boyst

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm amazed that Wichita State is a 10

your team Ichigan only getting a 7 was a shock to me, as well.

you'd think the b10 would get a little respect. wisconsin (8) and MSU (9) might make the 7 justified.

your team Ichigan only getting a 7 was a shock to me, as well.

you'd think the b10 would get a little respect. wisconsin (8) and MSU (9) might make the 7 justified.

I'm not that surprised at Michigan getting a 7. They were inconsistent the first half of the season, and had a poor road record.

They got hot at the right time. I believe they won 10 of their last 12 games. I don't know how far they can go, but they can make some noise.

Overall the Big 10 did not get much love. Both Wisconsin & Northwestern are 8's, and that's after Wisconsin trounced them yesterday.

Purdue was the top team in the conference, and the highest seed they got was a 4.

Edited by Mark Vader

I thought the B1G was down this year as compared to the last couple. I probably won't pick any past the sweet 16.

When Minnesota has a chance at being the top seed in the Big 10 tournament.....it is definitely a down year.

My Hokies got the 9-seed in the East, and the late game in Buffalo on Thursday, versus Wisconsin. Our first NCAA Tournament since 2007, before I was even a student there! Already got tickets with a buddy of mine here in Rochester who is a Wisconsin grad, can't wait!

Yeah, amazing that the team who won the best league in the country by two games got a #1. It's only been predicted for two weeks. AP rankings mean stojan.

I am always fascinated how they value regular seasons over tournaments. They're seeding a tournament, not a season. That UNC lost in quarters shows a lot of weakness. Not saying they suddenly suck but one seems high. Especially when duke won it and got a 2nd. I think both of those seeds may be a little off.

I'm doing one of these for the first time in about 10 years. It's charity, so why not. Since I actually put money down, I guess I can't be like the last one I did and pick New Mexico State to win the whole thing.

When Minnesota has a chance at being the top seed in the Big 10 tournament.....it is definitely a down year.

yes! The way I look at it is most of them lost to OSU at some point this year so they must not be very good. :lol: My "barometer of suck." I suffered through every one of their crap games and all I got from it is a lack of appreciation for B1G Bball as a whole.

My Hokies got the 9-seed in the East, and the late game in Buffalo on Thursday, versus Wisconsin. Our first NCAA Tournament since 2007, before I was even a student there! Already got tickets with a buddy of mine here in Rochester who is a Wisconsin grad, can't wait!

That should be fun.

Is anyone else here excited for the games that will be in Buffalo?

Well, shirely, we can't put this in the Syracuse thread. Seems, they're not going Dancing this Spring. Good thing, too. It'd be awful if they had to go to Greensboro!

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-men/d1

Amazing to see UNC a #1.

kwSzGj8.png

Oh, would you please put a band aid on your v-gina and get over the stupid Greensboro nonsense? You're letting Jim Boeheim own you. Good grief :doh::nana:

yes! The way I look at it is most of them lost to OSU at some point this year so they must not be very good. :lol: My "barometer of suck." I suffered through every one of their crap games and all I got from it is a lack of appreciation for B1G Bball as a whole.

And Michigan lost to Ohio State. :doh:

It's not just Ohio State though. Iowa and Indiana were awful. Michigan State was above average. Michigan and Wisconsin were alright and they both got hot at the right time.

I agree with you, I don't think any of these teams can get past the Sweet 16.

Having said all of that, congratulations to Northwestern for making it to the dance for the first time. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mark Vader

And Michigan lost to Ohio State. :doh:

It's not just Ohio State though. Iowa and Indiana were awful. Michigan State was above average. Michigan and Wisconsin were alright and they both got hot at the right time.

I agree with you, I don't think any of these teams can get past the Sweet 16.

Having said all of that, congratulations to Northwestern for making it to the dance for the first time. :thumbsup:

osu beat Sparty and Wisconsin too showing they also suck! Lol. I'm going to root for northwestern I guess. As a bills fan I can appreciate the drought being lifted!!

The Big East has 10 teams, and 7 are in The Dance. Hope for a good showing. It was great to see 'Nova take it all last year after getting bounced early in the years before that. Get hot in March!

I am always fascinated how they value regular seasons over tournaments. They're seeding a tournament, not a season. That UNC lost in quarters shows a lot of weakness. Not saying they suddenly suck but one seems high. Especially when duke won it and got a 2nd. I think both of those seeds may be a little off.

They lost in the semis, not quarters. Many coaches believe the regular season is more important than the conference tournament, which is why you always read stories of how unfair it is in the smaller conferences that a team can go 15-1 or something in their conference, then have one bad day in their conference tourney and they don't get an NCAA bid because only the tournament champion is rewarded.

I see the arguments both ways, but I lean towards valuing the entire regular season more than a 3-4 day tournament.