The Ignorant Steve King

I will say this, much like Christianity had to go through major reforms to change their brutal ways from many centuries ago, it is the religion of Islam that needs to take a good look at itself and purge the extremist factions they face today. There needs to be a level of introspection within that religion. I don't believe drawing a moral equivalence between the two paints an accurate depiction of the challenges that the religion of Islam is facing today.

Mine was a light hearted jab. Agree 100% that Islam's biggest fault is its silent majority. They need to expose the bad elements to direct sunlight.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Scarecrow on a wooden cross blackbird in the barn

Four hundred empty acres that used to be my farm..."

Be careful what you wish for Republicans, it actually might come back to bite you in the azz... Who doesn't love cheap commodities and automated, corporate farming.

IA04_113.jpg

4th Iowa is spread out over almost 40 counties. He's losing his political influence especially in a region where small family farms are being replaced by big, faceless corporate farming. With his constituents spread out over those 39 counties and rapidly dwindling for the city, he's clinging to the old white farming culture to stay politically relevant.

Sorry Steve, they ain't coming back or making nice, white, Iowa corn fed babies.

Mine was a light hearted jab. Agree 100% that Islam's biggest fault is its silent majority. They need to expose the bad elements to direct sunlight.

This... Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I will say this, much like Christianity had to go through major reforms to change their brutal ways from many centuries ago, it is the religion of Islam that needs to take a good look at itself and purge the extremist factions they face today. There needs to be a level of introspection within that religion. I don't believe drawing a moral equivalence between the two paints an accurate depiction of the challenges that the religion of Islam is facing today.

Tough to do in an unfree societies. Dictatorships, economic stagnation and oppression don't really allow for freedom to reform.

Tough to do in an unfree societies. Dictatorships, economic stagnation and oppression don't really allow for freedom to reform.

I think I know one of the reasons you use a laundromat. You agree with if it's to difficult to change a bad situation just wallow in the ****.

I think I know one of the reasons you use a laundromat. You agree with if it's to difficult to change a bad situation just wallow in the ****.

I don't think you know much of anything :lol:

They are silent because the governments will kill them in many countries. Religion is just a tool used to control people in many instances

Stonings. Honor killing. That's old school Christian.

But looking the other way on buggery? That's Boston.

Stephen King must be amused by the confusion.

I sorta like to live in the present and stonings and honor killings are virtually non-existent in the western/Christian world. If I remember correctly, you have no objection to buggery and the licensing of it. In fact you were a vocal supporter of it. You can make light of it all you want but a culture that condones the raping of young boys is sick and shameful.

I sorta like to live in the present and stonings and honor killings are virtually non-existent in the western/Christian world. If I remember correctly, you have no objection to buggery and the licensing of it. In fact you were a vocal supporter of it. You can make light of it all you want but a culture that condones the raping of young boys is sick and shameful.

Lack of Progressive institutions to counterbalance Religion will do that to a society. Liberals have pulled Christianity out of the dark ages but Liberals are against the law in Dictatorships. Seems like we are heading in the wrong direction here

Lack of Progressive institutions to counterbalance Religion will do that to a society. Liberals have pulled Christianity out of the dark ages but Liberals are against the law in Dictatorships. Seems like we are heading in the wrong direction here

WTF?

Cept Martin Luther nailed the questions to the same Vatican door that still exists today when exactly those circumstances you described above existed for Christians and much worse and it's a done deal.

Fail.

Edited by richstadiumowner

Cept Martin Luther nailed the questions to the same Vatican door that still exists today when exactly those circumstances you described above existed for Christians and much worse and it's a done deal.

Fail.

Frederick of Saxony and many other German prices supported Luther. As a matter of fact, he told Charles V "Here I stand and I can do no there" when asked to recant his works. And then he walked away from there.

A vatican door? You mean at the castle in Wittenberg?

Frederick of Saxony and many other German prices supported Luther. As a matter of fact, he told Charles V "Here I stand and I can do no there" when asked to recant his works. And then he walked away from there.

A vatican door? You mean at the castle in Wittenberg?

They had price supports back then?

Hey! Not smart enough to think of anything intelligent to say? Just try and pick out typos. At least it feels good

I didn't try, I did. I sometime point out your ignorance because it is based on laziness, carelessness, and sloppiness. Not only are your thoughts generally wrong, you rarely present them in a coherent manner. You are a legitimate dumb ass.

I didn't try, I did. I sometime point out your ignorance because it is based on laziness, carelessness, and sloppiness. Not only are your thoughts generally wrong, you rarely present them in a coherent manner. You are a legitimate dumb ass.

You add nothing positive to this board at all

Edited by Tiberius

We agree more thuan you think: The Catholic Church's culture in covering up all the rapes of children is/was abhorrent.

And Islam needs to prune its own tree.

And Steve King is a douche.

All these can coexist.

Kumbaya

Edited by Benjamin Franklin