now that a South Korean report says NK has considered attacking Guam.

They'd be dumb not to consider it. The likelihood of them successfully doing so is near zero, though. The fact that they'd be lucky to hit a continent-sized target, let alone an island...people seem to think the US military is not ready for this...fact is, the Navy has been preparing for this for years.

I don't think Trump's brave enough to start a war either.

I do, however, think he's cowardly enough. I can't see him starting a war to uphold some moral standard...but I can see him starting one because he's afraid people will see him as weak and timid if he doesn't.

They'd be dumb not to consider it. The likelihood of them successfully doing so is near zero, though. The fact that they'd be lucky to hit a continent-sized target, let alone an island...people seem to think the US military is not ready for this...fact is, the Navy has been preparing for this for years.

Truth.

And the Navy isn't the only one who's been preparing... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/8026971/Aliens-have-deactivated-British-and-US-nuclear-missiles-say-US-military-pilots.html :ph34r::ph34r:

This is an attempt at levity, not a serious response.

I don't think Trump's brave enough to start a war either.

I do, however, think he's cowardly enough. I can't see him starting a war to uphold some moral standard...but I can see him starting one because he's afraid people will see him as weak and timid if he doesn't.

Exactly this...

Edited by Buftex